Message added by jasenyoface

Version 19.09.19 Now Available!

On 7/18/2019 at 6:36 AM, Cake12345 said:

The pkhex cannot add new pokemon in my game. 

I use sdf to export saved game file to PC. The file is named main. Load this file I simply copy a pokemon and add it in my party box. Everything works well till then. I set this pokemon and export file as main. Put it back to my 3ds save data. Open the game, it just doesn't change anything! I don't see the new pokemon. But it does exist in the pkhex interface. What to do?

ps. I also cannot change the level, IV or EV value. How to change them?

Screen Shot 2019-07-18 at 4.16.42 PM.png

SDF is strange and also part of the official Devkit don’t use it instead get yourself JK’s SaveManager

As for the other issues no clue everyone worked for me last time I use PKHeX

16 hours ago, Winill said:

Can you Get PKHaX

PKHaX is already built in hold Alt/Option when launching and PKHeX will launch into PKHaX mode

On 7/18/2019 at 6:36 AM, Cake12345 said:

The pkhex cannot add new pokemon in my game. 

I use sdf to export saved game file to PC. The file is named main. Load this file I simply copy a pokemon and add it in my party box. Everything works well till then. I set this pokemon and export file as main. Put it back to my 3ds save data. Open the game, it just doesn't change anything! I don't see the new pokemon. But it does exist in the pkhex interface. What to do?

ps. I also cannot change the level, IV or EV value. How to change them?

Screen Shot 2019-07-18 at 4.16.42 PM.png

SDF is strange and also part of the official Devkit don’t use it instead get yourself JK’s SaveManager

As for the other issues no clue everyone worked for me last time I use PKHeX

16 hours ago, Winill said:

Can you Get PKHaX

PKHaX is already built in hold Alt/Option when launching and PKHeX will launch into PKHaX mode

As @jasenyoface seems busy, here is an updated PKHeX.app version 19.07.05.

• PKHeX.exe had the original icon replace with the custom icon (same as the PKHeX.app from @jasenyoface)
  • Wineskin was changed over to the newer project Unofficial Wineskin 
  • Engine was changed to using Wine-4.0.1 as that has better support for dotnet.
  • Still has support for PKHaX launch from the same .app
  • XZ compression used instead of 7z to allow extraction without third party tools.
  • Support for OSX 10.8 to macOS 10.14

I am using an older version of pkhex where I type "wine PKHeX.exe" into the terminal (Mac) within that version's directory.

I downloaded the new version but this only has "PKHeX.app" - where is the .exe file? How do I get the new version running from the terminal?

Edited by Velocity

3 hours ago, Velocity said:

I am using an older version of pkhex where I type "wine PKHeX.exe" into the terminal (Mac) within that version's directory.

I downloaded the new version but this only has "PKHeX.app" - where is the .exe file? How do I get the new version running from the terminal?

PKHeX.app is a Wineskin wrapper just launch it like a normal application and PKHeX will launch.

if your only wanting the new PKHeX.exe grab that from the normal section (not the mono version as it won’t work!) then do the usual “wine PKHeX.exe”

Edited by pkman99

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

For PKHeX for Mac (I’m using the wine skin wrapper) to update it to the the latest version do I delete the exe in the PKHeX folder and replace it with the updated .exe?

Edited by iTNZPlusPlus

16 minutes ago, Photolinkeeper said:

Does any now know how to run it on Catalina? until Mojave, I can use Pkhex without problems, any solution for this? 

thanks 🙂

Their is no getting it working on macOS Catalina since it removed all 32Bit support from the OS.

Your options are downgrading to macOS Mojave or using an updated Virtual Machine software and running Windows to run PKHEX

Edited by pkman99
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, wellinquinn said:

This isnt working with the latest MacOS.. can we get an update for that?

macOS Catalina has no 32Bit support, meaning no wine, meaning no Wineskin-2.6.2. (Catalina also needs apps to be notarized)

If you really need PKHeX use a VM or downgrade to Mojave.

Edited by pkman99
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@jasenyoface thinking about this, PKHeX if compiled as 64Bit and only using 64Bit API’s could be make to function on macOS Catalina already since wine64 can function on it already.

If that’s not possible or undesirable for any reason, then I’d expect to see a macOS Catalina compatible Unofficial Wineskin Engine about a month after CrossOver19 source code gets uploaded.

The developer has already indicated they don’t plan on publishing a WineCX release based on CrossOver19 right away out of respect for CodeWeavers.

@Up064830 & @kricketot not sure what to tell you since it’s been confirmed to work on macOS Mojave by other users including myself. But I’ve moved over to using Unofficial Wineskin since I prefer having current wine releases not stuck at Wine-2.22 and Wine-Staging-2.21 when the current release is Wine-4.19 and Wine-Staging-4.19

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The New Update won't load. It just says "The application “PKHeX” can’t be opened."

The 19.11.15 works fine for me but that doesn't have any pokemon in it. Whats wrong with the new link? Is anyone else having trouble? Someone please assist me

*Figured it out Wine Bottler. It worked the third time of me restarting the computer. The Newly downloaded app just opened even though it says could not be started after I hit Yes. Thanks for your help in the community!

Screen Shot 2019-11-30 at 11.57.57 PM.png

Edited by umleydie

The PKHeX.app isn’t using Winebottler but Wineskin-2.6.2 with an older wine version (Engine) 

The rundll32.exe issue your experienced is due to using a much older wine version as that issue was already fixed upstream in wine.

I haven’t messed with PKHeX too much on Sword and Shield but the current version seems decent overall only a few legality issues I’ve noticed.

But I have modified some Pokémon for friends that I traded back to them using my Switch Light (editors on the CFW Switch then traded back to the Switch Light) 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@jasenyoface just an fyi, Unofficial Wineskin is getting updated to support wine32on64.

WineCX19.0.0 (based on the source of CrossOver19’s wine) is built and functional it supports macOS 10.8>10.15, I’ll post back again once the update is released, the engine won’t be released before the update is complete.