Jump to content
jasenyoface

Version 18.09.11 Now Available 

Message added by jasenyoface

Recommended Posts

I tried to get the latest version but It says I need X11. I tried getting that but it got stuck in verification. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the life of me, I don't know how to make PKHex to work. I have High Sierra and it I downloaded the latest version but it doesn't even move.

I tried an older version and it works but my Ultra Moon file does not load. I need it to keep playing the game or I will not be able to play it at all.

I have no idea how to use a Windows version in Mac. I have a MacBook Air and really dont know much about all of this.

I just want to know if I can play the game or should I just leave it at that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2017 at 2:32 PM, NOVED said:

Using the file in the current OP. Won't open at all on High Sierra.

 

On 11/28/2017 at 5:43 AM, DaviNguyen said:

Everytime I open it, it just stay there and nothing happens. What should I do??

 

4 hours ago, pchd88 said:

For the life of me, I don't know how to make PKHex to work. I have High Sierra and it I downloaded the latest version but it doesn't even move.

Sometimes (and I don’t really know why) this method works when the app won’t launch:

Right click PKHeX.app and choose “show package contents”. Next, enter the “Contents” folder and then the “MacOS” folder. Run “WineskinLauncher”.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok if the Application still isn't loading on initial click/Unidentified Developer open

1. Get the WineBottler Bundle and install both Wine and WineBottler into your Mac. http://winebottler.kronenberg.org

2. Open Wine, Click the Wine Glass at the top of your Screen and a drop down menu should appear. Select [Change Prefix] Select Add, and create a New Prefix(You can leave this as it is). Now go back to the Wine Glass and Select-> [WineTricks]. Search dotnet46, Select the [Silent Install] and [MS .NET 4.6] Boxes, and press Apply. This may take awhile so please don't be that impatient.(Kudos to @jasenyoface for your guide on Page 7)

3. Presuming you have Unachieved the .7z, Right click on it and Open Package Contents of the Application, [PKHex], go to the Alias [drive_c] ->[Program Files]->[PKHex]->Run [PKHex.exe] [If you need a guide to this, please look through the previous pages, I'm quite new.. :/]

4. A Pop-up window should show up. Change the [Run Directly] part to your newly created [Prefix] and Press [Go]. 

There, running :]

Note: I have not tested the loading of save files etc. and only opened it. And that I'm not responsible for anything else that happens to the system. Enjoy!

EdibleBiscuits~

 

 

Edited by YummyBiscuits

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, YummyBiscuits said:

Ok if the Application still isn't loading on initial click/Unidentified Developer open

1. Get the WineBottler Bundle and install both Wine and WineBottler into your Mac. http://winebottler.kronenberg.org

2. Open Wine, Click the Wine Glass at the top of your Screen and a drop down menu should appear. Select [Change Prefix] Select Add, and create a New Prefix(You can leave this as it is). Now go back to the Wine Glass and Select-> [WineTricks]. Search dotnet46, Select the [Silent Install] and [MS .NET 4.6] Boxes, and press Apply. This may take awhile so please don't be that impatient.(Kudos to @jasenyoface for your guide on Page 7)

3. Presuming you have Unachieved the .7z, Right click on it and Open Package Contents of the Application, [PKHex], go to the Alias [drive_c] ->[Program Files]->[PKHex]->Run [PKHex.exe] [If you need a guide to this, please look through the previous pages, I'm quite new.. :/]

4. A Pop-up window should show up. Change the [Run Directly] part to your newly created [Prefix] and Press [Go]. 

There, running :]

Note: I have not tested the loading of save files etc. and only opened it. And that I'm not responsible for anything else that happens to the system. Enjoy!

EdibleBiscuits~

 

 

See. I’ve done this and it does not open whatsoever. 

It doesn’t launch, but suddenly wine is taking up a lot of memory for about 4 minutes and then stops responding completely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2017 at 8:00 PM, jasenyoface said:

 

 

Sometimes (and I don’t really know why) this method works when the app won’t launch:

Right click PKHeX.app and choose “show package contents”. Next, enter the “Contents” folder and then the “MacOS” folder. Run “WineskinLauncher”.  

Hey @jasenyoface, I think the best solution for most users would be to simply download the .exe and use Wine (the version bundled with WineBottler) to open the app. After many failed attempts to use WineBottler to create a Mac app solution when the supplied app refuses to cooperate (does not open), I decided to try this and it works every time. Some icons do not display properly but this is common with Wine. What do you think? (Could save you a ton of *help* requests down the road.)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FalseSwipe said:

Hey @jasenyoface, I think the best solution for most users would be to simply download the .exe and use Wine (the version bundled with WineBottler) to open the app. After many failed attempts to use WineBottler to create a Mac app solution when the supplied app refuses to cooperate (does not open), I decided to try this and it works every time. Some icons do not display properly but this is common with Wine. What do you think? (Could save you a ton of *help* requests down the road.)

Hey FalseSwipe!  I agree with you, it’s the best solution for PKHeX to run on MacOS.  In fact, I recently put together this guide to help members go that route:

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

says Ribombee with Powder as an egg move is invalid? ... i've checked conditions... nothing seems amiss...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Kaphotics said:

how do i hak pogeymon

image.png

That's strange, I downloaded the latest version, checked "from egg" added powder into relearn moves and told me it was an invalid move. I'll try again tomorrow and screen cap if still not right... Or might show what I'm doing wrong! Thanks for the quick reply! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey wen i tried to do the wine and the pkhex.exe method, i open the application and it gives me a message saying the the pkhex.core.dll cannot be located. Any suggestions or something that i did wrong??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It launches only once for me then stops working.

I've got Wine and Winebottler installed. Same with Wineskin Winery. I should have X11 too...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25.12.2017 at 9:59 PM, Philbo said:

That's strange, I downloaded the latest version, checked "from egg" added powder into relearn moves and told me it was an invalid move. I'll try again tomorrow and screen cap if still not right... Or might show what I'm doing wrong! Thanks for the quick reply! 

You're adding a move that a Pokemon already knows to relearn moves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jasenyoface said:

How are you trying to run the app?

I double clicked on it, then a terminal thing popped up, then that message appeared 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SO I just downloaded the most recent update and when I try to open it, it says that a fatal non UI error has occurred and there was a problem displaying the details. and now not even the app that works is opening because it says it is no longer available.

 

Edited by flawlesshoodrat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have problems downloading this file whenever i try to i have this message popping up 

Sorry, there is a problem

We could not locate the item you are trying to view.

Error code: 2S328/1

 

Can u please fix this problem

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2018 at 1:53 PM, jasenyoface said:

Topic updated!  Try your downloads again.

Downloaded the new one, did everything and all I get Is the verifying screen. I tried Opening it with terminal through Packaged Contents and nothing, but the same message of verifying. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×