Jump to content
Message added by jasenyoface

Version 19.09.19 Now Available!

Recommended Posts

  • 1 month later...
  • Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

PKHeX for Mac Made with Wineskin   Welcome to PKHeX for Mac Discussion thread! Please post here if you need help or are experiencing issues related to this Wineskin wrapper, and use the PKHe

Not near my Mac so I’ll explain via memory.   Make a new bottle name it PKHeX, select Windows 7 (not 64Bit), select bottle and install software “Microsoft .Net” select the highest version th

@jasenyoface You know it's possible to have both PKHex & PKHaX working from the same wrapper right?, If you like I could modify your PKHeX.app to launch normal it will load PKHeX as normal th

Posted Images

13 hours ago, ChrisXu1111 said:

Does anybody know how to open PKHek in Mac Big Sur?I tried all of posts tutorial  but not work any more.

 

Last I checked the wrapper I’d provided was working on macOS Big Sur, I’ll retest this once I’ve reinstalled the current version on a 256GB SSD

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Once WineCX20.0.2 Engine is available publicly for Wineskin I’ll update the copy of PKHeX I’ve provided so it will also run on Apple Silicon devices via Rosetta2

 

Edit;

Added a new updated wrapper that functions on M1 systems, this should also run on macOS High Sierra but not sure if it runs below this version. Any feedback on if it works below macOS High Sierra is appreciated.

Edited by pkman99
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
20 minutes ago, NEhrnsberger30 said:

Does PKHex support GBA files?

If you mean .gba files, no. PKHeX is a Save Editor, not a ROM Editor.

It can edit save files (.sav) from GBA games though. Actually every Pokemon game from the main series from the 1st  gen to the 8th gen is supported.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
On 12/20/2020 at 9:58 PM, pkman99 said:

Once WineCX20.0.2 Engine is available publicly for Wineskin I’ll update the copy of PKHeX I’ve provided so it will also run on Apple Silicon devices via Rosetta2

 

Edit;

Added a new updated wrapper that functions on M1 systems, this should also run on macOS High Sierra but not sure if it runs below this version. Any feedback on if it works below macOS High Sierra is appreciated.

Sorry for disturbing. I downloaded your file "PKHeX_20.12.30.txz" from the MEGA website you provided but after unzipping the .app file cannot be opened.

The warning is “PKHeX.app” is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the Trash."

I tried to open te winewrapper executable directly and results in the same warning in the end.

I would appreciate your help. Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, gallantblade said:

Sorry for disturbing. I downloaded your file "PKHeX_20.12.30.txz" from the MEGA website you provided but after unzipping the .app file cannot be opened.

The warning is “PKHeX.app” is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the Trash."

I tried to open te winewrapper executable directly and results in the same warning in the end.

I would appreciate your help. Thanks!

 

You didn’t remove the quarantine flag, I’d recommend the following.

 

Before extracting run the following command in terminal;
 

xattr -drs com.apple.quarantine ~/Downloads

 

Next extract the archive, however don’t use kaka or it will restore the quarantine flag making that’s what’s making the app seem like it corrupted aka GateKeeper is doing its job.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, pkman99 said:

 

You didn’t remove the quarantine flag, I’d recommend the following.

 

Before extracting run the following command in terminal;
 

xattr -drs com.apple.quarantine ~/Downloads

 

Next extract the archive, however don’t use kaka or it will restore the quarantine flag making that’s what’s making the app seem like it corrupted aka GateKeeper is doing its job.

It works now. Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites

@pkman99

Good morning! I recently upgraded to MacBook Air M1 (MacOS Big Sur Ver. 11.2.3). I had PKHeX on Windows but now I can't open it on Mac as it is an .exe file. I looked for several guides on how to run it on Macbook and by chance I came across yours yesterday. I followed all the steps: downloaded the zip from Mega, entered the command in the terminal and everything but the result was negative. The file opens but suddenly closes after a few seconds. Do you have any advice for me, maybe you can tell me step by step what to do? Unfortunately I see that many people have a hard time making it work… I would be immensely grateful!
Edited by Gaetanik
Link to post
Share on other sites

@Gaetanik your message is very hard to read.

If you followed the steps in my last comment PKHeX would be working, if it’s not working ether you didn’t follow the steps accurately or you have a crappy anti virus/malware that’s incorrectly flagging the wrapper.

 

This was confirmed to be working on macOS Mojave and also macOS Big Sur for Intel and Apple Silicon systems.

 

I won’t be providing another step by step guide in this thread as I’ve done this for CrossOver, also won’t be upgrading the wrapper again as there’s no point other then replacing the PKHeX.exe and that’s easy enough for the user to do.

 

As this thread has been abandoned I don’t see any point in providing support for someone else’s thread when it just ends up causing me an additional headache.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/17/2020 at 3:47 PM, pkman99 said:

Not near my Mac so I’ll explain via memory.

 

Make a new bottle name it PKHeX, select Windows 7 (not 64Bit), select bottle and install software “Microsoft .Net” select the highest version that show up in the search field. Select the bottle you made earlier click the prompts as required.

After that’s completed using the secondary menu over the bottles name select “Open Drive C”, that will open a finder window within the selected bottle.

Copy over the extracted PKHeX.exe within a folder, once that’s don’t close the finder window, now on the CrossOver window select the bottle again and you need to select “run custom command” (I think th says it’s name), click the browse button on the new window and select the PKHeX.exe, you should see an option to save this launcher.

 

after that you will get a new PKHeX icon within CrossOver that will launch PKHeX

i followed these rough explained steps multiple times and it doesnt work! i installed Crossover 19.0.1xxxx, i downloaded PKHex as a standalone exe file, i opened up Crossover and first installed the Microsoft Net Framework 4.7.2 (Latest version as you told), after that i created a new bottle, named it PKHex, and have chosen Win 7 Bottle (not 64 Bit), did a right click on the bottle and clicked on open drive C, in this folder i pasted the PKHeX.exe file as you said. then I clicked right on the PKHeX bottle again and selected the command thing, clicked on browse and selected the pasted PKHeX.exe file. The program respnded something with 255 and then the PKHeX Icon appeared in the bottle.

But when i open it -> the Pokeball icon pops up in the dock, jumps for 2 seconds and then disappears without opening, doesnt matter how often i click on it, it comes, and goes after 2 seconds.

Where is my mistake? What am I doing wrong?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

I am trying to install pkhex in big sur. I tried via terminal but when it came to installing the files I kept getting errors. Then I tried the download file for Mac and that didn’t do anything, finally I try winebottler and I got errors as well. Does it actually work for big Sur or is it not possible? I’ve looked through the forums to find answer but nothing seems to apply to my issues 

 

Edit: think I have it, had to dig through the comments to find the answer

Edited by Malagajm
Link to post
Share on other sites

A mod really should just lock this thread since @jasenyoface hasn’t been online in over a year & I really don’t want to constantly post the same information when someone can’t get PKHeX working on macOS.

 

The current first post is externally outdated and won’t function on any recent version of macOS.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/26/2021 at 3:38 PM, pkman99 said:

A mod really should just lock this thread since @jasenyoface hasn’t been online in over a year & I really don’t want to constantly post the same information when someone can’t get PKHeX working on macOS.

 

The current first post is externally outdated and won’t function on any recent version of macOS.

I've locked this topic.

If anyone is still interested in describing how to set up PKHeX with Macs, please create a new thread-tutorial.

If you are a regular user looking for help, please do not make a new thread asking for help. It is not something that I am supporting.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...