Mew Truck Virus

jojo12100

3 minutes ago, KonohaDaze said:

This is mind-blowing, it'll definitely be interesting to see what some people decide to do with this.

The virus exists, the Mew truck mod too (but not public I think) so it'll not be difficult to do.

I have 2 big projects for now (catch Totem Pokemon is 1 of them) but I'll work on after if nobody already did it.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm surprised this wasn't posted as you got your wish @jojo12100

I wonder if it would be possible to do something similar with the Game Director in Celadon by having him do an in game trade for showing a complete Pokedex as a way to distribute the VC Mew to get around the wrong OT and ID problem.

I've attached the .py files to this post in case the download limit is hit on the dropbox link. Included are both the updated Mew Truck Virus that works with Python 2 and 3 as well as another version of the updated virus that has the Pokemon editor from the previous video. To use the Pokemon editor press B+Select in any Pokemon Center, remember that the virus with the editor will take longer to transmit on the trade screen.

convert_sav_to_mew_truck_virus.py

convert_sav_to_mew_truck_virus_with_pokegen.py

Edited by Wanderer1391
Updating files

9 hours ago, Wanderer1391 said:

I'm surprised this wasn't posted as you got your wish @jojo12100

I wonder if it would be possible to do something similar with the Game Director in Celadon by having him do an in game trade for showing a complete Pokedex as a way to distribute the VC Mew to get around the wrong OT and ID problem.

I've attached the .py file to this post in case the download limit is hit on the dropbox link.

convert_sav_to_mew_truck_virus.py

Amazing!

To answer you there is an unused trade Mew for Mew in the game (I obtained this mew earlier in this forum). What if you change the data of the Mew received to give him the OT/ID of  Gamefreak's event ?

2 hours ago, jojo12100 said:

What if you change the data of the Mew received to give him the OT/ID of  Gamefreak's event ?

It's a wild encounter, that's impossible unless the save where you capture it has the correct data. I guess this could be achieved by the script...maybe change OT and ID when the mew is captured and after it's captured recover the original OT and ID?
It should be possible, I've suggested it in the comments of the video, let's see if MrCheeze reads it.

Speaking with MrCheeze the creator of this virus and unfortunately I'll not work on the adaptation of his virus for non-US rom so I count on you to do it PPorg members !

I know it'll not be easy but let's do it to make this urban legend true for everyone.

I'll work on the French versions and I asked yet help to french developpers I know.

I noticed all offset locations changes done by the virus.

from 2000 to 23FF; 261A to 261B; 2916 to 297C; 2CF4; 3010 to 303B; 3073 to 307D; 30B5 to 30BD; 30CF to 30D5; 33A1 to 3445; 347D to 3523; 4016 to 445D; 4474 to 4477; 470C to 48D9; 4B6F to 4D26; 4D35 to 4D3B; 505F to 50AB; 513B to 5187; 518B to 519C; 5430 to 550D; 5519 to 55E9; 68CE to 68D9; 6B8F to 6C4A; 6B8F to 6C4A; 6C6B to 6D3C; 6D7E to 6DDD; 6FE6 to 70AC; 70C2 to 719D; 7432 to 75E9; 75F9 to 75FF; 7902 to 796F; 79DE to 7A4B

Hope it'll help.

Have done some progress today for the French adaptation of the virus thanks to Link but I encounter some problems too:

-don't know how to transform my edited code source into a usefull .py like the creator did.

Edit: I published the code source here. Tell me if you see any error, it'll help us.

Edited by jojo12100

6 hours ago, jojo12100 said:

-don't know how to transform my edited code source into a usefull .py like the creator did.

You don't have to create a python script from the source. It's just the bootstrap and the payload. The first 75 or 76 lines is the bootstrap,anything after is the payload. You would need a way to convert ASM into a Gen 1 Script.

Or you could just take the bootstrap and the payload from the python script. There you search for the values that you have changed in the source and change them there as well.

10 hours ago, BlackShark said:

You don't have to create a python script from the source. It's just the bootstrap and the payload. The first 75 or 76 lines is the bootstrap,anything after is the payload. You would need a way to convert ASM into a Gen 1 Script.

Or you could just take the bootstrap and the payload from the python script. There you search for the values that you have changed in the source and change them there as well.

@BlackShark First try with the french .py and it's a huge fail. The save is erased. Can send you my work in private to check but I don't know where do the problem can come from.

Ps: I can read the modded sav in PkHex, the checksum are okay.

Edited by jojo12100

I have a theory: maybe the Mew Truck Virus is based on the same principle as the secret addition of Mew in the games ?

There is blank space that is fullfilled by new datas.

But could it be possible that this blank space doesn't exist in French (or whatever non-US) rom?

If so the adaptation could be impossible to do.

What do you think about?

11 minutes ago, BlackShark said:

I'm going to give it a try tomorrow. But I already looked at the source you posted above and it seems you made some mistakes, at least I've seen one yet. In ine 57 in your script you are calling D669 while in the original it is D66A there. By looking at the memory it seems like this should be D66F in your script.

Thanks, I'll watch again.

I send you in private the .py I've done today.

Edit: You're right for D66A. I'm pretty sure I've done other dummy mistakes like that.

Edited by jojo12100

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, jojo12100 said:

@theSLAYER Did you know that you're a genious?

I mean I was reading your advises about Dream Radar and I was thinking what if I save again my .sav with PkHex in case of the checksum were incorrect?

And boum now I can load the game. Okay there are a lot of bugs now to find + the checksum thing to correct but we progress.

BugVirus.PNG

The checksum thing was a little trick I've been doing for quite a while,
whenever I edit the save manually view hex editing for whatever reasons. xD