Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver Translation Patch.

KazoWAR

Just a quick question, If I was to patch my old version 1 translation with this one, will my save be wiped? I do know about the whole 'make sure the names are the same and stuff', but I was just wanting to check before I did it. Also, how did the Rudolph patch go? I'm going to test it after I get a response to my first question XP

Thanks all for the response and keep up the great work =D

[

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What patch should I be using? I have NO$GBA 2.6a and I encrypted the ROMs using eNDryptS Advanced v1.2 (because I was told to since the games wouldn't load past the intro, which they do now). I still have the clean unencrypted ROMs as well, I'm just curious if I should be using the NO$ patch, the _P patch or the clean patch for the translations. I also took the liberty of obtaining Rudolph's child's play patch but I'm not sure if that will conflict with anything I've done or about to do. Thanks in advance to anyone that replies.

what do you mean by freeze? blackscreen? or actual freezing?

if it's the latter they're fairly rare (atleast to me) i've gotten one in the whole day.

what flashcard? i'm using an acekard 2.1 and it's doing GREAT! but without the cheat code i got massive blackscreening.

I myself get the occasional black screen. It hasn't be frequent, but it happens at the end of the occasional fight. Sorry to be of more bother, but what is the cheat code? I'm using an R4, I'll probably need to look up how to put cheats onto it too.

Bag: ~75% Completed

Bill's PC: ~95% Completed

Item Names: ~90% Completed

Item Descriptions ~90% Completed

Locations: ~85% Completed

Menu: ~90% Completed

Party Window: ~95% Completed

Saving: ~70% Completed

Pokemart Text: 0% Completed

Pokedex Interface: 0% Completed

New Game Text: 0% Completed

Trainer Card: 0% Completed

Trainer Names: 0% Completed

Trainer Types: 0% Completed

Vs Recorder: 0% Completed

Wi-Fi Menu: 0% Completed

Any idea when these will be 90% done if not 100%?

to find your games ID

download http://www.megaupload.com/?d=41EH8DLE (i uploaded it, its safe) run r4cce (ignore the other thing for now)

press "add game"

look at "game id" press the button with ". . ." and select your rom. the game ID will appear.

you might need an XML editor to add the cheat to your cheatlist, atleast i did for my flashcard. the xml editor is included in the file.

this is what i edited into my xml file

<game>

<name>Pokémon HeartGold</name>

<gameid>IPKJ 60AD2FA3</gameid>

<date>2009/11/09 13:39</date>

<cheat>

<name>blackscreenfix</name>

<codes>020DD9E4 E1A00000 020D3820 E1A00000</codes>

</cheat>

</game>

you might need to change the gameid.

could be different for other flashcards. i know this works for acekard for sure.

to find your games ID

download http://www.megaupload.com/?d=41EH8DLE (i uploaded it, its safe) run r4cce (ignore the other thing for now)

press "add game"

look at "game id" press the button with ". . ." and select your rom. the game ID will appear.

you might need an XML editor to add the cheat to your cheatlist, atleast i did for my flashcard. the xml editor is included in the file.

this is what i edited into my xml file

you might need to change the gameid.

could be different for other flashcards. i know this works for acekard for sure.

ive managed to import the blacksrceenfix code using the r4cce program into my EDGE's cheats.dat file but unfortunately the "do you want to activate cheat codes" option did not appeared(Coz that option must appear if a specific game have cheat codes in the cheats.dat) when I clicked my Heart Gold rom. Btw I turned the "enable cheats" option on in the settings menu.....So are there any possible solutions to my problem ?

Hmm, whatever ROM I have gotten, it doesn't seems I am able to run my save file on any games, patched or not patched.....sigh. Are there more than one person translating this game? maybe the thing i got is from something else. Sigh have to start the game over again for the patch. Oh and for some reason, after i patched the game, the size of the file always ends up as 122 mb.

Ive used the patch on page 3 with the 2d english patch.

So far not a single freeze/glitch. I have not have to reset once.

I am using M3 DS Real. Is the AR code all that important?

Btw kazo, did you have to leave your name on the save file? No offense, i just find it kind of awkward.

Thanks guys!

aegis, you using no$gba? make sure your rom name is the same as it was when you saved. if its not exactly the same it wont load it. you can find your save in the battery folder if you forgot the exact name.

I am actually using an R4...weird guess today isnt my day. The game is able to identify my save file, but it gives me a black screen when i start the file.