PKhex not working on Linux under Wine's built-in Mono. I do not want to install .net 4.6. Please allow a permanent workaround version of PKHEX for linux and ReactOS users.

St. GIGA

Dear creator of PKhex.

I request that pkhex's change to .net 4.6 be reverted for a build that actually works on mono found in wine, as I use linux, and would not like to waste space on my hdd with .net 4.6. If you could make your code more universal, that would be very desired.

Sincerely, 

St. GIGA

The .Net Framework 4.6 comes with many useful features compared to 4.0, which lets certain new additions be more easily made.

You'll either have to get a version of mono that supports .Net 4.6 or install Windows (you can use a VM if you don't want to swap on your main computer).

(Edit) Details can be found here:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/dotnet/2015/07/20/announcing-net-framework-4-6/

I think the most notable improvement for now is faster start time (JIT compiler).

Edited by evandixon

On 2/13/2017 at 10:50 PM, St. GIGA said:

PKhex fails to run under wine, and .net 4.6 fails to install on wine. If you would fix this, I would be grateful.

If you want to use PKHeX on an operating system other than Windows, you must take it upon yourself to find a way to  execute that.

There are two different ways that I préfère, Wine or Winebottler. 

Wine will run PKHeX.exe 17.02.07.    Winebottler will wrap PKHeX 17.02.07.

Using the Wine application, you must access the menu. Then you must select Winetricks. Then tick "dotnet46" and tick silent install and then select apply. Be patient as it applies the Winetricks, it could take a minute or less.   Doing that will incorporate .NET Framework 4.6 into Wine when you run an executable.  

I'll assume you know how to launch the .exe with Wine, so I'll leave it at that.

I'll attach some screenshots to assist you.  

1.thumb.png.71d0f4455766b1ed8f30164b6e3d533d.png

2.png.0da1e1b8ba8f16c5bf34ea9d76907b4d.png

3.png.3db74a78b23fde28eb4a4bd7234951c4.png

• Like 2

On 14/02/2017 at 1:28 PM, evandixon said:

The .Net Framework 4.6 comes with many useful features compared to 4.0, which lets certain new additions be more easily made.

You'll either have to get a version of mono that supports .Net 4.6 or install Windows (you can use a VM if you don't want to swap on your main computer).

(Edit) Details can be found here:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/dotnet/2015/07/20/announcing-net-framework-4-6/

I think the most notable improvement for now is faster start time (JIT compiler).

If possible can anyone send me the previous version. Since I'm currently on vacation and the laptop I use for editing don't support 4.6 since it's old. 

I replace the previous version without thinking. 

Greatly appreciated if anybody have the version that came out after the bank update