4th Gen Save File not empty WC list

Real.96

This is what I see in my HeartGold save file clicking on Mystery Gift:

eI3hd18.png      F3NxddM.png

I didn't injected any PCD/PGT into it. I don't know if this can cause a problem when i will inject them. This is only on 4th gen, not in 5th gen.

Edited by Real.96

38 minutes ago, Real.96 said:

This is what I see in my HeartGold save file clicking on Mystery Gift:

eI3hd18.png      F3NxddM.png

I didn't injected any PCD/PGT into it. I don't know if this can cause a problem when i will inject them. This is only on 4th gen, not in 5th gen.

If I recall Gen 4 itself has horrible handling of Wonder cards.

• Like 1

I had a similar problem when I tried with Pearl last month. Created a brand new save file on DeSmuME and it had a bogus Wondercard like this in PCD slot-3.

However, when I tried the same thing again but on real hardware with a retail cartridge, then dumped the save file, everything was fine, so I wrote it off as an emulator error and didn't really bother reporting that.

If you're getting this with a save file from a retail cart that hasn't been tampered with, it's definitely worth uploading the save files here. You can delete any Pokémon from it that you don't want other people to be able to just take before uploading. My sample size was only 2 so it's possible that this wasn't actually an emulator error.

That being said, it may be worth it to upload emulator saves that exhibit the same issue as well.

(I do not have that save file anymore, I can try and reproduce it though if uploading saves can help.)

5 hours ago, Ammako said:

I had a similar problem when I tried with Pearl last month. Created a brand new save file on DeSmuME and it had a bogus Wondercard like this in PCD slot-3.

However, when I tried the same thing again but on real hardware with a retail cartridge, then dumped the save file, everything was fine, so I wrote it off as an emulator error and didn't really bother reporting that.

If you're getting this with a save file from a retail cart that hasn't been tampered with, it's definitely worth uploading the save files here. You can delete any Pokémon from it that you don't want other people to be able to just take before uploading. My sample size was only 2 so it's possible that this wasn't actually an emulator error.

That being said, it may be worth it to upload emulator saves that exhibit the same issue as well.

(I do not have that save file anymore, I can try and reproduce it though if uploading saves can help.)

This is the save file

Pokémon Silberne Edition SoulSilver (G).sav