Message added by jasenyoface

Version 19.09.19 Now Available!

Use https://3ds.hacks.guide/ it’s constantly updated just make sure you read through it fully afew times to ensure your following what’s required.

If you haven’t updated recently you could already be on an easily hack able firmware,  the latest method I see involves having a compatible DSi ware games that you then modify.

If your unsure the all firmware method does require a DS flash card some are sold pre-modified and supply magnets. 

Making the process rather simple. 

@rhakdnjdy I followed your advice and changed to command code to yours. My PKHeX app was in the download folder.

But still didn't work. Terminal response as below: 

xattr: [Errno 1] Operation not permitted: '/Users/leo/Downloads/PKHeX.app/Contents/Resources/dosdevices/z

May I ask for advice abt what I should do? Or perhaps @pkman99 if you can help me out of this...

Thanks for all the advice

I downloaded and got pkhex to work on my mac I was just wondering if anyone knows how to make a pk8 file to use with a sysbot? I have dragged the Pokemon out of pkhex into a folder but nothing happens

• 3 weeks later...

hi guys i just bought a mac 2019 which is obviously macOSCatalina,

I used to use it under Windows and macOSX but I am completely lost yet I followed all the Topics, so I am really open to a helper
My version is 10.15.3
I managed to remove the quarantine but when I open the app nothing happens

Edited by Jil

Not sure why people keep asking for a Catalina compatible version when I provided one...

it would just require the PKHeX.exe to be replaced with the most recent version, I don’t see the point in maintaining it

1 hour ago, pkman99 said:

Not sure why people keep asking for a Catalina compatible version when I provided one...

it would just require the PKHeX.exe to be replaced with the most recent version, I don’t see the point in maintaining it

The Crossover trick works on Catalina 10.15.4? Thanks 

1 minute ago, italoarcos said:

The Crossover trick works on Catalina 10.15.4? Thanks 

CrossOver-19 and above work on Catalina without workarounds needed.

Unofficial Wineskin & WineCX19.0.1-1 requests workarounds for Catalina 10.15.0 > 10.15.3 you must disabled SIP, for Catalina 10.15.4 and above SIP can remain enabled and pass a nvram boot-arg once

• Like 1

Hello I tried to install poke hex on Mac and I use Catalina I saw that the version is old and so I already knew it wouldn't work for me although I tried it and it didn't work and so I tried the other options first the wine bottler I did everything exactly like it was described in this thread how to make poke hex for Mac with wine bottler it didn't worked I uninstalled wine bottler  and now I have some programs in the launcher which I can't open and uninstall like Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Configuration or Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Wizzards so this didn't work too so I tried the terminal thing I again did it exactly like it was described and it didn't work too so I think I can never use pokehex

Here is a breakdown of what projects don't work on macOS Catalina;

(Not sure why I'm posting as nobody will read this anyway)

What doesn't work on macOS Catalina;

• WineBottler & its bundled copy of wine
  • Wineskin-2.6.2 (original project from doh123)
  • Winehq releases (Wine Stable/Devel/Staging)
  • brew cask wine-stable/devel/staging (these are Winehq releases)

What does work on macOS Catalina;

I have provided rough instructions on how to install PKHeX using CrossOver and also provided a prebuilt PKHeX.app built using "Unofficial Wineskin" using WineCX19.0.1, the provided app on the first post won't function on macOS Catalina

Other Alternatives?;

Use a VM software like Parallels Desktop/VMWare Fusion/Virtual Box then install Windows 10 into it and use PKHeX as you please, no you don't need to purchase Windows 10 you can leave it unactivated indefinitely it will just disable customization etc but Windows will function with the watermark.

Edited by pkman99
Added links
  • Like 1

I've got a semi-related question. I've got PKHeX working fine on my 2009 Macbook Pro running El Capitan. But I've got this software for restoring sav files to GBC/GBA cartridges that I'm trying to use in conjunction with. However,  I can't seem to get it to work. There is a config file and a .dll file that comes in the same folder so I thought selecting the "Copy program and all files in the folder to app bundle" option would work but no dice. Is there a winetrick I have to select like the one for PKHeX? I've attached the files in case anyone would like to have a go at this in helping me figure it out. Also attached is a video of what it looks like on a PC.

config.ini Flash Boy Cyclone-pixelonline.exe Flash_Boy_COMLib.dll

• 2 weeks later...

@qwaxyboy you should read, I’ve posted the status of this just 2 posts up on this very page.

PKHeX for Mac can be made to work on macOS Catalina, I run it on there myself but it’s up to @jasenyoface if they want to update the wrapper it not.

I could provide an updated version of PKHeX for macOS but really don’t see the point, I can’t edit the first post and nobody will follow the instructions anyway 

PKHEX WORKS ON CATALINA IF YOU USE CROSSOVER 19.0 and follow @pkman99 steps

I followed the steps and it worked perfectly. 

Here's a detailed breakdown (taken directly from his comment a few pages ago). There are 3 main parts.

First part:

1. Open Crossover, click install a windows application towards the bottom

2. On the first page Select An Application To Install, TYPE "PKHEX" and click "unlisted application" on the dropdown

3. On Select Installer select the .exe file NOT the zip, you have to unzip beforehand

4. On Select Bottle select "New Windows 7 Bottle" not 64 bit

5. Install

6. After that's done go to the folder where it's installed. If you don't know search "PKHEX" in Finder and click into the folder

7. There will be a "drive_c" blue folder, click into that and move move the PkHeX.exe file into the "drive_c" folder

Second part, you're installing a Microsoft .NET framework using crossover

1. Using Crossover again, click install a windows application (towards the bottom)

2. On the first page Select An Application To Install, TYPE "Microsoft .NET" and scroll down until you see 4.7, which is the most recent one

3. On Select Bottle select "PKHEX" or whatever you named your file on the First part, step 2

4. Click through the prompts as will take a while, it will install everything from 1.0 - 4.7 since you don't have any of those programs. Do not restart until you've installed 4.7

5. Restart Mac after everything is done

Third part:

1. After you restarted open Crossover

2. On the first page there should be a "Run Command" button, click it

3. Where it says Command click Browse, this should you directly to the "open_c" folder from earlier, where you have your PkHeX.exe file.

4. Select the PkHeX.exe file, and hit RUN

5. If you select save as launcher then it'll create a shortcut on the crossover app

That's it, should work from there. 

Edit: updated steps

Screen Shot 2020-06-15 at 5.46.30 PM.png

Edited by stackx

@stackx the “reboot your Mac” step is unneeded the message is coming from wine, at the end of the .Net installation you will notice a little windows saying “rebooting” showing the CrossOver spinning logo that’s all that’s really needed.

Hey everyone, 

I was able to install PkHex onto my Mac successfully and it loads perfectly. However, it's not letting me change any values. When I click on the Level, Exp, IV, and EV boxes the cursor's there but when I type anything, it doesn't register into the total and I can't even backspace to delete the values. Does anyone know of a solution to this? Thanks

P.S. Yup all sysbots are currently down until PkHex is updated but I was just trying it out and found that this was a problem

It's showing a "Return 255" error. Any ideas? 

EDIT:

Nevermind, I got it working. Apparently what I did wrong was that I forgot to install the .NET Microsoft files after installing PkHEX. So for Mac users that have the existing update, just download the latest pkHEX update and install it normally like you would following the steps outlined above and it should work perfectly. 

Thank you Kaphotics for the update :)

Edited by Arrictine95

4 minutes ago, pkman99 said:

@italoarcos I’m not too sure in this one I’ve never heard of that until you mentioned it, I’d think it could work as long as the needed version of .Net was installed.

It's a plugin with dll and pdb files. On Windows you have to download the files and put them in the plugin folder

@italoarcos yeah is found it’s GitHub repository, I think it should work but won’t be possible to test myself for a little while my MacBook is currently building Wine-Staging-5.11 & Wine-Devel-5.11

After those are done I can test it out, I gotten the latest version of Wineskin to test out on Catalina anyway

1 minute ago, pkman99 said:

@italoarcos yeah is found it’s GitHub repository, I think it should work but won’t be possible to test myself for a little while my MacBook is currently building Wine-Staging-5.11 & Wine-Devel-5.11

After those are done I can test it out, I gotten the latest version of Wineskin to test out on Catalina anyway

Thanks! Keep us posted!