Help with an error message

14 minutes ago, Kaphotics said:

Almost as if that green box is indicating who you've set the current handler to be.

I don't understand tho. In the original example listed, the Current Handler is the same name as the save (Conquest), but that was flagged as illegal.
(when in fact, wouldn't the issue exist if the save had the same details as the Zeraora OT?)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's quite literal. Current handler cannot be past gen OT for transferred specimen. I've highlighted the error. Latest (not OT) Handler refers to the Current handler who is holding on to the P

Working as intended. Anything transferred from the previous generation cannot be currently-handled by the previous-generation-OT, as we're in a future generation where the OT does not exist.  

Per the attached photo and Pokemon - what is the problem that needs addressing? The error is: Invalid: Current handler cannot be past gen OT for transferred specimen. This happened on t

Posted Images

image.png

Working as intended. Anything transferred from the previous generation cannot be currently-handled by the previous-generation-OT, as we're in a future generation where the OT does not exist.

>when in fact, wouldn't the issue exist if the save had the same details as the Zeraora OT?

1:4billion chance to get the same ID, and picked the same exact OT for the save file it's currently on. Statistically never going to happen, hence illegal.

The green highlight indicates who is currently handling it. If the green highlight is set for the OT and it cannot be legally set to the OT, then it is flagged as illegal.

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, Kaphotics said:

The green highlight indicates who is currently handling it. If the green highlight is set for the OT and it cannot be legally set to the OT, then it is flagged as illegal.

Ah I understand what you're saying. Also, I *think* I understand that the green highlight is actually a stand in for a byte or something in the data. It shows who is handing the data. I never did realize that.

(I just assumed the green box was related to changing OT details, and what field you are focusing at. Never realized it's for controlling who is current handler)

@ImLost with all that said, your image has the issue that the green box is at the original OT.
I've been able to recreate the issue by selecting the OT field a few times.

Spoiler

issue example
image.png

What you gotta do is make sure the green box highlights the NotOT handler.
This can be done by clicking that area a few times.

Spoiler

example
image.png

On 5/22/2020 at 11:40 AM, theSLAYER said:

Ah I understand what you're saying. Also, I *think* I understand that the green highlight is actually a stand in for a byte or something in the data. It shows who is handing the data. I never did realize that.

(I just assumed the green box was related to changing OT details, and what field you are focusing at. Never realized it's for controlling who is current handler)

@ImLost with all that said, your image has the issue that the green box is at the original OT.
I've been able to recreate the issue by selecting the OT field a few times.

Reveal hidden contents

issue example
image.png

What you gotta do is make sure the green box highlights the NotOT handler.
This can be done by clicking that area a few times.

Reveal hidden contents

example
image.png

Hey, just wanted to let you know that that worked. thanks again

• 4 months later...