Help with an error message

hehrerh

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, MrExodus said:

I'm having some issues with a Type: Null, could you see what's wrong?

772 - Type Null - F7CD33A50A3E.pk8 344 B · 1 download

image.png.27eba7c0631b965663db74abfd841908.png

The message tells you the exact issue. Past Gen OT details (the OT details of this Type Null) cannot have same details as the blank save (in this case the PKHeX OT details).

I suggest you load up PKHeX with a Gen 8 save or change Type Null's OT Details.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, ImLost said:

So, I've read through the other people that have been helped and it mainly seems like the error is not changing the current (not OT) trainer. 

Ive tried this so many times. Open the mon, type something in the current, it has the error. try changing the OT and it comes up with A LOT of errors. 

807 - Zeraora - FE9EB8F1CC0B.pk7 260 B · 1 download

This is an event Pokemon. It was distributed with a set OT, TID and SID and they can't be changed without making it illegal.

Most (but not all) Mythical Pokemon are from events.

Edited by umbreon86

1 minute ago, umbreon86 said:

This is an event Pokemon. IT was distributed with a set OT, TID and SID and they can't be changed without making it illegal.

Youd think theyd have the correct info in the database. is there a place i can go to find that information?

4 minutes ago, ImLost said:

Youd think theyd have the correct info in the database. is there a place i can go to find that information?

Who is "they"? It's correct here, on Bulbapedia and on Serebii. I stick to those places for finding out event info, but there are probably other resources too.

Edited by umbreon86

5 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

can you provide specifics of which database you're referring to, and where's the supposed wrong information?

The Pkmdb. really, im trying to learn how to do this from trial and error. 

6 minutes ago, ImLost said:

The Pkmdb. really, im trying to learn how to do this from trial and error. 

Aside from info potentially being wrong, what's your goal with this Pokemon? Are you trying to add it to a save file? If so, which one?

Edited by umbreon86

1 hour ago, umbreon86 said:

Aside from info potentially being wrong, what's your goal with this Pokemon? Are you trying to add it to a save file? If so, which one?

I'm trying to add it to my party to mess around with it. And uhh. Yea. Sure. Gotta get the pc out again.  

1 hour ago, umbreon86 said:

Alright. this is what it shows. thanks for helping by the way. its much appriciated 

PKHeX (20200414) - SAV8SWSH_ main [Conquest (SW) - 2020-05-22 12ː14] 5_21_2020 5_08_00 PM.png

PKHeX (20200414) - SAV8SWSH_ main [Conquest (SW) - 2020-05-22 12ː14] 5_21_2020 5_05_00 PM.png

1 minute ago, theSLAYER said:

There's nothing wrong with the OT details.

Change the Latest (NotOT) to someone else, then change it back to you, and see if that fixes it.

ya ive done that a few times. makes me wonder if its because i took it from the file and opened it in my game? i really dont know. im gonna try to just load all the mons from it into an old backup and see what happens

1 hour ago, theSLAYER said:

@Kaphotics any ideas why this happen :/

yea i did that and now the game just closes before it even opens. oof. 

1 hour ago, ImLost said:

ya ive done that a few times. makes me wonder if its because i took it from the file and opened it in my game? i really dont know. im gonna try to just load all the mons from it into an old backup and see what happens

If i go Tools>Open Folder>Gridelin>Open

then select the zerazora it will show it is good to go.

so if i click and drag it to my desktop then go File>Open>Main and drag it back, it says its not. and yes i changed the NOT OT name and changed it back, as well as with the OT name (copy, delete, type, a whole bunch of errors pop up, select all, paste, says the OT trainer error again)

PKHeX (20200414) - SAV7USUM_ main [Gridelin (UM) - 2018-03-03 20ː25] 5_21_2020 6_48_03 PM.png

PKHeX (20200414) - SAV8SWSH_ main [Conquest (SW) - 2020-05-22 12ː14] 5_21_2020 5_08_00 PM.png

PKHeX (20200414) - SAV8SWSH_ main [Conquest (SW) - 2020-05-22 12ː14] 5_21_2020 5_05_00 PM.png

Invalid: Current handler cannot be past gen OT for transferred specimen.
===

Valid Move 1: Relearnable Move. [Gen7]
Valid Move 2: Learned by TM/HM in Generation 7. [Gen7]
Valid Move 3: Relearnable Move. [Gen7]
Valid Move 4: Learned by TM/HM in Generation 7. [Gen7]
Valid Relearn Move 1: Valid.
Valid Relearn Move 2: Valid.
Valid Relearn Move 3: Valid.
Valid Relearn Move 4: Valid.

Fishy: Memory: Handling Trainer Memory missing.
Fishy: Pokémon HOME Transfer Tracker is missing.
Valid: Matches: Card #: 0292 - まぼろしのポケモン ゼラオラ 
Valid: Nickname matches species name.
Valid: Current level is not below met level.
Valid: All ribbons accounted for.
Valid: Ability matches ability number.
Valid: Correct ball for encounter type.
Valid: Form is Valid.
Valid: Form argument is valid.
Valid: Mystery Gift Fateful Encounter.
Valid: Geolocation: Country is in 3DS region.
===

Encounter Type: Event Gift (WC7) (Zeraora)
PID Type: None

this is the report if you hold ctrl and click on the red !