Message added by jasenyoface

Version 19.09.19 Now Available!

On 3/5/2020 at 4:05 PM, pkman99 said:

@Shadraak you must be doing something wrong as you can see others have it working including macOS Catalina users who followed roughly my outline.

i'm not on catalina i'm on mojave still and that's where i was having issues with all the errors  almost like something in wine wasn't updated correctly or something

7 hours ago, Shadraak said:

i'm not on catalina i'm on mojave still and that's where i was having issues with all the errors  almost like something in wine wasn't updated correctly or something

Not sure what your doing exactly as you haven't explain what steps your used to attempt to get PKHeX running.

I have PKHeX running on 10.8 > 10.15*

19 minutes ago, pkman99 said:

Not sure what your doing exactly as you haven't explain what steps your used to attempt to get PKHeX running.

I have PKHeX running on 10.8 > 10.15*

I installed it just is the guide had it before using wine for the .exe version and the second I load it there’s errors and I can’t see any of the boxes every time I hover my mouse over it it gives me errors. I tried the for Mac version. And it loaded once didn’t give me that first error but still couldn’t cover my mouse over any of the boxes or edit anything without errors. Now the .app doesn’t even load anymore. 

3 minutes ago, Shadraak said:

I installed it just is the guide had it before using wine for the .exe version and the second I load it there’s errors and I can’t see any of the boxes every time I hover my mouse over it it gives me errors. I tried the for Mac version. And it loaded once didn’t give me that first error but still couldn’t cover my mouse over any of the boxes or edit anything without errors. Now the .app doesn’t even load anymore. 

Did you use actual wine from winehq, if so what version. Or was it Winebottler as there is a difference.

Edited by pkman99

4 minutes ago, pkman99 said:

Did you use actual wine from winehq, if so what version. Or was it Winebottler as there is a difference.

Version from their website I followed the guide. And installed all the components it said to do.  Since I was on 10.14. Rather than Catalina figures it would be easier.   Didn’t know if Catalina steps would work on Mojave. Also the pkhex.app just doesn’t want to open anymore. Almost like it’s the allow anyway in security is still being tripped.  

38 minutes ago, Shadraak said:

Version from their website I followed the guide. And installed all the components it said to do.  Since I was on 10.14. Rather than Catalina figures it would be easier.   Didn’t know if Catalina steps would work on Mojave. Also the pkhex.app just doesn’t want to open anymore. Almost like it’s the allow anyway in security is still being tripped.  

In other words your using Winebottler or its version of wine.

As for the PKHeX.app secondary click then select “open” when prompted give it permission to run

On 2/17/2020 at 9:47 AM, pkman99 said:

Not near my Mac so I’ll explain via memory.

Make a new bottle name it PKHeX, select Windows 7 (not 64Bit), select bottle and install software “Microsoft .Net” select the highest version that show up in the search field. Select the bottle you made earlier click the prompts as required.

After that’s completed using the secondary menu over the bottles name select “Open Drive C”, that will open a finder window within the selected bottle.

Copy over the extracted PKHeX.exe within a folder, once that’s don’t close the finder window, now on the CrossOver window select the bottle again and you need to select “run custom command” (I think th says it’s name), click the browse button on the new window and select the PKHeX.exe, you should see an option to save this launcher.

after that you will get a new PKHeX icon within CrossOver that will launch PKHeX

I am sure you get pinged alot, but I got it to work on Catalina with your tutorial. Kudos for writing it solely on memory! I appreciate it! Thank you so much! I constantly switched between Windows and Mac partition because of this, and now I don't have to!

I have been trying to hack and boot my switch into recovery mode on my MacBook for 6days straight now. But I cannot seem to find any of the right applications anywhere. Every time I download one that someone says works for them it doesn't work on my MacBook. All files download into exe format and then say they are unsupported on this MacOS system. I have ordered software to create a partition and have windows software as well but the email has not come in yet . I am at the point of tearing my hair out. Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you :)

On 3/25/2020 at 2:40 AM, Hayzwazie said:

I have been trying to hack and boot my switch into recovery mode on my MacBook for 6days straight now. But I cannot seem to find any of the right applications anywhere. Every time I download one that someone says works for them it doesn't work on my MacBook. All files download into exe format and then say they are unsupported on this MacOS system. I have ordered software to create a partition and have windows software as well but the email has not come in yet . I am at the point of tearing my hair out. Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you :)

There are utilities for macOS but most work via terminal, and require dependencies to be installed using brew

Why Order software to partition your drive, "Boot Camp" does that for you and is included with macOS

"Disk Utility" is included in macOS it's a disk management utility that allows resizing/cloning partitions, the only recommended paid utility for disk management for macOS would be "Carbon Copy Cloner"

• 2 weeks later...

I have followed instructions, but when I get to wine bottler, the file can't be selected. Is there a stage, I am missing? I have a macbook pro, in case there are software differences or something. I download pkhex, both files, and then I extract it. Once extracted, it can't be opened, and winebottler won't accept the file. After trying a few times, I ran into another problem. Whenever I click on the downloaded file, it won't respond, and I have to force quit it, because it won't respond.

Any suggestions are accepted.

I had pokegen, but it stopped working after a few days, and no amount of uninstalling, resetting the pc or anything seems to make it work, as it freezes whenever I try to save the state file. I use Desmume if that means anything, and the game I want to play is heart gold and platinum. 

I really love playing pokemon, but hate having to use pokemons I don't love. I like choosing my own pokemon, and I want to playthrough with the pokemon I've always wanted to, but never could, like Milotic, or pokemons you have to trade to evolve.

Thanks for the help, it means a lot. 

14 minutes ago, pkman99 said:

@bla32123

And what version of macOS are you running exactly?

Your actually not giving any real information for anyone to help you

The most recent one? I don’t know a whole lot about computers, and am not sure what you’re asking. Just let me know what you need to know to help me, and I’ll answer what I can. 

Just now, bla32123 said:

The most recent one? I don’t know a whole lot about computers, and am not sure what you’re asking. Just let me know what you need to know to help me, and I’ll answer what I can. 

Ok to quickly find out the exact version your running click the “Apple” logo the top left of your screen, then select “About This Mac” 

That will Open a new window and will give the macOS version name and just under it the exact version including patch.

For example;

macOS Mojave

Version 10.14.6

If your running ;

macOS Catalina

Version 10.15.4 

Then it’s possible to still run PKHeX but it will take a couple of extra steps I’ll provide if needed, I’ll lightly just provide an updated PKHeX.app considering this doesn’t seem to be getting updated anymore and I have a working universal version I can upload once I’m home.

1 minute ago, pkman99 said:

Ok to quickly find out the exact version your running click the “Apple” logo the top left of your screen, then select “About This Mac” 

That will Open a new window and will give the macOS version name and just under it the exact version including patch.

For example;

macOS Mojave

Version 10.14.6

If your running ;

macOS Catalina

Version 10.15.4 

Then it’s possible to still run PKHeX but it will take a couple of extra steps I’ll provide if needed, I’ll lightly just provide an updated PKHeX.app considering this doesn’t seem to be getting updated anymore and I have a working universal version I can upload once I’m home.

I’m on macOS Mojave 10.14.6. Anything else you need to know?

23 hours ago, pkman99 said:

For example;

macOS Mojave

Version 10.14.6

If your running ;

macOS Catalina

Version 10.15.4 

Have you uploaded it yet? I really want to play it, but I don't like the selection you can get early on, and I would love to be able to play with the pokemon I like most.

@bla32123

Only just uploaded that today I’m still busy even with everything locked down due to my job....

I uploaded an updated PKHeX.app select the newer one.

After downloading open terminal and run the following command on the still compressed download

xattr -d -rs com.apple.quarantine “drop wrapper here”

Then press Enter, now unpack the download and love into ~/Applications

Now the application should run without issue on 10.9>10.14

macOS Catalina

Requires 10.15.4 to function, PKHeX will request permissions to access most directories allow these.

If your running a lower patch version disable SIP or install the latest updates.

macOS Big Sur (Intel systems only)

PKHeX will request permissions to access most directories allow these.

To update PKHeX version you can download the normal PKHeX package for windows and replace the PKHeX.exe within the wrapper, use the above terminal a command on the downloaded PKHeX.exe before unpacking and repacking so gatekeeper won’t give you issues

Edited by pkman99
Corrected Link

Just now, pkman99 said:

@bla32123

Only just uploaded that today I’m still busy even with everything locked down due to my job....

I uploaded an updated PKHeX.app select the newer one.

Unpack and run the first time using the Open command from secondary clicking, if the applicaions shows as corrupted you would need to run a command via terminal

sudo xattr -d -rs com.apple.quarantine “drop wrapper here”

Then press Enter and enter your admin password so the quarantine mark is removed from the PKHeX application.

Now the application should run without issue on 10.8>10.14, Catalina requires ruining 10.15.4 and setting a boot argument to get it working.

The link just sends me to this page. I am confused. Not much of a computer geek... 

Just now, pkman99 said:

Yeah seems my phone didn't copy the correct link, its corrected now

I learned how to run terminal, but when I put it in, I am told there is no wrapper. I understand it says to "drop wrapper here", but what and how am I meant to drop there

Edited by bla32123

On 4/4/2020 at 5:48 PM, pkman99 said:

If your running ;

macOS Catalina

Version 10.15.4 

Hi. Can you provide the extra steps? Is it the Crossover thing? Thanks.

@bla32123

Type the command into Terminal then add a space then drag and drop the wrapper into Terminal this will enter the path & wrappers name into Terminal

Now press Enter, that will remove the quarantine flag.

Now click the wrapper once hold “Control” then click the wrapper again and a menu appear, now click the first open “Open” the wrapper should now launch

Just now, pkman99 said:

@bla32123

Type the command into Terminal then add a space then drag and drop the wrapper into Terminal this will enter the path & wrappers name into Terminal

Now click the wrapper once hold “Control” then click the wrapper again and a menu appear, now click the first open “Open” the wrapper should now launch

I tried that, and it tells me the file doesn't exist

Just now, pkman99 said:

@bla32123

I did it. Thank you so much man, life saver I swear

3 minutes ago, italoarcos said:

Hi. Can you provide the extra steps? Is it the Crossover thing? Thanks.

The additional step is boot into recovery mode, launch terminal then enter the following command;

nvram boot-args=“no32exec=0”

Now reboot and login as usual, you’ve now allowed 32Bit code execution and also allowed making changes to LDT allowing the custom wine32on64 to run without having SIP disabled on your system.

15 minutes ago, pkman99 said:

@bla32123

I've run into another problem. It will not let me open my saves, as the file is too large. How to I get around that?

5 minutes ago, bla32123 said:

I've run into another problem. It will not let me open my saves, as the file is too large. How to I get around that?

Not sure what four doing wrong exactly as if you extracted the save correctly it will work