Cant Find VC Gen 1 Save File In PKHex

ChokingVictim87

35 minutes ago, ChokingVictim87 said:

Im sorry if this has already been discussed,but i have updated to the latest version and can no longer detect the save backups of my VC Red and Yellow saves.

Can anyone tell me why? Thanks in advance

?

If accessing through Open, change file type to "All files",

Else, just drag the sav.dat into PKHeX, it should open.

Or are you saying it's unable to open (I was just able to)

Just now, theSLAYER said:

?

Else, just drag the sav.dat into PKHeX, it should open.

Or are you saying it's unable to open (I was just able to)

Well,before you just had to select "open" on PKHex,locate the file and click it-done.

Now the actual Save.dat or whatever its called file isn't showing up. 

Hmm,Im off out in a second.Will have to try and drag/drop tomorrow! Will let you know:)

8 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

I personally tried that with a newly extracted save file with a .dat format, extracted from my VC version of Pokemon red, and this WORKS. When you open it in Pkhex, in the opening window allowing you to browse in your PC, just change the file format category to "all files", and it will display your file in the appropriate folder ! :)

But I've been wondering ... is saving it like that is enough to import it back into your 3DS console to replace your unedited save ??? Like no decryption methods to do before ?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tenshin26100 said:

But I've been wondering ... is saving it like that is enough to import it back into your 3DS console to replace your unedited save ??? Like no decryption methods to do before ?

I save it as sav.dat in import it with JKSV, works for me.

(do always keep a back up of your unmodded save, just in case)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChokingVictim87 said:

Ok,so I dragged and dropped the savdat file,edited and then tried to save. Injected it back into the game and its saying "save corrupted"....

You really should have followed the tip above ... like making a clean unedited backup of your save file. It is ALWAYS something that needs to be done, even if you're sure about yourself. I corrupted one of my saves with the japanese save editor on 3DS, and I could restore it thankfully with a previous backup :)

And same question as above, what software did you used for injecting ???

3 hours ago, ReignOfComputer said:

If you're using SDF, make sure you clear the Secure Value.

Also, when you're injecting back in the game, make sure your folder only has the sav.dat file. From past experience, having a sav.dat.bak in the same directory confused the game.

Heck, having anything extra in the folder will cause corruption, too.

(it happened to me, when a sav.dat.bak was in the folder)