Changed my 3DS region, look legit?

Vakturion

G'day guys, I used CFW to get my 3DS to kind of think it's Japanese but not really?

I'm just wondering if this looks legit at all. Maybe like I had bought a Japanese 3DS and imported it to Australia.

I'm also wondering if this would work for Japanese internet / code events.

Weird.PNG

50 minutes ago, Vakturion said:

G'day guys, I used CFW to get my 3DS to kind of think it's Japanese but not really?

I'm just wondering if this looks legit at all. Maybe like I had bought a Japanese 3DS and imported it to Australia.

I'm also wondering if this would work for Japanese internet / code events.

Weird.PNG

Nope, that's not how this works.

The Country and Sub Region is something that is taken from what you set in your 3DS Profile when you set it up,
and it's not possible to change even have those settings.

[Standard JPN 3ds only allows Japan as Country, so by default the sub region you have is also not possible]

• 1 year later...
On 1/28/2017 at 9:07 AM, theSLAYER said:

Nope, that's not how this works.

The Country and Sub Region is something that is taken from what you set in your 3DS Profile when you set it up,
and it's not possible to change even have those settings.

[Standard JPN 3ds only allows Japan as Country, so by default the sub region you have is also not possible]

so

if i start a game save in NewYork(3ds setting)

then i play in other 3ds (setting is Washington) and save game

this save will not change to Washington?

3 hours ago, Davil said:

so

if i start a game save in NewYork(3ds setting)

then i play in other 3ds (setting is Washington) and save game

this save will not change to Washington?

If you refer back to the message I was replying too,
Legitimacy speaking, it is not possible to play a JP region game onto a console that supports Australia as a country (which would be EU Region 3DS)
[3DS region locking. Cart region must match 3DS region]

In the scenario you're listing, both Washington and New York both are on a US Region 3DS, so the save will update and store the new country and sub country details.
[Extra info: However, Vivillon form details won't change; it's set in stone upon the starting of the game]

9 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

If you refer back to the message I was replying too,
Legitimacy speaking, it is not possible to play a JP region game onto a console that supports Australia as a country (which would be EU Region 3DS)
[3DS region locking. Cart region must match 3DS region]

In the scenario you're listing, both Washington and New York both are on a US Region 3DS, so the save will update and store the new country and sub country details.
[Extra info: However, Vivillon form details won't change; it's set in stone upon the starting of the game]

it's not absolute about it

g7 twn game card can play in twn and chn region 3ds

only this

other 3ds region not possible to change

Edited by Davil
  • Like 1

Figured the post all out for the most part. Just researching how to inject pokemon using check point. Just using CP to make a back up save and opening, and dragging files directly into the save (as in the images on the tutorial). It can't be that easy?

Look 2 posts below, both of these post are completes edits. Thanks For trying to help previously theSLAYER

Edited by Mizat

6 hours ago, Davil said:

g7 twn game card can play in twn and chn region 3ds

I personally don't have a Twn system and chn to test that, but if that's true, that'll be the only exception :)

@Mizat somewhere along the way you lost me. In 2 sentences, what's your exact question? (If we're missing context, we'll refer back to your long post)

It's all good now, I got all the custom firmware from the official guide and figured out how to back up saves with check point. Now just need to know exactly what to do. It can't be as easy as dragging your PKhex or Poke Edit files into the save as shown in the image below? OK, so my thoughts on needing to use an emulator are true? 

IDK maybe i'm missing something, from the tutorial or it is as easy as it seems. None the less my final goal is to do what this post is about, having pokemon that looks as if I bred them in Japan or on JP cart and console or in another region in general, just to have regional pokemon make it easier to breed for shiny's with the slight advantage you gain. I'm currently just not understanding the tutorial 100% or maybe I am and it's easier than I thought. I'll try and maybe edit this. Don't feel obligated to reply anyone, I received enough help and the Discord is godly.

YOU DON"T HAVE TO READ BELOW IT"S EXPLAING A LITTLE OF PREVIOUSLY WHAT WAS GOING ON AND NEEDED HELP WITH THANKS:)

I appreciate the time and trying to help it was a long few days doing a lot of things and figuring out that at the same time. It really is easy, you just need to follow it and take your time without thinking to much into things. I would be able to do it again so quick lol. My end goal is so close and in sight, I could have taken much easier quicker routes not even involving CFW (like using just homebrew starter kit and JKSM) however happy I went the full route. The methods Luma, Rosilina, Bootstrap, FBI and everything else (all thanks to Homebrew in the first place) opened up so much more, than just cusom pokemon. It's to bad I cannot use the QR reader methods, they seem super easy and noob friendly, but the system I hacked has no rear cameras. It happens the 1st day I started researching Hombrew the 11.7 upgrade ahppened or my other systems came with 11.7 one of the 2, then when I catually went to install homebrew and follow the guide upon booting being a noob, I went to check if I could get the Freaky or Ninja gae (not knowing wiiware specifics exsted) updating my other two new systems to 11.8. That day theere was no way unless useing hardware or external use. So I fied a broken 2ds hoping the wii ware was one exploitable without costing money, luckily it was 11.2, however had to take cans out to get it to work. So no QR methods for me. Check point is the way to go.

Edited by Mizat
Figured out and changed method and learned a ton