Looking for: Gen 4 event mail - Magicarp heart mail

HaxAras

Sorry if this belongs in the Pokemon request section. It seems like this could almost go in either. 

I'm a collector. I collect everything. One of the things that I recently learned existed and that I'm missing, is a piece of mail. I fond that I have these Magikarp in my downloaded Pokemon files for gen 4. But none of them are holding the mail. Does anybody happen to know Japanese and would you be able to re-create this mail? I could do it but it would take an eternity to go through the in game mail system and try to find all of these characters. 

Mono10.png

1 minute ago, Purin said:

I remember participating in the event but it was near impossible to get one, because it was a GTS event. I didn't get it.

I downloaded the files from somewhere. I'm 99% sure it was from here. 

Just in case somebody else reads this. Who knows where else on the forums they might be. 

Magikarp_Nana_07076_2-14-2007_Lonely_Sturdy body_Japan.pkm

Magikarp_Japan_12226_2-15-2007_Modest_Likes to thrash about_Japan.pkm

Magikarp_Japan_03126_2-14-2007_Hardy_Strongly defiant_Japan.pkm

Magikarp_Japan_02226_2-14-2007_Rash_Somewhat stubborn_Japan.pkm

Magikarp_Japan_01256_2-14-2007_Relaxed_Likes to thrash about_Japan.pkm

Just now, Sabresite said:

Major issue with the mail was that it only survived until you xferred the poke out of your party.  So the chance of someone dumping their save game in 2007 when hacking was still new before xferring the poke out of their party is basically zero.

I figured. I'm fine with a replica mail. If the characters are in the game, you could make a replica mail but I don't know how to read Japanese. So I'd spend the next 4 years searching through the text system tying to find the right ones. Maybe somebody here knows Japanese and has 5-10 minutes to spare and likes to help people. It's worth a shot.  

What exactly do you mean? The Japanese text from your screenshot?

はじめまして!
ピカチュウ だいすき です!
"Nice to meet you! I love Pikachu!"

この コイキングは
ハッピー でしょ!
"Isn't this Koiking just happy?"

こうかん してください!
セレビィを あげます!
"Please trade with me! I'll give you my Celebi!"

7 minutes ago, Purin said:

What exactly do you mean? The Japanese text from your screenshot?

はじめまして!
ピカチュウ だいすき です!
"Nice to meet you! I love Pikachu!"

この コイキングは
ハッピー でしょ!
"Isn't this Koiking just happy?"

こうかん してください!
セレビィを あげます!
"Please trade with me! I'll give you my Celebi!"

So if I enter that into an English game and trade it to a Japanese save, it will transfer over properly? Because that doesn't work in gen 3 in the most hilarious way. 

Mono10.png

I assume that we don't really know which Pokémon actually appeared on that mail?

I can put Pikachu, Magikarp and Celebi icons on it since those are the ones that are mentioned in the mail, but that's merely my best guess and likely completely incorrect.

(It's also entirely possible that the real thing has no Pokémon icon on it which I believe isn't possible to create in-game.)

Also no idea who the mail would actually have marked as the author.

11 minutes ago, Ammako said:

I assume that we don't really know which Pokémon actually appeared on that mail?

I can put Pikachu, Magikarp and Celebi icons on it since those are the ones that are mentioned in the mail, but that's merely my best guess and likely completely incorrect.

I'd probably just put Magikarp since it's the Pokemon in the mail. Doesn't mail usually take the icon of the Pokemon holding it? Like the Sunday Wobo from the pic above?

Edited by HaxAras

It seems to take the icons of other Pokémon around in the party as well. I guess I can put just Magikarp.

I've put three Magikarp icons since I can't seem to make it have just one Magikarp icon in the middle; having only Magikarp in party places it on the right side, and the only way I figured out to have Magikarp in the middle was to have other Pokémon in the party, and that makes them appear on the right instead of leaving the spot blank. So might as well make it all Magikarp, heh.

OT だいすき , that's my best guess (as in Daisuki club), yeah chances are it won't really look the same as the actual mail but that's probably the best we could get anyway.

Save file because I don't think .pkm file actually saves the whole of the mail data does it? Not that it should be too difficult to use that save to trade it to your game anyway.

POKEMON P.0.sav

Edited by Guest