Message added by jasenyoface

Version 19.09.19 Now Available!

Just now, pkman99 said:

Not sure what four doing wrong exactly as if you extracted the save correctly it will work

The app works, but the files are too big. I use desmume, I save file as, try to open it in pkhex, and it tells me it is too big. Also does it work on pokemon platinum?

2 minutes ago, bla32123 said:

The app works, but the files are too big. I use desmume, I save file as, try to open it in pkhex, and it tells me it is too big. Also does it work on pokemon platinum?

You need will need to lookup how to do that part as I don’t use deamume to play Pokémon games I play them on the physical hardware and extract decrypted saves 

3 hours ago, Philbo said:

Is there a MAC 2020 update?

I’d posted an update one page back, here is the post 

Follow along from that post for additional instructions if needed

Edited by pkman99

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2020 at 8:11 PM, pkman99 said:

The additional step is boot into recovery mode, launch terminal then enter the following command;

nvram boot-args=“no32exec=0”

Now reboot and login as usual, you’ve now allowed 32Bit code execution and also allowed making changes to LDT allowing the custom wine32on64 to run without having SIP disabled on your system.

I followed this step to the letter. How exactly should I go about getting and using that custom wine32on64? Do I NEED to pay for CrossOver for this to work? I apologize if this is a stupid question, I am not the most computer-literate of individuals.

The CrossOver trick no longer works for me.

On 4/6/2020 at 7:45 AM, pkman99 said:

@bla32123

Only just uploaded that today I’m still busy even with everything locked down due to my job....

I uploaded an updated PKHeX.app select the newer one.

Unpack and run the first time using the Open command from secondary clicking, if the applicaions shows as corrupted you would need to run a command via terminal

sudo xattr -d -rs com.apple.quarantine “drop wrapper here”

Then press Enter and enter your admin password so the quarantine mark is removed from the PKHeX application.

Now the application should run without issue on 10.8>10.14, Catalina requires ruining 10.15.4 and setting a boot argument to get it working.

Your pkhex application is damaged file.. I'm in 10.15.4 and how to solve it?

I'm actually confused about, is it right to just start pkhex with only your application, or something additional? (wrapper is wineskin exe..?)

and is it boot argument for Catalina?

Screen Shot 2020-04-18 at 15.30.06.png

Edited by rhakdnjdy

On 4/18/2020 at 2:36 AM, rhakdnjdy said:

Your pkhex application is damaged file.. I'm in 10.15.4 and how to solve it?

I'm actually confused about, is it right to just start pkhex with only your application, or something additional? (wrapper is wineskin exe..?)

and is it boot argument for Catalina?

Screen Shot 2020-04-18 at 15.30.06.png

The wrapper shows as damaged as it’s not code-signed you need to use the quote command;

sudo xattr -d -rs com.apple.quarantine “PKHeX.app”

Then launch from secondary clicking from the menu select “Open” then click “open” on the dialog box.

As for;

You need to run that command using Terminal from “Recovery Mode”

If you don’t run that command wine32on64 will fail to function.

I'm not really good with this kind of stuff, but been trying to follow the instructions. Still failed. Seeking for guidance.
So I'm on Catalina 10.15.4

First, I downloaded the new PKHeX.app
Then I entered the codes on recovery mode

On 4/6/2020 at 8:11 AM, pkman99 said:

The additional step is boot into recovery mode, launch terminal then enter the following command;

Now reboot and login as usual, you’ve now allowed 32Bit code execution and also allowed making changes to LDT allowing the custom wine32on64 to run without having SIP disabled on your system.

But I still can't open the PKHeX app. Just nothing happens. Would really appreciate some guidance

Is there any step I missed? Also, when entering the codes in terminal, there is no response from the terminal. Is that normal?

PS I've got only 15GB left in my MBP before launching PKHeX? Could that be the reason I can't launch the app?

Edited by spursoxox1654
more information

@pkman99 thx for noticing my reply. Yeah I did download the app you provided in this reply, the newer one.

On 4/6/2020 at 6:45 AM, pkman99 said:

@bla32123

Only just uploaded that today I’m still busy even with everything locked down due to my job....

I uploaded an updated PKHeX.app select the newer one.

Unpack and run the first time using the Open command from secondary clicking, if the applicaions shows as corrupted you would need to run a command via terminal

sudo xattr -d -rs com.apple.quarantine “drop wrapper here”

d enter your admin password so the quarantine mark is removed from the PKHeX application.

Now the application should run without issue on 10.8>10.14, Catalina requires ruining 10.15.4 and setting a boot argument to get it working.

But the PKHex app just won't launch. Really hope I can successfully open it.

@pkman99

Thanks. I've installed it. But when I opened file of pokemon(citra) to access, those files are hidden file or system file (".local"), so I can't open it&edit.

Do you experienced similar cases or have some advices?

Edited by rhakdnjdy

On 4/21/2020 at 7:16 PM, spursoxox1654 said:

I'm not really good with this kind of stuff, but been trying to follow the instructions. Still failed. Seeking for guidance.
So I'm on Catalina 10.15.4

First, I downloaded the new PKHeX.app
Then I entered the codes on recovery mode

But I still can't open the PKHeX app. Just nothing happens. Would really appreciate some guidance

Is there any step I missed? Also, when entering the codes in terminal, there is no response from the terminal. Is that normal?

PS I've got only 15GB left in my MBP before launching PKHeX? Could that be the reason I can't launch the app?

In my experience, I first booted with recovery mode and typed:

and, downloaded zip file from @pkman99. Next, open zip file, moved to Applications folder, and typed command in terminal (it's quite different from original post):

sudo xattr -rd com.apple.quarantine /Applications/PKHeX.app

Finally, I opened it with secondary clicking and click "open" of PKHeX application in Applications folder.

@rhakdnjdy never place a Wine wrapper into /Applications

After a macOS security update it will check permissions then fix them causing the wrapper to no longer be owned by your user.

Placing the wrapper into ~/Applications will avoid the issue.

For citra I don’t use it but as with other emulators you will need the save to be decrypted, it should have some option to export the save in this manner.

On macOS Sierra and above you can use the following key combination;

CMD + Shift + .

For older versions another command needs to be ran via terminal, I’m on my phone so not dealing with that one.

I read through this entire thread multiple times and I am soooooo lost. I originally tried the Winebottler method, but every single time I went to select a file, Winebottler would crash. I was running Winebottler with the Wine application it is coupled with on the site.

I then tried the method using the terminal, and added all the codes successfully, or so it seemed. My problem was wine. I ran wine stable 5 and it was not allowing me to open any files. I tried all day.

pkman99, i downloaded your .txz file, then tried to open it only for an "archive" to be extracted and copied again in both the downloads and the applications folder, as seen below.

I have no idea if I am supposed to run a Wine at this point or what. I downloaded both CrossOver and Wineskin but don't know what the hell to do with either. I just want PKHex working on my macbook. Please help.

What I have on my computer:
@pkman99 's .txz file from 4/5/20.
Crossover 19.0.1 app with nothing done on it
Wineskin 1.7 app with nothing done on it

Winebottler and the Wine that came with it are also still in my applications, but because it crashes every time I hit either select file or install under the advanced tab, it is useless right now.

I'm running High Sierra 10.13.16 

Screen Shot 2020-04-23 at 1.36.18 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-23 at 1.36.40 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-23 at 1.42.15 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-23 at 1.42.25 AM.png

@snuffaluffagus nobody ever said copy the archive into /Applications

You just extract the archive in your Downloads folder FIRST, then you will have a PKHeX.app now open terminal and enter the following command

sudo xattr -rd com.apple.quarantine ~/Downloads/PKHeX.app

After this you can move the app to your desktop, DO NOT PLACE INTO /Applications OR IT WILL BREAK!

It can be placed into ~/Applications, that being your Users personal Applications folder where it’s safe from macOS screwing its its permissions.

Okay, just to be sure I downloaded your file from scratch. I got my first image in the downloads folder. 

Then I double clicked it, just like I would unzip any file. Seems like I am now extracting an archive as seen in the second image.

I then typed that command exactly, and then terminal says no such app exists. And I mean it's right, there is technically no PKHeX.app anywhere in downloads. I attached that last image to show that the new .txz.cpgz file is about the size of your file on MEGA. 

I tried changing the .txz.cpgz to .app but then it says it is not supported on this type of mac.

I have since deleted the newly changed .app and re-double clicked the original .txz file I downloaded from MEGA. So now back to square one.

Screen Shot 2020-04-23 at 10.04.16 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-23 at 10.05.10 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-23 at 10.07.42 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-23 at 10.08.01 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-23 at 10.19.35 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-23 at 10.23.42 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-23 at 10.23.53 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-23 at 10.24.14 AM.png

Edited by snuffaluffagus

Looking at your own screen captures you will see “Archive Utility” Says “Archiving” it’s compressing the file again instead of extracting.

Use another application to extract, the most common recommendation is keka.

Once you actually see the extracted PKHeX application bundle then run the provided command

Copy the save file from your SDCard and place it onto your desktop.

Next drag and drop the save onto the open PKHeX application and it will open the save.

When your finished save and as main then replace the original file again on you SDCard.

Oh man. I haven't done that at all, my 3ds isn't hacked whatsoever. I copied the entirety of my SD card into a new folder on my desktop, and that's it. I feel like there's gotta be a good guide to show me how it's done, all the guides and videos I've looked at have different methods and steps. And I have about three boxes of pokemon I want to edit. I have a lot to do

Edited by snuffaluffagus