Help with an error message

hehrerh

14 minutes ago, Kaphotics said:

Almost as if that green box is indicating who you've set the current handler to be.

I don't understand tho. In the original example listed, the Current Handler is the same name as the save (Conquest), but that was flagged as illegal.
(when in fact, wouldn't the issue exist if the save had the same details as the Zeraora OT?)

image.png

Working as intended. Anything transferred from the previous generation cannot be currently-handled by the previous-generation-OT, as we're in a future generation where the OT does not exist.

>when in fact, wouldn't the issue exist if the save had the same details as the Zeraora OT?

1:4billion chance to get the same ID, and picked the same exact OT for the save file it's currently on. Statistically never going to happen, hence illegal.

The green highlight indicates who is currently handling it. If the green highlight is set for the OT and it cannot be legally set to the OT, then it is flagged as illegal.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Kaphotics said:

The green highlight indicates who is currently handling it. If the green highlight is set for the OT and it cannot be legally set to the OT, then it is flagged as illegal.

Ah I understand what you're saying. Also, I *think* I understand that the green highlight is actually a stand in for a byte or something in the data. It shows who is handing the data. I never did realize that.

(I just assumed the green box was related to changing OT details, and what field you are focusing at. Never realized it's for controlling who is current handler)

@ImLost with all that said, your image has the issue that the green box is at the original OT.
I've been able to recreate the issue by selecting the OT field a few times.

Spoiler

issue example
image.png

What you gotta do is make sure the green box highlights the NotOT handler.
This can be done by clicking that area a few times.

Spoiler

example
image.png

On 5/22/2020 at 11:40 AM, theSLAYER said:

Ah I understand what you're saying. Also, I *think* I understand that the green highlight is actually a stand in for a byte or something in the data. It shows who is handing the data. I never did realize that.

(I just assumed the green box was related to changing OT details, and what field you are focusing at. Never realized it's for controlling who is current handler)

@ImLost with all that said, your image has the issue that the green box is at the original OT.
I've been able to recreate the issue by selecting the OT field a few times.

Reveal hidden contents

issue example
image.png

What you gotta do is make sure the green box highlights the NotOT handler.
This can be done by clicking that area a few times.

Reveal hidden contents

example
image.png

Hey, just wanted to let you know that that worked. thanks again

• 4 months later...
5 hours ago, SkyLink98 said:

Can you explain better the problem? If you want it to Gen 8, just do a Bank Transfer or Drag & Drop it to a PKHeX window loaded with a Sword/Shield save file.

i actually was able to figure it out after a few months of trying. last night had my break though attached is the finalized file 

248 - Tyranitar - 51373A6256D3.pk7

• 11 months later...
On 2/9/2017 at 9:54 AM, theSLAYER said:

It's quite literal.

Current handler cannot be past gen OT for transferred specimen.

Capture.PNG

I've highlighted the error.

Latest (not OT) Handler refers to the Current handler who is holding on to the Pokemon presently,
that isn't the Original Trainer.

The error message is basically saying
"Hey, how can the present guy be the same guy as the guy from previous generation. that makes no sense yo"

for OP, change that to "!" (your present trainer name)
Capture.PNG
(I was using a female gender save, don't mind it)

[seriously, all the details are in the error message..]

Seriously, they're not.
*Current should be changed to *Latest to avoid confusion over what specific box the error is referring to, because that's where the bottleneck originates.
Simply changing the name was not enough, and clearing the box all-together added the additional error: 'Invalid: HT Language is missing.' So following the details in the error message to simply change the current trainer name to a different name was not helpful.
The only thing that fixed it was changing the name to '!', like you suggested, which is not detailed at all in the error message.

When people are asking for help, that's all they need. They shouldn't be entering into some mentally abusive, derogatory, invisible contract where they help you fulfill your need to look/feel superior to others (...on the internet...) in exchange for advice. You could've given the help without making up reasons to look down on people who are seeking answers.

2 hours ago, msa said:

Seriously, they're not.
*Current should be changed to *Latest to avoid confusion over what specific box the error is referring to, because that's where the bottleneck originates.
Simply changing the name was not enough, and clearing the box all-together added the additional error: 'Invalid: HT Language is missing.' So following the details in the error message to simply change the current trainer name to a different name was not helpful.
The only thing that fixed it was changing the name to '!', like you suggested, which is not detailed at all in the error message.

When people are asking for help, that's all they need. They shouldn't be entering into some mentally abusive, derogatory, invisible contract where they help you fulfill your need to look/feel superior to others (...on the internet...) in exchange for advice. You could've given the help without making up reasons to look down on people who are seeking answers.

There are 3 concepts for this that should be understood.

1. A Pokémon has a trainer details to indicate who was the first trainer the Pokémon had.

2. A Pokémon has a trainer details to indicate who last had possession of it, besides the original trainer.

3. A Pokémon has a flag indicating who is currently handling it, because Friendship is tracked separately.

PKHeX displays the current handler as a green background. PKHeX automatically updates this flag whenever a Pokémon is set to a save file. If a Pokémon's OT details matches that of the save file it is being set to, its handler flag will be set to OT, otherwise, the HT (Handling Trainer) data is updated and the current handler flag is set to indicate HT.

Your confusion is likely arising due to creating data for a save file using the same trainer details for other-game data. Example: an Emerald Pikachu having the trainer details of your Sword game will be recognized as being handled by the OT, because PKHeX (mimicking the games) does not check to see if the Version is different.

Don't reply to posts that are 4 years old with an attitude like that, lmao. PKHeX's legality checker is a legality checker, not a "here's how to fix every single hacked piece of data imaginable".

• Like 1

I'm going to assume you landed on this years old page cause you got the same message, or your error has similar keywords. Still, without an exact image, we can't fully help you, but rather can only speculate.

7 hours ago, msa said:

To add-on/simplify what Kaphotic's said. Current Handler in certain situations can be Original Trainer (OT); it doesn't always have to be Latest Handling Trainer (HT). For example, if you traded a mon away to someone else, but traded it back to the OT, the Current Handler would be OT.

Based on what you've said, it appears you're treating Handling Trainer and Current Handler to be the same. They are not the same. Hence why the whole renaming idea wouldn't work :/
To reiterate, just in case you missed what Kaphotics said, Current Handler is determined by the green box selecting the entire area of HT or OT.

Additionally, it appears the response you quoted was age-old, so lemme give a run down on what to do now.

7 hours ago, msa said:

Instead of clearing the HT's name, all you gotta do is click on the area to shift the green box.
(If your issue is at all similar to that user's issue)

Using images (in spoiler):

Spoiler

image.png
image.png

image.png

image.png

I like giving people other perspectives to look at an error message, cause sometimes tackling issues from a different perspective helps to offer clarity.
However, because I don't know your exact error, I can't help with that :/

Even though we didn't have your exact image, I hope the explanation from me and Kurt resolved your issue.
Have a great one.

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, Kaphotics said:

Don't change the trainer TID/SID of your save files to be the same across multiple games. You cannot reasonably have the same TID/SID/OT.

I didn't, im getting a Kanto Dugtrio from the encounter database from the X&Y games, and it does that, legal until in box.

Is like the green box marking doesn't work, when i view it and change it, shows the change, but when i place it in the box it changes  itself back.

Edited by Facu_6407

1 hour ago, Facu_6407 said:

I didn't, im getting a Kanto Dugtrio from the encounter database from the X&Y games, and it does that, legal until in box.

Is like the green box marking doesn't work, when i view it and change it, shows the change, but when i place it in the box it changes  itself back.

Note the TID/SID of the save file, and note the TID/SID of the pokemon. If they are from different games, they should not be the same.

8 hours ago, Kaphotics said:

Note the TID/SID of the save file, and note the TID/SID of the pokemon. If they are from different games, they should not be the same.

I changed it and it worked, thank you that was very helpful !