pokedex bug

j3hO6OdJWb

While this should be looked into,
I've got a different bone to pick here:

20 minutes ago, j3hO6OdJWb said:

also please remove all impossible megas and shiny legendary  gen7s from complete dex in the pokedex. They may make user get banned.

It's not PKHeX fault that users decides to complete the dex in that manner.

Also, there is a "Caught All" option which is less deadly then the "Complete Dex" option.
It's up to user digression to select the option that will enable legal gameplay.
Example >Caught All> proceeds to manually remove all alternate formes.

However, I do think we should make it easier for young players that unwittingly presses everything.

Rather than remove it,
1. Complete Dex becomes unique to HaX mode
2. A basic alternative to Caught all non-mythicals, that also ignores variants and Mega formes.
3. Caught all and Complete dex prompts a warning that online use with this save may not be advised.

I'll like to hear input on this.

Venusaur-1 is for mega venusaur which doesn't have gender differences.

6 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

While this should be looked into,
I've got a different bone to pick here:

It's not PKHeX fault that users decides to complete the dex in that manner.

Also, there is a "Caught All" option which is less deadly then the "Complete Dex" option.
It's up to user digression to select the option that will enable legal gameplay.
Example >Caught All> proceeds to manually remove all alternate formes.

However, I do think we should make it easier for young players that unwittingly presses everything.

Rather than remove it,
1. Complete Dex becomes unique to HaX mode
2. A basic alternative to Caught all non-mythicals, that also ignores variants and Mega formes.
3. Caught all and Complete dex prompts a warning that online use with this save may not be advised.

I'll like to hear input on this.

Better to just add another option to complete the dex with everything possible, but won't add any entry that would be impossible to get legitimately. So it would exempt Marshadow, shiny Ultra beasts, unreleased shiny events and AZ Floette.

Edited by nickdos

1 hour ago, nickdos said:

Venusaur-1 is for mega venusaur which doesn't have gender differences.

Better to just add another option to complete the dex with everything possible, but won't add any entry that would be impossible to get legitimately. So it would exempt Marshadow, shiny Ultra beasts, unreleased shiny events and AZ Floette.

That may be too much to ask for every generation, especially when some of those details will change with time.

Hence the Caught all non-mythicals I mentioned will go from 1 - 801 (all the last number of the Nat dex for whichever gen),
will ignore variants (but if you already caught it, it won't uncheck it),
and ignore megas (whatever mega you want in dex, you'll just get it by megaing what's possible).

If users add in an event Pokemon, such as using wonder card or setting PKM to save,
it goes into Pokedex anyway, so no need to add event Pokemon specifically, when if a user wants to use it, it'll already be in.