Message added by jasenyoface

Version 19.09.19 Now Available!

2 minutes ago, jasenyoface said:

Looking back now, you may need to allow apps to run that come from 3rd parties/unrec developers. Check it out

I have everything set up just like in the post. I double checked and nothing. For some odd reason the December update runs on my mac and the new one doesn’t. For now I’ll just keep the older one. 

21 minutes ago, flawlesshoodrat said:

I have everything set up just like in the post. I double checked and nothing. For some odd reason the December update runs on my mac and the new one doesn’t. For now I’ll just keep the older one. 

Curiouser and curiouser

So, November update - didn’t work, December update - works, January update - didn’t work and now February update doesn’t work either.  Did December run as expected initially? or did you have to take a step for it to work?

What is confusing me, is that when I update PKHeX.app, all I do is switch out the old “PKHeX.exe” and “PKHeX.Core.dll” with the new ones.. and update the version number via Wineskin

Edit: If you haven’t yet, download and try the Sierra version. It will (for me) run on the current OS. 

3 hours ago, jasenyoface said:

Curiouser and curiouser

So, November update - didn’t work, December update - works, January update - didn’t work and now February update doesn’t work either.  Did December run as expected initially? or did you have to take a step for it to work?

What is confusing me, is that when I update PKHeX.app, all I do is switch out the old “PKHeX.exe” and “PKHeX.Core.dll” with the new ones.. and update the version number via Wineskin

Edit: If you haven’t yet, download and try the Sierra version. It will (for me) run on the current OS. 

I have No idea what is happening. The December one just randomly started working fine after I restarted My computer when it was stuck on verifying. The newest update for some reason doesn’t want to open. All it says is verifying but it gets stuck there which is weird. It had opened on my Brother’s mac but then closed down and said it was from an unidentified developer and he had the setting the way the post was specified. 

Hi, is there any way that I can make the window size bigger?

5abb10cf47b23_2018-03-2812_48_39.thumb.png.2502a5fe694b869a59334fe4d9149c18.png

I've been using your OS app version since somehow I could not build app version correctly with WINE anymore (even when I followed your instruction on the other topic).

When I open it, a size of the window is too small to see the Japanese characters

I know if I use PKHeX with English, it shows correctly, but I'm not a native English speaker and names between Japanese and English are way too different, so it's really inconvenient for me to use Eng version.

andmay be this is not the reason why I can't make a window size bigger, but I open PKHeX.app through Wineskin Launcher because when I click PKHeX.app, it won't even bounce but nothing happens.

So if there's any way that the characters appear correctly, please teach me how....

------

My Mac OS ver:  10.13.2 (High Sierra)

4 hours ago, kinocko said:

Hi, is there any way that I can make the window size bigger?

5abb10cf47b23_2018-03-2812_48_39.thumb.png.2502a5fe694b869a59334fe4d9149c18.png

I've been using your OS app version since somehow I could not build app version correctly with WINE anymore (even when I followed your instruction on the other topic).

When I open it, a size of the window is too small to see the Japanese characters

I know if I use PKHeX with English, it shows correctly, but I'm not a native English speaker and names between Japanese and English are way too different, so it's really inconvenient for me to use Eng version.

andmay be this is not the reason why I can't make a window size bigger, but I open PKHeX.app through Wineskin Launcher because when I click PKHeX.app, it won't even bounce but nothing happens.

So if there's any way that the characters appear correctly, please teach me how....

------

My Mac OS ver:  10.13.2 (High Sierra)

I understand your concern, however there is not much I can do to properly fix this issue.  I can make the characters bigger, of course, but it comes at a hefty cost.  See below

Spoiler

Screen Shot 2018-03-28 at 4.06.05 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-03-28 at 4.06.17 AM.png

As you see, adjusting the DPI has negative results on the program. Also, I cannot force window resizing in Wine; it may be possible, I just don't know how to do it.   PKHeX.app provided is a "happy medium" for most. 

Just wondering, with the new March 19th update, why isn't there an illegal stats box for PKHaX. Trying to make a godly Ash-Greninja but it won't allow me to save unlimited stats. It's like its the regular PKHeX which is odd. Hoping I could get some help from the creator and community.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, VinnieTURAYA said:

Just wondering, with the new March 19th update, why isn't there an illegal stats box for PKHaX. Trying to make a godly Ash-Greninja but it won't allow me to save unlimited stats. It's like its the regular PKHeX which is odd. Hoping I could get some help from the creator and community.

Thanks!

Refer to the other recent threads. This is a known issue with the current release.

• Like 1

@jasenyoface

You know it's possible to have both PKHex & PKHaX working from the same wrapper right?, If you like I could modify your PKHeX.app to launch normal it will load PKHeX as normal then launch PKHaX when holding Option on Launch.

For updating all you would need to do it replace the PKHeX.exe with your version that includes the replaced icon and it's good to go.

Also your wrapper should work on MAC OSX 10.8 and up since you have disabled the "GPU Info" checkbox

• Like 1
  • Proud 1

On 5/13/2018 at 10:16 AM, pkman99 said:

@jasenyoface

You know it's possible to have both PKHex & PKHaX working from the same wrapper right?, If you like I could modify your PKHeX.app to launch normal it will load PKHeX as normal then launch PKHaX when holding Option on Launch.

Thank you for the suggestion!  I'll make and upload the modified wrapper shortly.

4 hours ago, jasenyoface said:

Thank you for the suggestion!  I'll make and upload the modified wrapper shortly.

Your welcome,

Not exactly the way I meant but it works, some users might get scared with the cmd being launched.

I'm going to PM you a link instead, stock Wineskin can handle that correctly, But I do know Wineskin Navy can.

Edited by pkman99
Updating infomation

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Gongshow said:

Hey, I've created the app using winebottler, but I get this screen when I try to boot up the program:

1525233948_ScreenShot2018-07-20at1_47_37PM.png.d1b21381a80e23ad10011bc109f44b3c.png

How do I get the .core.dll into the exe file? I'm on high sierra 10.13.5.

Make sure the dll and exe are in the same folder. In Winebottler, make sure ‘copy file (program) and all files in the folder to the App Bundle’ is ticked. 

5DF04FBB-5822-41DC-9876-F697D20E3081.png

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone.

First post here, please bear with me!

I'd like to give this a try but I see a lot of people have had issues with gettng it running, but I don't know how much OS X version is a factor here.

Ergo my question is: has anyone been able to use this (the pre-winebottled downloadable in the original post) on OS X Mavericks (~10.9.5 - yeah I know I'm stuck in the stone age, but I don't really have the wherewithal to undertake a massive update at the moment)? 

If it would be inherently incompatible due to architectural/filesystem changes between 10.9 and 10.10+ I'd prefer to hold off till I can get around to a major update and/or download Wine and run it thru Terminal...

But if anyone has tried it with success on Mavericks, or it is at least theoretically compatible, that'd be great to know. I don't have Wine, so I'd prefer the wrapped version, but if necessary I'll do what I gotta do.

Thanks so much for any help/advice! Mew!

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/6/2018 at 11:35 PM, missingnoibat said:

Hey everyone.

First post here, please bear with me!

I'd like to give this a try but I see a lot of people have had issues with gettng it running, but I don't know how much OS X version is a factor here.

Ergo my question is: has anyone been able to use this (the pre-winebottled downloadable in the original post) on OS X Mavericks (~10.9.5 - yeah I know I'm stuck in the stone age, but I don't really have the wherewithal to undertake a massive update at the moment)? 

If it would be inherently incompatible due to architectural/filesystem changes between 10.9 and 10.10+ I'd prefer to hold off till I can get around to a major update and/or download Wine and run it thru Terminal...

But if anyone has tried it with success on Mavericks, or it is at least theoretically compatible, that'd be great to know. I don't have Wine, so I'd prefer the wrapped version, but if necessary I'll do what I gotta do.

Thanks so much for any help/advice! Mew!

It works on Mojave so it will work for you, it has just not been updated in while so you won't be using the most recent version of PKHeX

Also the version available for download is using Wineskin-2.6.2 not Winebottler.

Edited by pkman99
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@jasenyoface any reason for not updating this? (I have a newer wrapper working even on 10.8 with the newest PKHeX version)

It is also a good idea to swap from Wineskin from doh123 to the updated Wineskin Fork that's stable and works on OSX10.8 > macOS10.14, it directly downloads wine from Winehq and always downloads the latest version of Winetricks.

Edited by pkman99

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/4/2017 at 5:00 PM, jasenyoface said:

Sometimes (and I don’t really know why) this method works when the app won’t launch:

Right click PKHeX.app and choose “show package contents”. Next, enter the “Contents” folder and then the “MacOS” folder. Run “WineskinLauncher”.  

I had a problem where I had disabled gatekeeper and everything, but PKhex wouldn't open. No error message, it just wouldn't do anything. This worked for me. I'm going to put some common search terms in this post to help people find this thread, because it's clearly the most useful one on the internet. Thank you everyone for contributing.

PKHex won't open mac OS

PKHex won't launch mac OS

PKHex not opening mac OS

PKHex help mac OS

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/5/2017 at 5:57 PM, jasenyoface said:

Do you have X11 installed along with wine and winebottler? 

Wondering which way did you delete wine? 

Try using winebottler to make the app. 

What does it mean "try using winebottler to make the app"? Should I do the same process to make a windows program run on mac? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The pkhex cannot add new pokemon in my game. 

I use sdf to export saved game file to PC. The file is named main. Load this file I simply copy a pokemon and add it in my party box. Everything works well till then. I set this pokemon and export file as main. Put it back to my 3ds save data. Open the game, it just doesn't change anything! I don't see the new pokemon. But it does exist in the pkhex interface. What to do?

ps. I also cannot change the level, IV or EV value. How to change them?

Screen Shot 2019-07-18 at 4.16.42 PM.png

Edited by Cake12345