My Pokemon bank keeps crashing possibly due to the complete Pokedex hack in PkHex?

Freezzard

I just got the update, and everything works fine until I go to the new national dex function. I open it up and if I press even one button that isnt up or down the app crashes and forces me to restart my system. Here is everything that causes the crash: Pressing left or right on the D-pad, Pressing up on the D-pad while on Bulbasaur, Scrolling past Mew into the Johto Dex, tapping the search icon. So pretty much everything causes an instant crash and forced 3ds system reset, which keeps getting me locked out of the server. The error message is always something like: "An error forced the software to close. The system will now restart" I haven't really been able to see what this new national dex looks like or use it's features because of this. I'm not finding anyone else having this problem.  I did use Pkhex to give my OrAs file a complete dex. This is all I can think of that might have something to do with it.  My Pokemon Bank app is on my New 3ds which has never been modded, I use an old 3ds to use soundhax and save manager for Pkhex.  If anyone knows the cause or could provide help that would be great.  This is my first post so I hope I didnt break any rules, thank you

Well hoping that I've read this correctly, your completed dex hack doesn't have anything to do with Pokebank crashing on you. Pokebank only has a legality checker, so the only issues you would have with it regarding hacks would you being unable to move over your Roar of Time Bidoof to SuMo. What could be the problem though is a poor internet connection or a corrupt SD card.

Thanks, i know it's not my internet so maybe it is my sd card since the crashes are triggered by the same things every time, Pokebank is the only app ive had problems with though, and its only when navigating the Pokedex...unfortunately I have no way to test a different sd card at the moment, im glad its not the complete dex hack though, thank you 

Try using a save without complete Pokedex, then get back to us.

My saves had their Pokedex completed manually (and shifting around of Pokemon in Pokebank),
and I don't have this issue.

Maybe you have something illegal in your dex, like Eternal Floette or Shiny Cosplay Pikachu?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Try using a save without complete Pokedex, then get back to us.

My saves had their Pokedex completed manually (and shifting around of Pokemon in Pokebank),
and I don't have this issue.

Maybe you have something illegal in your dex, like Eternal Floette or Shiny Cosplay Pikachu?

Well I did what you suggested and.....it worked! I kept a copy of my old AS file and imported it and I loaded it into the Bank and it replaced the complete dex with my old one, and there are no more crashes.  Ii didn't cross my mind that something illegal was in there but that was probably the reason. Thank you so much!!

7 minutes ago, Freezzard said:

Well I did what you suggested and.....it worked! I kept a copy of my old AS file and imported it and I loaded it into the Bank and it replaced the complete dex with my old one, and there are no more crashes.  Ii didn't cross my mind that something illegal was in there but that was probably the reason. Thank you so much!!

So at least we now know it may be because of illegal critters hiding in the Pokedex.

I think there has been GTS blocks since Gen IV, when illegal Pokemon was in the Pokedex prior to the release,
so something like this isn't too uncommon.

4 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

So at least we now know it may be because of illegal critters hiding in the Pokedex.

I think there has been GTS blocks since Gen IV, when illegal Pokemon was in the Pokedex prior to the release,
so something like this isn't too uncommon.

Yeah I remember those GTS blocks, now that I think about it, the file checked that I obtained shiny legendaries that are shiny locked.....wow why didn't I think of that, there are probably other illegal stuff in their too...yeah im an idiot. Thanks for your help again I appreciate it.

18 minutes ago, Deoxyz said:

So what I gather from this, we shouldn't use a cartridge with, eg. Shiny Volcanion in the Pokedex with the updated PokeBank?

If it means anything, I have a Marshadow in my Sun save and Bank's NatDex works fine...

The system slips up too.
But it's harsh with the ones that have every shiny seen, every language obtained, that type of thing.

21 hours ago, Freezzard said:

I just use pkhex clear the pokedex of as and x, and that select catch all. Now everything is fine in pokebank.