Pokemon Bank Update

jojo12100

17 minutes ago, Sabresite said:

According to @SciresM, GameFreak screwed up and they checked shininess against the wrong DV.  The check goes like this:

ATK == 10 && SPC == 10 && SPD == 10 && DEF & 2 == 2

they certainly did.
BTW only the Event Mews get through, glitched Mews does not.

And if one were able to change the IVs (such as using glitch arbitrary code execution or hacking),
It presently becomes shiny. (they could fix this in the future)

6 minutes ago, jojo12100 said:

So is it a bad buzz?

Yes, definitly.

Shiny not retain, IV random, EV 0, glitch mew don't pass, Fly Charizard don't pass, Payday Mewtwo don't pass ...

And no Fissure Machamp lol

Well my opinion is don't use it if your are a purist

Shiny is retained, just not executed correctly.
Expected EVs to not pass.
Expected Glitch Mew to not pass.
I think that HMs aren't allowed to pass to prevent people from trapping themselves.

Sadly it's not chance of HA, but rather all HA.

I rather soft reset for HA (or recatch and retransfer Pokemon), then be forced in a all HA situation.

Nonetheless, I'm still happy.

Managed to get my Event Mew across, got it over as a Shiny as well,
and many fun tidbits with playing around.

Finally got a Nat dex, and completed that too.

Haven't really been playing.. until now.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Shiny is retained, just not executed correctly.
Expected EVs to not pass.
Expected Glitch Mew to not pass.
I think that HMs aren't allowed to pass to prevent people from trapping themselves.

Sadly it's not chance of HA, but rather all HA.

I rather soft reset for HA (or recatch and retransfer Pokemon), then be forced in a all HA situation.

That doesn't explain why PayDay Mewtwo don't pass but anyway I"ll wait for Pkhex update.

Edit: And for Mew now they have to make the event in VC more easy to get in Europe and US, idiots.

Edited by jojo12100

4 minutes ago, jojo12100 said:

That doesn't explain why PayFay Mewtwo don't pass but anyway I"ll wait for Pkhex update.

Hmm it's using Pokemon Yellow moveset whitelist,
whereas Payday wasn't a move in Pokemon Yellow for Mewtwo, hence why it won't pass.

Gotta wait for Gamefreak to update Pokemon Bank.
Initial launches of a new service of Pokemon Bank is usually faulty.

During XY first launch, they didn't do hack checking thorough enough,
people hacked their BW/B2W2 Pokemon to possess XY game ID, transfer it,
and it obtains the Blue Pentagon, which definitely drove people nuts.

At that point, there was no 3DS public hacking (not sure cyber gadget was a thing at that point, but CFW was practically non-existent).

Its hard for them to find every loophole on a tight schedule when the community is too "innovative and creative" in doing workarounds.

Anything bad you wanna do, do it now before it gets updated, for research purposes ;P

6 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Could be HM restriction, once again.

Did anything else with HMs pass?

I'll do some researches and communicate the ones don't pass

So don't pass:

-Glitch Mew

-Surf Pikachu

-Payday Mewtwo

-Over lv100 Pokemon (lol)

-Pokemon from Gen 2 can pass only if moveset corresponds

-Debug Mew

-Unused trade Mew

-YOSHIRB Mew

@theSLAYER I've done a lot of discoveries but it's not over yet ^^

Edited by jojo12100
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Could be HM restriction, once again.

Did anything else with HMs pass?

It could also be you can't actually obtain a Surfing Pikachu legally in the VC games. Even though you could restore a save with a legit one, as far as Nintendo are concerned that shouldn't be possible.

Trying a Pokemon with a HM would confirm either way though i'd imagine.

6 minutes ago, jojo12100 said:

Anyway, is there a way to do working Pokemon Bank with cia versions of Sun/Moon in Gateway? Like that I'll be able to test Pokemon Green transfer.

Erm, Pokemon Bank works fine with these.
I think the only issue it'll have is it won't read NDS saves from flashcarts (of course, lol, different save partition per se and NDS flash carts don't identify as Pokemon)

Just now, theSLAYER said:

Erm, Pokemon Bank works fine with these.
I think the only issue it'll have is it won't read NDS saves from flashcarts (of course, lol, different save partition per se and NDS flash carts don't identify as Pokemon)

I ask because I have exclusive and event pokemon in my green rom but pokemon bank doesn't seem to work with my sun/moon versions

2 minutes ago, jojo12100 said:

I ask because I have exclusive and event pokemon in my green rom but pokemon bank doesn't seem to work with my sun/moon versions

To say the least, Pokemon Bank ran my Freeshop OR and X, haven't really tested on Sun Moon.
If it's any consolation, I've been using my US cart on my Japanese Console, this whole time.
(I'm running Luma)

What type of error are you getting, specifically?
Have you updated bank yet?

In regards to my last post (thought I'd update anyone who was mildly interested), it turns out shiny Mew from Old Sea Map can be traded, but it can't learn Defog + Softboiled (even though that *should* be legal/possible). The shiny events Yveltal and Xerneas however won't go through trade, even though they are legitimate events and even for people who've obtained them themselves, untouched. I'm guessing the game considers these 2 Pokemon "shiny locked".

Let me know if anyone has had any contrary experience. As someone else has suggested in this thread, it would seem Nintendo still needs to update/fix certain things, such as Gen 1 VC transfer methods and update legality checkers for both PokeTransfer and Wi-Fi trading.

• Like 1

Hello jojo12100.

I can see you have tested catching a Gen 1 Pokémon in G/S/C, traded using the Time Capsule, tryed and it failed to transfer.

But what if we catch a Pokémon in R/B/Y, trade and use it in G/S/C, trade back (without any unlearnable moves in Gen 1) and transfer that? Would love to know if it transfers successfully.

If VC GSC turn out to never be a thing (I'm a little hopefull with the recent Data Mines tho), this would be a way to play Gen 2 with Pokémon we could actually get to SM.

6 minutes ago, Kapuxa_Blaziken said:

But what if we catch a Pokémon in R/B/Y, trade and use it in G/S/C, trade back (without any unlearnable moves in Gen 1) and transfer that? Would love to know if it transfers successfully.

It works, but it's useless because the EV becomes 0 and there's a moveset checker so don't expect learn new moves to gen1 pokemon.