Yu-gi-oh

Regice

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well in similarities I think bakugan would relate more. They throw them sort of like pokeballs onto the battle field. There are good and bad guys, bakugan also features the fact that when they come out of ball form they transform into their monster form. Sort of like pokemon. However, the monsters are more like yugioh then pokemon.

its only my opinion they really change the dueling rule in the anime show

Yeaa, I know what you're talking about.

Andlol, I know, there's no right or wrong for this, it's just what we both think, we just happen to think different things :P

YuGiOh and Pokemon is a whole Different world , I've play pokemon card ( long ago ) and yu gi oh ( still Playing) and it difficult to see . Andal Have one eye and it's blue , does pokemon have a bear with one eye and is blue ?

• 2 months later...

Whatever anyone says, they are not spinoffs of each other. Pokemon was originally Nintendo's gimick to get people to buy the original GameBoy's link cable and Yugioh was a manga turned anime turned card game. Yes, they both have monsters that they use to do battle, but Pokemon are thought to be companions while the monsters in Yugioh are expendable as the are sacrificed for bigger and better monsters. Even thought they (basically) own the monsters and their containers of sorts, Pokemon are caught and in Yugioh, you buy the cards from which the monsters repeatedly spawn.

(You name it, I will find a difference...)

xD The true difference is the enjoyment of the games.

Pokemon games amuse me, sometimes for hours on end (if I'm not busy), while the Yu-Gi-Oh! games are... well... blah from time to time.

I haven't played any pokemon game I haven't liked yet (I'm speaking in a video game's sense). While the Yugioh ones... >.> They're okayish... I just play 'em if I'm really bored, have nothing to do, or just wanna laugh at how off-base the storylines normally are.

And Yugioh's funded by Konami, as Pokemon's Nintendo. Enough said right there.

If you ask me, Digimon was more relateable to Pokemon than Yugioh was. xD Gotta love 'em Digi's...

That's just my opinion however.

If you ask me, Digimon was more relateable to Pokemon than Yugioh was. xD Gotta love 'em Digi's...

QFT.

That being said...I see no relation in Yu-Gi-Oh versus Pokemon, when putting Digimon into the mix. If there had been a Digimon franchise much like these pokemon games we all know and love, I wouldn't even be on this forum right now. 'Nuff said, Digimon trumped my pokemon when it first hit America.

I used to have an amazing deck...I've got no idea what happened to it :( I've only got a few cards now....

In my opinion, Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon do seem to be similar in only one way ( weird looking creatures being sent out/ summoned to beat the crap out of each other to settle a dispute or to win a challenge ) but otherwise, they are entirely different things that can appeal to different people for many reasons. I myself happen to play both Pokemon games and the Yu-Gi-Oh TCG on a frequent basis, but I am not much into eithers' anime.

On a random sidenote, the two decks I currently run are: DemiseTown OTK, and a Macro-Monarch deck ( not that most people would understand what kind of decks these are from their shortened names,so I apologize to them and to serious competitive players for using a cheap one-turn kill (OTK) deck.)

Glad to know I'm not the only one here who plays...

I have nine decks in total:

A Six Samurai (No Grandmasters or Chancelors though... :( )

Volcanic

Alien

Normal Swarming/Ritual (Lycanthrope)/Fusion Special Summon

Special Summon/High ATK (Keep monsters out to sacrifice for monsters that need three)

Synchro (Massively Upgraded Starter Deck)

Fairy (Valhalla/Athena)

Dark World/Dark Monsters

Exodia - Royal Magical Library Spammer (31 Spells in a 40 card deck)

Could you explain why it's called "macro" monarch to me? Any vocabulary unrelated to rules and card types I'm a bit unsure of (as you could probably tell from above)...

Edited by YuzuruHitokiri
Miscount in the Exodia Deck...

Lol, I no longer play the card game, but I do hold onto the cards. xD Same with my Pokemon ones. They're sitting in my closet, collecting dust...

I never understood how to play the pokemon card game... ^^;

Before going off-topic...

I can see where the similarities are in Yugioh and Pokemon, such as the awkward monsters, using strategies, ect., ect. But I never saw it as a spinoff.

I did debate before with digimon and pokemon though. I wasn't sure which one came first way back when, so I was so confused... ^^;

Glad to know I'm not the only one here who plays...

I have nine decks in total:

A Six Samurai (No Grandmasters or Chancelors though... :( )

Volcanic

Alien

Normal Swarming/Ritual (Lycanthrope)/Fusion Special Summon

Special Summon/High ATK (Keep monsters out to sacrifice for monsters that need three)

Synchro (Massively Upgraded Starter Deck)

Fairy (Valhalla/Athena)

Dark World/Dark Monsters

Exodia - Royal Magical Library Spammer (34 Spells in a 40 card deck)

Could you explain why it's called "macro" monarch to me? Any vocabulary unrelated to rules and card types I'm a bit unsure of (as you could probably tell from above)...

Wow... that is awesome! How do you manage to balance all of those decks? Anyways, when I say "macro monarch", I mean a standard monarch deck that utilizes the effect of the removal trap card "Macro Cosmos" and uses cards like D.D. Scout Plane and D.D. Survivor as tribute fodder to summon the monarchs, get their effects, then because when the D.D.s' are removed from the field due to Macro Cosmos's effect when they were tributed, their effects activate and bounces them back to the field at the end phase, allowing them to be tributed again and again for more monarchs, or to serve as walls.

Oh, so it's basically the Caius Structure Deck with more monarchs? (*Macro* cosmos, I get it...)

As for my decks, I just have a lot of cards. (and luck with tins. I don't know if they do it intentionally, but I usually get packs with extra ULTIMATE rares inserted and a better super/ultra ratio than by just buying the packs single. IE: I got a Red Rose Dragon tin last week and the rares/anomalies are as follows: Phantom Darkness- Got 11 cards total, Yubel SR included; Light of Destruction- Lyla, Lightsworn Priestess (sp?) UR; The Duelist Genesis- Regular Pack; Crossroads of Chaos 1- Mark of the Rose UTR; Crossroads of Chaos 2- 7 commons, 2 rares: Tiger Dragon R & Revived King Ha Des UTR; This sort of thing has happened with multiple tins...

Yu-Gi-Oh is a high paying game if you get into the tournament aspect of it. Forty card decks selling for well over $1300. I used to play quite often, and with the top players as well.

Anyone who compares YuGiOh to Pokémon hasn't the slightest clue of how different the two are. Pokémon isn't as high paying as YuGiOh was/is, at least for me, but Pokémon is a bit more entertaining.