issues with batch editor for abilities in gen 7

lasciel

So since bank updated I updated the abilities for apricorn pokemon that were bred in gen 6 to their hidden abilities using the batch editor and changed their met locations to the breeding center in gen 7 and origin game as moon (which worked fine), but after I rewrote the file over my moon cartridge the ability changes weren't showing up in pokemon bank.

edit: the ability changes show up fine in pkhex though, and the batch editor for hidden abilities/abilities seem to work for pokemon that were really bred in gen 7 but not for previous gen 6 pokemon even with batch editor changes to origin game and met location to gen 7 stuff.

Edited by lasciel

The batch editor only changes individual properties, for abilities there is the ability number and the actual ability ID. You need to set the ability number as well as the index for it to be recognized in game. PKHeX loads the ability number and ignores the ability ID, which is misleading you.

I'll add in special commands to the batch editor to revise the ability setting in one instruction.

1 hour ago, Kaphotics said:

The batch editor only changes individual properties, for abilities there is the ability number and the actual ability ID. You need to set the ability number as well as the index for it to be recognized in game. PKHeX loads the ability number and ignores the ability ID, which is misleading you.

I'll add in special commands to the batch editor to revise the ability setting in one instruction.

by ability setting do you mean the ability index? if so that'd be great ,also i appreciate the quick response

A pkm has 3 abilities, and it stores which abilitynumber (0/1/2) as well as the actual ability ID. The Batch Editor can't [generically] set the actual ability ID that corresponds to the ability number, but will have the capability in the future.

Different species have different abilities, so:

.AbilityNumber=4

.Ability=128

Will set all PKM's abilities to Defiant and says to the game that they have their hidden ability. The game only cares about which abilitynumber when it evolves (to pick the new ability ID).