Message added by jasenyoface

Version 19.09.19 Now Available!

For the life of me, I don't know how to make PKHex to work. I have High Sierra and it I downloaded the latest version but it doesn't even move.

I tried an older version and it works but my Ultra Moon file does not load. I need it to keep playing the game or I will not be able to play it at all.

I have no idea how to use a Windows version in Mac. I have a MacBook Air and really dont know much about all of this.

I just want to know if I can play the game or should I just leave it at that?

On 11/26/2017 at 2:32 PM, NOVED said:

Using the file in the current OP. Won't open at all on High Sierra.

On 11/28/2017 at 5:43 AM, DaviNguyen said:

Everytime I open it, it just stay there and nothing happens. What should I do??

4 hours ago, pchd88 said:

For the life of me, I don't know how to make PKHex to work. I have High Sierra and it I downloaded the latest version but it doesn't even move.

Sometimes (and I don’t really know why) this method works when the app won’t launch:

Right click PKHeX.app and choose “show package contents”. Next, enter the “Contents” folder and then the “MacOS” folder. Run “WineskinLauncher”.  

Ok if the Application still isn't loading on initial click/Unidentified Developer open

1. Get the WineBottler Bundle and install both Wine and WineBottler into your Mac. http://winebottler.kronenberg.org

2. Open Wine, Click the Wine Glass at the top of your Screen and a drop down menu should appear. Select [Change Prefix] Select Add, and create a New Prefix(You can leave this as it is). Now go back to the Wine Glass and Select-> [WineTricks]. Search dotnet46, Select the [Silent Install] and [MS .NET 4.6] Boxes, and press Apply. This may take awhile so please don't be that impatient.(Kudos to @jasenyoface for your guide on Page 7)

3. Presuming you have Unachieved the .7z, Right click on it and Open Package Contents of the Application, [PKHex], go to the Alias [drive_c] ->[Program Files]->[PKHex]->Run [PKHex.exe] [If you need a guide to this, please look through the previous pages, I'm quite new.. :/]

4. A Pop-up window should show up. Change the [Run Directly] part to your newly created [Prefix] and Press [Go]. 

There, running :]

Note: I have not tested the loading of save files etc. and only opened it. And that I'm not responsible for anything else that happens to the system. Enjoy!

EdibleBiscuits~

Edited by YummyBiscuits

16 minutes ago, YummyBiscuits said:

Ok if the Application still isn't loading on initial click/Unidentified Developer open

1. Get the WineBottler Bundle and install both Wine and WineBottler into your Mac. http://winebottler.kronenberg.org

2. Open Wine, Click the Wine Glass at the top of your Screen and a drop down menu should appear. Select [Change Prefix] Select Add, and create a New Prefix(You can leave this as it is). Now go back to the Wine Glass and Select-> [WineTricks]. Search dotnet46, Select the [Silent Install] and [MS .NET 4.6] Boxes, and press Apply. This may take awhile so please don't be that impatient.(Kudos to @jasenyoface for your guide on Page 7)

3. Presuming you have Unachieved the .7z, Right click on it and Open Package Contents of the Application, [PKHex], go to the Alias [drive_c] ->[Program Files]->[PKHex]->Run [PKHex.exe] [If you need a guide to this, please look through the previous pages, I'm quite new.. :/]

4. A Pop-up window should show up. Change the [Run Directly] part to your newly created [Prefix] and Press [Go]. 

There, running :]

Note: I have not tested the loading of save files etc. and only opened it. And that I'm not responsible for anything else that happens to the system. Enjoy!

EdibleBiscuits~

See. I’ve done this and it does not open whatsoever. 

It doesn’t launch, but suddenly wine is taking up a lot of memory for about 4 minutes and then stops responding completely. 

On 12/4/2017 at 8:00 PM, jasenyoface said:

Sometimes (and I don’t really know why) this method works when the app won’t launch:

Right click PKHeX.app and choose “show package contents”. Next, enter the “Contents” folder and then the “MacOS” folder. Run “WineskinLauncher”.  

Hey @jasenyoface, I think the best solution for most users would be to simply download the .exe and use Wine (the version bundled with WineBottler) to open the app. After many failed attempts to use WineBottler to create a Mac app solution when the supplied app refuses to cooperate (does not open), I decided to try this and it works every time. Some icons do not display properly but this is common with Wine. What do you think? (Could save you a ton of *help* requests down the road.)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FalseSwipe said:

Hey @jasenyoface, I think the best solution for most users would be to simply download the .exe and use Wine (the version bundled with WineBottler) to open the app. After many failed attempts to use WineBottler to create a Mac app solution when the supplied app refuses to cooperate (does not open), I decided to try this and it works every time. Some icons do not display properly but this is common with Wine. What do you think? (Could save you a ton of *help* requests down the road.)

Hey FalseSwipe!  I agree with you, it’s the best solution for PKHeX to run on MacOS.  In fact, I recently put together this guide to help members go that route:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Kaphotics said:

how do i hak pogeymon

image.png

That's strange, I downloaded the latest version, checked "from egg" added powder into relearn moves and told me it was an invalid move. I'll try again tomorrow and screen cap if still not right... Or might show what I'm doing wrong! Thanks for the quick reply! 

On 25.12.2017 at 9:59 PM, Philbo said:

That's strange, I downloaded the latest version, checked "from egg" added powder into relearn moves and told me it was an invalid move. I'll try again tomorrow and screen cap if still not right... Or might show what I'm doing wrong! Thanks for the quick reply! 

You're adding a move that a Pokemon already knows to relearn moves.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

SO I just downloaded the most recent update and when I try to open it, it says that a fatal non UI error has occurred and there was a problem displaying the details. and now not even the app that works is opening because it says it is no longer available.

Edited by flawlesshoodrat

On 11/7/2017 at 1:28 PM, RobertJSpradlin said:

After changing the directory I am still getting the "invalid argument error"

5a01fb4523fd5_ScreenShot2017-11-07at11_27_38AM.thumb.png.38cb6010048717507ed0e863e49b6b3a.png

For our future references let’s note that capitalization is important in Terminal. It should have been:

wine PKHeX.exe

not 

wine pkhex.exe

On 11/24/2017 at 11:40 PM, flawlesshoodrat said:

I keep having trouble with this. The app gets stuck on verifying and the status bar does not even move. It opened on El Capitan but does not want to on High Sierra

On 2/3/2018 at 2:09 PM, flawlesshoodrat said:

SO I just downloaded the most recent update and when I try to open it, it says that a fatal non UI error has occurred and there was a problem displaying the details. and now not even the app that works is opening because it says it is no longer available.

4 hours ago, flawlesshoodrat said:

Downloaded the new one, did everything and all I get Is the verifying screen. I tried Opening it with terminal through Packaged Contents and nothing, but the same message of verifying. 

Looking back now, you may need to allow apps to run that come from 3rd parties/unrec developers. Check it out