Pokemon Yellow's Farfetch'd Pokemon Transporter

Mewtwo

I was just wondering if anyone else was having trouble with this Pokemon. I caught a Farfetch'd in Pokemon Yellow. I then used the Pokemon Transporter to transfer it to Pokemon Bank. However, after doing so, its name remained all caps and there is just a space between the H and D. I haven't caught any others to test and see if it does this to all of them. I also can't find anything about it online.

That made me curious about Mr. Mime, even though it can't be obtained legally in Gen I outside of the in-game trade. If you remove the nickname, it will still pass through PokeTransporter(same with Jynx), however it doesn't convert the name properly either, named "MR-MIME".

Edited by Deoxyz

Quote:

Farfetch'd is the only Pokémon with an apostrophe in its name.

• Due to this, it is impossible to return a nicknamed Farfetch'd to its species name in English, Spanish, or Italian Generation I and II games. This is because the apostrophe is not available as a character for nicknames.

So the only unnicknamed international Farfetch'd would be French and German,
Canarticho and Porenta respectively.

Alternatively, if you shared same TID/SID combo and OT name as your Gen I save,
it may be quite possible to rename them xD

1 hour ago, Deoxyz said:

That made me curious about Mr. Mime, even though it can't be obtained legally in Gen I outside of the in-game trade. If you remove the nickname, it will still pass through PokeTransporter(same with Jynx), however it doesn't convert the name properly either, named "MR-MIME".

That could be because there is no space in Gen 1 in Mr. Mime (Mr.Mime).

6 minutes ago, HaxAras said:

Anybody happen to have these? As files in gen 1 or 7? I collect in-game trade Pokemon. 

I've got the original unedited .pk1s for the in-game traded Farfetch'd, Jynx, and Mr. Mime. Didn't bother with Lickitung since I had caught one in Yellow. Also the pk7s of those three that I transferred after removing the nicknames.

1 minute ago, Deoxyz said:

I've got the original unedited .pk1s for the in-game traded Farfetch'd, Jynx, and Mr. Mime. Didn't bother with Lickitung since I had caught one in Yellow. Also the pk7s of those three that I transferred after removing the nicknames.

I'm trying to get untouched, lowest legal levels of every in game trade Pokemon in every language and every gen. So any additions are welcome. 

On 1/31/2017 at 12:54 AM, HaxAras said:

I'm trying to get untouched, lowest legal levels of every in game trade Pokemon in every language and every gen. So any additions are welcome. 

Probably not at the lowest levels, but they are untouched other than the pk7's nicknames.

Edited by Deoxyz

1 minute ago, Deoxyz said:

Probably not at the lowest levels, but they are untouched other than the pk7's nicknames.

Gen I In-Game Trade PK1s & PK7s.zip

One of my favorite things to say. Good enough is good enough. I lost my Yellow save (and a lot more, burn in hell pkhex) and I'm a long way away from getting RBY in every language so every addition helps. Thanks! 

2 minutes ago, HaxAras said:

One of my favorite things to say. Good enough is good enough. I lost my Yellow save (and a lot more, burn in hell pkhex) and I'm a long way away from getting RBY in every language so every addition helps. Thanks! 

I can actually get you some pk7s still with the nicknames, but I'll transfer them tomorrow. I'll send you a PM when I do.

I created an account just to answer how to fix this issue so pass it on. Since Mr. Mike and Farfetch'd caught with the Trainer-Fly glitch don't appear with correct names when transferred over, simply nickname them bad words, transfer them with Poke Transporter and then the filter will automatically revert them back to the corrected name. It's very simple. 

• Like 5

On 2/2/2017 at 11:10 AM, GLV1 said:

I created an account just to answer how to fix this issue so pass it on. Since Mr. Mike and Farfetch'd caught with the Trainer-Fly glitch don't appear with correct names when transferred over, simply nickname them bad words, transfer them with Poke Transporter and then the filter will automatically revert them back to the corrected name. It's very simple. 

LOL! That is genius! Thanks!!

• Like 1