Ash (Hat) Pikachu?

ArtemiSerebii

2 minutes ago, ArtemiSerebii said:

Just out of curiosity, is the Ash hat-chu considered an untradeable event, or is it considered an event at all?  OBVIOUSLY you can trade a Pikachu, but can that particular version be traded, i.e. can someone get, say...me one?  That would be great!  Thanks in advance and yay!

Untradeable event.

It's like how regular Vulpix couldn't be traded before Pokemon Bank.

Same Species, different forme.

The theory I agree with is that it will be this year's ""mythical""/eventmon that corresponds with this year's pokemon movie, since this movie's theme fits well with this Pikachu. If that's the case, then we won't have to wait that much longer to legally obtain them, at least the one from Japan come July. Marshadow being the only other mythical remaining this generation also supports that theory. I'm just curious how they'll go about distributing it since it has six different hat forms. Maybe like they did that Japanese Arceus distribution back in 2015. The wondercard will likely also come with PikASHunium Z, in the same way Snorlium Z did.

I'd also compare it to Eternal/AZ's Floette, but that's probably a bad example since we don't know what the hell happened with that distibution. :|