Message added by jasenyoface

Version 19.09.19 Now Available!

@italoarcos as long as you already have PKHeX working in CrossOver it's easy.

Select the PKHeX Bottle, right click and select "Open C Drive", browse to where you place PKHeX.exe, create a new directory calling it "plugins", now place the plugins files into the directory and launch PKHeX and it will be functional.

If you used anything other then Safari to download the files you will get the follow for each (I used chrome for this)

1007496868_ScreenShot2020-06-21at9_58_08AM.png.0f5fa3ca3cdb45849b550a30c1c1230a.png

You can click "Allow Anyway"

1912285402_ScreenShot2020-06-21at9_58_29AM.thumb.png.f3415ef2e4ffad4f79b7c17785d0083f.png

Do that for each item prompted and it won't happen again, this can also be done via a Terminal command

xattr -d com.apple.quarantine {drag_file_here}

The above command will remove the flag from the downloaded file, I didn't try this on windows files but I have been able to run the command directly on compressed archive/dmg/zip files that contained app bundles so it might work for Windows files as those are affected now also.

Edited by pkman99
  • Like 1

After Apple's announcement of macOS Big Sur, I downloaded the Beta and for Intel systems anyway I'm still able to make use of wine32on64

1870548305_ScreenShot2020-06-22at10_01_39PM.thumb.png.194e19b40a774a107583f787b6dc852a.png

As can be seen in the screenshot PKHeX wrapper I made functions along with some games I tested

Edit;

I checked and @jasenyoface hasn’t logged in since February, so I doubt we will be seeing the first page being updated anytime soon.

Edited by pkman99
  • Like 1

On 6/30/2020 at 2:44 AM, baylor910 said:

Every time I try and use winebottler to make PKHeX it just gives me an error with a log. Can anyone link me a download for the latest version?

Let me guess macOS Catalina?

16 hours ago, teamnowalls said:

Hi there, could you please help write a step by step for MacOS Catalina? I'm trying to follow the one already here but I still don't understand... Thank you so much.

Check back a page I know someone reposted my instructions on getting PKHeX working using CrossOver.

I really don’t feel like providing a working wrapper again when I’m unable to update the first post, you will notice I’m reporting myself in most posts within the thread

11 minutes ago, slobrodoe said:

I'm running on MacOS Catalina and it does not work. I open it, and nothing happens. Please help!
*MacOS Catalina version 10.15.5*

I’ve posted about the status of each project May 24th, nothing has changed.

And here @stackx revised the steps I’d posted precisely from memory while at work.

56 minutes ago, italoarcos said:

@pkman99 Did you test with Crossover 19 works on Big Sur?

No I skipped checking it since wine-crossover-19.0.1 works.

I didn’t see much point testing CrossOver-19 since there the same thing just CodeWeavers shinny GUI and pearl wrappers are used

Edited by pkman99
  • Like 1

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but everytime I import a save when I open the game it shows me that the saved game data is corrupted. I've tried with JK and Checkpoint and I'm using Fillezilla to upload the save. 

Edited by italoarcos

30 minutes ago, italoarcos said:

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but everytime I import a save when I open the game it shows me that the saved game data is corrupted. I've tried with JK and Checkpoint. 

Are you transferring the save over TFP?, if you are set the transfer type to binary.

5 minutes ago, Asia81 said:

wtf are all these options?

Exclusive to macos version ?

Those are macOS Catalina and later security settings, I allowed my PKHeX wrapper access to the listed locations

If those security setting are not set PKHeX won’t have access to the listed locations, well unless you have SIP disabled but I don’t expect a normal user to ever have SIP disabled

• Like 1

On 7/6/2020 at 1:35 PM, pkman99 said:

If those security setting are not set PKHeX won’t have access to the listed locations, well unless you have SIP disabled but I don’t expect a normal user to ever have SIP disabled

I think the question was regarding the Auto Legality Mod, above the Showdown drop off menu. 

Also, is there a reason why my PKHex file is 8 GB in size lol? I downloaded the file from this page, it's a neat 8.6 MB file but once I converted it with WineBottler (I'm running Mojave) it took a big amount of time to install, and it is now a gigantic 8.53 GB file on my storage. Any idea? Should I reinstall again? I want to also note that I took about 20 attempts for PKHeX to work. I messed around with different wine tricks and options until it finally worked out. 

13 minutes ago, Kas1302 said:

I think the question was regarding the Auto Legality Mod, above the Showdown drop off menu. 

Also, is there a reason why my PKHex file is 8 GB in size lol? I downloaded the file from this page, it's a neat 8.6 MB file but once I converted it with WineBottler (I'm running Mojave) it took a big amount of time to install, and it is now a gigantic 8.53 GB file on my storage. Any idea? Should I reinstall again? I want to also note that I took about 20 attempts for PKHeX to work. I messed around with different wine tricks and options until it finally worked out. 

From there responses that was the case, but as it was mentioned within the reply I assumed they were asking about the security settings I was showing

Not sure why your copy is almost 9GB when mine is just under 2GB.

The reason the PKHeX for mac is larger then the Windows executable is really simple, there is no mac version of PKHeX instead the Windows version is ran using a wine wrapper.

The wine based wrapper contains;

• wine
  • wineprefix (the fake windows environment)
  • required dylibs
  • PKHeX.exe
  • .Net framework

Update. I'm still installing and my storage shows it's taking 4 GB and it's halfway through installation lol. Here's a screenshot of my screen:

Noting as well, I'm using the PKHeX file that's shown on the home screen, the one updated on the 21'st for compatibility with Isle of Armor. Not the specific file linked to the thread itself from the time SW/SH came out.

1052774331_ScreenShot2020-07-07at9_57_06PM.thumb.png.75e5ab0d047477ec7ed3ed72a16661cd.png485371322_ScreenShot2020-07-07at9_56_43PM.thumb.png.a83b422673ec966e4616923b81c80a6d.png

@Kas1302 I don’t use Winebottler so no clue what the hell its doing to cause this. I’m using Unofficial Wineskin with the CrossOver-19.0.1 based Engine

Why don’t you just use CrossOver as you already have it installed, you can easily create a launcher for PKHeX

3 hours ago, pkman99 said:

Why don’t you just use CrossOver as you already have it installed, you can easily create a launcher for PKHeX

I had to use crossover as you mentioned. Easily created a launcher for the app, auto legality mod included. Plus this method used minimum space on mi mac, not even 500 mb. However, I’m using the trial version for crossover. Is there a way to crack the software lol?

18 minutes ago, Kas1302 said:

I had to use crossover as you mentioned. Easily created a launcher for the app, auto legality mod included. Plus this method used minimum space on mi mac, not even 500 mb. However, I’m using the trial version for crossover. Is there a way to crack the software lol?

Yes. Google or youtube it and you gonna find out how.