Message added by jasenyoface

Version 19.09.19 Now Available!

11 hours ago, Veer1001 said:

Does the app work on macOS Catalina? Its not opening at all for me.

No it doesn’t work on macOS Catalina.

- Wineskin-2.6.2 by doh123 is a 32Bit application.

- wine is a 32Bit application

ive posted this 5 times on the previous page meaning you didn’t even check before asking.

if you need PKHeX badly you can l do one of the following;

- Purchase CrossOver19

- Use Virtual Machine software to run Windows

- Use bootcamp

- Downgrade back to macOS Mojave.

Or wait for Unofficial Wineskin to publish WineCX19.0.0 along with the required wrapper update that adds basic macOS Catalina support 

Unofficial Wineskin macOS Catalina issue

50 minutes ago, Subhaan2703 said:

Downloaded the latest version but it seems to only download the LG version of PkHex- is the link broken or is it just something i'm doing wrong?

You need to give more information.

if you’re running macOS Catalina it won’t work period.

if your running EL Capitan > Mojave might need to allow unsigned apps, extract the app bundle move to ~/Applications/ (your users Applications Folder) And click while holding Option or second click and select “Open” from the menu and giving it permissions to launch

1 minute ago, pkman99 said:

You need to give more information.

if you’re running macOS Catalina it won’t work period.

if your running EL Capitan > Mojave might need to allow unsigned apps, extract the app bundle move to ~/Applications/ (your users Applications Folder) And click while holding Option or second click and select “Open” from the menu and giving it permissions to launch

I'm running Mojave 10.14.6.

Tried downloading both versions available on the page and each time i just get the LG version of it (deleted before trying different versions as well). Permissions are all fine, cause i get the app to open- it just seems to be the older version of the app. Even when using the link for the newer version (have tried 11.15 AND 09.19 both).

5 minutes ago, Subhaan2703 said:

I'm running Mojave 10.14.6.

Tried downloading both versions available on the page and each time i just get the LG version of it (deleted before trying different versions as well). Permissions are all fine, cause i get the app to open- it just seems to be the older version of the app. Even when using the link for the newer version (have tried 11.15 AND 09.19 both).

It’s possible the PKHeX.app wasn’t actually updated, you replace the PKHeX.app within the wrapper with the latest version.

Inside the wrapper you will find a drive_c symlink use that and enter “Program Files/PKHeX/ now remove the files and place the newer PKHeX.exe and launch the wrapper again

17 minutes ago, pkman99 said:

It’s possible the PKHeX.app wasn’t actually updated, you replace the PKHeX.app within the wrapper with the latest version.

Inside the wrapper you will find a drive_c symlink use that and enter “Program Files/PKHeX/ now remove the files and place the newer PKHeX.exe and launch the wrapper again

Which is the newer PKHeX.exe- as in where do i find it so i can put it into the new folder? 

4 minutes ago, Subhaan2703 said:

Which is the newer PKHeX.exe- as in where do i find it so i can put it into the new folder? 

Download that and extract it for the PKHeX.exe file, then on the “PKHeX” for mac you use the second click menu and select “show contents” you should see a folder named “contents” then follow my instructions above.

2 minutes ago, pkman99 said:

Download that and extract it for the PKHeX.exe file, then on the “PKHeX” for mac you use the second click menu and select “show contents” you should see a folder named “contents” then follow my instructions above.

Cheers, figured it out just after I sent the message- all boots up now. All seems to be working fine. Thanks for your help.

9 hours ago, Chunkey841 said:

Can this be run on a iPad Pro?

“PKHeX for mac” is using Wineskin (a wine wrapper utility) to accomplish running the PKHeX win32 executable.

To run on macOS Catalina it requires using wine32on64. (32Bit code execution within a 64Bit thread using 64Bit system libraries and calls etc with help from Apple)

As iOS devices use custom ARM64 chips it would require hangover to be fully functional (it isn’t viable on Android arm64 devices yet) then be compiled to run on iOS (not sure if that’s even possible.....) then it would need to be signed/notarized and provide a provisioning license to even install onto your iOS device.

And that’s only covering the basics I’m skipping the majority of information to keep it short.

• 2 weeks later...

@jasenyoface well it's now "possible" to for PKHeX to run on 10.8 to 10.15 via Unofficial Wineskin it does require SIP to be disabled on macOS Catalina however according to the README update that was posted. WS11WineCX19.0.1 is avaliable for download but WS11WineCX64Bit19.0.1 doesn't download currently via Winery bit does via GitHub seems it's a git lfs related thing so I'm hoping once ether Vitor or Gcenx is awake one of them can resolve this little issue.
Both WS11WineCX19.0.1 & WS11WineCX64Bit19.0.1 Engines are both available for download. 

If SIP is enabled and someone launches wine32on64 via terminal they will get the following message.

wine: failed to initialize: failed to set the LDT entry for 32-bit code segment

The issue on GitHub explains the reason for this is Apple require applications to be signed & notarize to change the needed to set LDT, not sure how that will be resolved exactly but as I don't run with SIP enabled anyway its something to consider.

Edited by pkman99

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks a lot man! However this keeps not open on the Catalina. Would you kindly make a version for this goddamn 64 bit system later if wine is possible? And if I download this version on an earlier Macintosh like Yosemite, do I just open the .app downloaded here to make it work or I also need to install wine? Thanks mate!

Hello,

I'm new to PKHex and wanted to try it out.

I'm using a mac OS X El Capitan and downloaded Wine/Winebottler and the PKHex file from here... i did every step in the guide... after i run PKHex this Error message comes. Can someone help me please? 

EDIT: It opened after some seconds... thanks

Screen Shot 2020-02-14 at 19.26.23.png

Edited by baumaffe

ive been trying several methods to get PKHeX working on my mac (El Capitan 10.11.6) and nothing is working. I tried the PKHeX for mac app but nothing happens when I click on it (no wine running, allowed all applications) I tried using winebottler and followed the guide but got a fatal error instead, and I tried the terminal guide as well and nothing happens when I try to run PKHex through terminal. I'm at a loss at what to try next and would appreciate a n y assistance. pls & ty

here's the error log for the fatal error btw:

Spoiler

System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'PKHeX.WinForms.Main' threw an exception. ---> System.MissingFieldException: Field not found: 'PKHeX.Core.GameInfo.GenderSymbolUnicode'.
   at PKHeX.WinForms.Main..cctor()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at PKHeX.WinForms.Main.set_HaX(Boolean value)
   at PKHeX.WinForms.Main.FormLoadInitialSettings(String[] args, Boolean& showChangelog, Boolean& BAKprompt)
   at PKHeX.WinForms.Main..ctor()
   at PKHeX.WinForms.Program.Main()
System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ExtensionAttribute' from assembly 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.
   at System.ModuleHandle.ResolveMethod(RuntimeModule module, Int32 methodToken, IntPtr* typeInstArgs, Int32 typeInstCount, IntPtr* methodInstArgs, Int32 methodInstCount)
   at System.ModuleHandle.ResolveMethodHandleInternalCore(RuntimeModule module, Int32 methodToken, IntPtr[] typeInstantiationContext, Int32 typeInstCount, IntPtr[] methodInstantiationContext, Int32 methodInstCount)
   at System.ModuleHandle.ResolveMethodHandleInternal(RuntimeModule module, Int32 methodToken, RuntimeTypeHandle[] typeInstantiationContext, RuntimeTypeHandle[] methodInstantiationContext)
   at System.Reflection.CustomAttributeData..ctor(RuntimeModule scope, CustomAttributeRecord caRecord)
   at System.Reflection.CustomAttributeData.GetCustomAttributes(RuntimeModule module, Int32 tkTarget)
   at System.Reflection.CustomAttributeData.GetCustomAttributesInternal(RuntimeAssembly target)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetCustomAttributesData()
   at System.Reflection.CustomAttributeData.GetCustomAttributes(Assembly target)
   at System.Resources.ManifestBasedResourceGroveler.GetNeutralResourcesLanguage(Assembly a, UltimateResourceFallbackLocation& fallbackLocation)
   at System.Resources.ResourceManager.CommonSatelliteAssemblyInit()
   at System.Resources.ResourceManager..ctor(String baseName, Assembly assembly)
   at PKHeX.WinForms.Properties.Resources.get_ResourceManager()
   at PKHeX.WinForms.Properties.Resources.get_Icon()
   at PKHeX.WinForms.ErrorWindow.InitializeComponent()
   at PKHeX.WinForms.ErrorWindow..ctor(String lang)
   at PKHeX.WinForms.ErrorWindow.ShowErrorDialog(String friendlyMessage, Exception ex, Boolean allowContinue)
   at PKHeX.WinForms.Program.CurrentDomain_UnhandledException(Object sender, UnhandledExceptionEventArgs e)

Edited by Cannoli

@Cannoli No clue what your doing wrong as it does work on other peoples systems including my own (before I updated it)

Winebottler, who knows whats wrong I hear it works but as it only provides a single wine version I avoid it plus doesn't offer winetricks but its own implementation that's outdated.

@baumaffe The current uploaded version of "PKHeX for mac" won't function on Catalina but it could if it used "Unofficial Wineskin" along with WS11WineCX19.0.1 it currently needs SIP to be disabled (wine32on64 needs to make changes to LDT and that's blocked for unsigned code meaning SIP needs to be off or donate to the developer so they can Sign the Engine)

Here is a screenshot of me running PKHeX using "Unofficial Wineskin" on macOS Catalina, already updated the app to the latest version but didn't bother swapping out the EXE's embedded icon

1069860634_ScreenShot2020-02-16at3_38_47PM.thumb.png.3017a68bea52d560843184e74801cb02.png

• Like 1

@pkman99 yeah i'm at a total loss too lmao. I deleted and redownloaded all the PKHeX files once again and tried the terminal method again. Got another non-ui fatal error. I have all the winetricks installed on the 64 and 32 directories and neither are working. been scouring the forums for any leads all day. really frustrating 

Screen Shot 2020-02-16 at 14.45.57.png