Pokemon Bank Update

jojo12100

Hi,

so today thanks to Nintendo HK we got the first informations about Pokemon Bank update

and you know what? News are bad, really.

Our Gen1 Pokemon when transfer will get their Nature randomized, IV too apparently, but they can have Hidden Ability (if Machamp is just HA players will cry) and got a Gameboy Mark.

There is also a lot of improvements for the Pokedex and that's a good but useless news.

Sources: NintendoHK, Serebii.

I don't think any of that is bad.

1. Gameboy mark is probably always there based on game they came from, like how XYORAS Pokemon have Pentagon
2. Nature and IV randomized makes sense, since those mechanics did not exist, so they needed to find one way to be implemented
3. Possible HA -> I've been looking forward to this.
4. National Dex on Pokemon Bank -> Since there may not be Nat dex on SM, and this was announced to be in the works, its the least bit surprising.

What would you have considered to be good news?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, jojo12100 said:

Well a good news for me will be:

1 Possibility of shiny confirmed,

2 Date of the release annonced,

3 IV set in order to preserve the stats.

I was hoping the DV -> Shiny conversation is retained,
but since the games don't show shininess, there might not be Shiny conversations until GEN II VC.

They have yet to say Pokemon Bank is postponed beyond Late Jan, so I'm not that worried about it.

Problem is DV and IVs are completely different form of calculations,
and imagine all Pokemon having their HP IV tied to other IVs (because if they were to scale the conversion, that's how broken it'll be),
so I rather them just have them randomized.
We can always get perfect IVs through Hyper Training anyways..

I'll imagine that no Effort Value gets transferred (cause once again, how different they are)

also, were images of other Pokemon besides Mewtwo was shown?
I would imagine the 3 perfect IV may only be locked to legendaries.
edit: doesn't seem to be locked to only legendaries.

http://www.nintendo.com.hk/pressrelease/3ds_20170124_pokemon_bank_update.htm

Edit 2:
" 從對應Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console(虛擬主機)的軟體『ポケットモンスター 赤・緑・青・ピカチュウ』送出的寶可夢(Pokémon)們似乎天生擁有很高的能力。 "

The gist is, Pokemon transferred from VC Pokemon seems to have high stats

The article states that release date is Late Jan 2017.
(so basically, no change in that regard)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theSLAYER said:

I was hoping the DV -> Shiny conversation is retained,
but since the games don't show shininess, there might not be Shiny conversations until GEN II VC.

They have yet to say Pokemon Bank is postponed beyond Late Jan, so I'm not that worried about it.

Problem is DV and IVs are completely different form of calculations,
and imagine all Pokemon having their HP IV tied to other IVs (because if they were to scale the conversion, that's how broken it'll be),
so I rather them just have them randomized.
We can always get perfect IVs through Hyper Training anyways..

I'll imagine that no Effort Value gets transferred (cause once again, how different they are)

also, were images of other Pokemon besides Mewtwo was shown?
I would imagine the 3 perfect IV may only be locked to legendaries.
edit: doesn't seem to be locked to only legendaries.

http://www.nintendo.com.hk/pressrelease/3ds_20170124_pokemon_bank_update.htm

Edit 2:
" 從對應Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console(虛擬主機)的軟體『ポケットモンスター 赤・緑・青・ピカチュウ』送出的寶可夢(Pokémon)們似乎天生擁有很高的能力。 "

The gist is, Pokemon transferred from VC Pokemon seems to have high stats

The article states that release date is Late Jan 2017.
(so basically, no change in that regard)

But if nor IV nor EV are retained the interest of transfer is highly reduced (exclusive moves such as Fissure Machamp, event Mew, maybe high stats).

I'm not very confident for Gen II VC since Masuda's declarations about it "We have no plan for it" whereas DP Remake was leaked by Miyamoto undirectly in November.

Edit: Please not just Box1 for Poketransporter, it'll be annoying to move Pokemon in Gen1 Boxes !!!!

Edit2: Gen II VGC confirmed today, my bad. See my other thread.

Edited by jojo12100

As someone who loves the National Dex, I was really hoping the NatDex in PokeBank wouldn't be restricted behind the Bank's paywall. This news says you won't have to deposit the pokemon to fill the NatDex, just have the cartridge inserted, so that's great news to me. Not that I can't pay for it, I was just looking at it long term when the 3DS is an old gen console and not used as much anymore, and it may not be worth paying the Bank fee, or even when/if 3DS Bank support is dropped.

I'm still disappointed that the NatDex isn't actually in SM(and likely all future games), but a patch is still theoretically possible. It'd be an easy patch, though still unlikely it'll happen, otherwise it probably would've been there from the start. At least it makes me much less inclined to create an all Gen7-native living dex like I slaved over for months in 2014 for Gen6(partially for the gold crowns). Not like I have time for that anymore anyway. Just an Alola Dex living dex this generation will suffice.

@jojo12100

How did Miyamoto hint at DP remakes? I must've missed that.

Edited by Deoxyz

Yeah, but Boxes transfer is likely better than PC transfer.
Or at least let us choose which Box to transfer from.

Where's your post on the DP remake leak and Gen II VC?

Yeah I was hoping nat dex would be on SM too, it'll be annoying to have it stuck behind Pokemon Bank.

What if 3DS servers go down (which seems to happen eventually, like NDS servers at the end of the line)

2 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Yeah, but Boxes transfer is likely better than PC transfer.
Or at least let us choose which Box to transfer from.

Where's your post on the DP remake leak and Gen II VC?

Yeah I was hoping nat dex would be on SM too, it'll be annoying to have it stuck behind Pokemon Bank.

What if 3DS servers go down (which seems to happen eventually, like NDS servers at the end of the line)

So Here for Gen II VC and for Miyamoto it was a tweet he did I'm trying to find it but it's not really easy.

@theSLAYER

The NDS servers had something to do with Nintendo's server provider going out of business, and iirc, the NDS games weren't coded to be able to connect with a different server.

Iirc, they made the 3DS flexible with servers so something like that won't happen again. Though I'm sure it's bound to happen eventually. I don't see Nintendo supporting 3DS internet 15 or 20 years from now.

I also meant to quite jojo12100 in my previous post, not sure how I quoted you. Fixed.

Edited by Deoxyz
  • Like 1

I wish they would take info on if it's possible to get a shiny if it had would've been in gen 2. Until actual release I'm going to assume it's possible due to the logic that eventually gen 2 VC is going to be released and have shiny pokemon and they're not stupid enough to think no one is going to trade the shiny Gyarados to gen 1 (possibly to do the shiny Ditto glitch) which has a official stance of not losing Gen 2 shiny status of returned then doing the back transfer of the Gyarados directly from gen 1. Could you imagine the complaining on social media if it came through to gen 7 as a regular Pokemon.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sabresite said:

Copy your saved game so you don't lose anything and find out.  I won't believe for a second (without good source & preferably video proof) that they would allow a mew to be shiny.

I do plan on testing it out since I have a couple shiny Gyarados (only plan on transferring one though) from two Silver play throughs and some shiny Dittos from the gen 1 glitch that I plan on transferring. (I have a EMS flash cart and mega memory card so I look forward to having my ACTUAL first shiny in the new games)

Sadly I have no expectation of the glitch Mew being allowed through Bank and the official new event ones are guaranteed perfect stats in gen 1 so definitely not shiny. So I expect no shiny Mew's. Although I would praise Nintendo if they went against all precedent and allowed glitch Mew's through Bank.

On that note I wonder how people with the new event Mews are going to feel if the know perfect stat Mew gets transferred and ends up with randomized IV's with only 3 perfect.

9 minutes ago, shadowofdarkness said:

I do plan on testing it out since I have a couple shiny Gyarados (only plan on transferring one though) from two Silver play throughs and some shiny Dittos from the gen 1 glitch that I plan on transferring. (I have a EMS flash cart and mega memory card so I look forward to having my ACTUAL first shiny in the new games)

Sadly I have no expectation of the glitch Mew being allowed through Bank and the official new event ones are guaranteed perfect stats in gen 1 so definitely not shiny. So I expect no shiny Mew's. Although I would praise Nintendo if they went against all precedent and allowed glitch Mew's through Bank.

On that note I wonder how people with the new event Mews are going to feel if the know perfect stat Mew gets transferred and ends up with randomized IV's with only 3 perfect.

Can glitch Mew be transfer? In my opinion yes they will because there is no way to see differences with official one except yes the perfect IV, but if they do so they have to make it more commun.

Can these Mew be shiny? It's not impossible if IV are random.

Will shiny Pokemon stay shiny? Hum, I don't think so but maybe?

@Sabresite PkHex will be updated for sure to support this and will at the end do the conversion itself.

42 minutes ago, Sabresite said:

Copy your saved game so you don't lose anything and find out.  I won't believe for a second (without good source & preferably video proof) that they would allow a mew to be shiny.

I intend to import a big bunch of Pokemon..

Also, the Gameboy mark is signified via Origin Game ID, not by any sort of trash/hidden bit.

Just now, jojo12100 said:

Can glitch Mew be transfer? In my opinion yes they will because there is no way to see differences with official one except yes the perfect IV, but if they do so they have to make it more commun.

There are other differences, namely OT and Nickname trashbytes/terminators,
that can't normally be obtained in game.

Only way to get that correct mew is to import the exact ones we have contributed.

2 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

There are other differences, namely OT and Nickname trashbytes/terminators,
that can't normally be obtained in game.

Only way to get that correct mew is to import the exact ones we have contributed.

Don't think OT and Nickname will play during transfer.

Think about previous Poketransfer: it checks the moves, the 'legality', the game it was obtained, if it's an event or not. But the system is not very restrictive, except for Illegal moveset.

Yes, I know the mew contributed is the only official but except in Japan where it was easy to find, the only way to get it in Europe and USA was a very very restrictive event at the launch of Pokemon Sun/Moon in England. It's much too restrictive!

Don't think OT and Nickname will play during transfer.

Think about previous Poketransfer: it checks the moves, the 'legality', the game it was obtained, if it's an event or not. But the system is not very restrictive, except for Illegal moveset.

Yes, I know the mew contributed is the only official but except in Japan where it was easy to find, the only way to get it in Europe and USA was a very very restrictive event at the launch of Pokemon Sun/Moon in England. It's much too restrictive!

Doesn't mean they'll allow Glitch Mew to transfer.
Previous glitched Pokemon didn't transfer.

They didn't even allow Shiny Jirachi, which can be obtained legit, to transfer. Now that's restrictive.

They did totally erase Nickname, but they could easily check OT..

They could always check OT, then do the transfer, that ain't that tough.

Well, I stand to be corrected..

9 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Doesn't mean they'll allow Glitch Mew to transfer.
Previous glitched Pokemon didn't transfer.

They didn't even allow Shiny Jirachi, which can be obtained legit, to transfer. Now that's restrictive.

They did totally erase Nickname, but they could easily check OT..

They could always check OT, then do the transfer, that ain't that tough.

Well, I stand to be corrected..

Don't fight us for predictions just wait 7 days and we'll know.

But I think about the real bad buzz they'll have if restrictions are tough.

And they don't want another bad buzz for Pokemon Bank, that can explain the delay of the release too, they want solid servers.

Edit: Because bad buzz is bad for business and remember money rules the Pokemon world ^^

Edited by jojo12100

Don't fight us for predictions just wait 7 days and we'll know.

But I think about the real bad buzz they'll have if restrictions are tough.

And they don't want another bad buzz for Pokemon Bank, that can explain the delay of the release too, they want solid servers.

haha indeed, indeed.
Well, it'll make sense for it to be in place, since it'll make it extra special for those lucky guys who won the lucky draw.
(The japanese one was easier, just buy a unit lol)

8 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

haha indeed, indeed.
Well, it'll make sense for it to be in place, since it'll make it extra special for those lucky guys who won the lucky draw.
(The japanese one was easier, just buy a unit lol)

One day I should shoot a video to explain how bad is the event distribution policy for the reputation of ThePokemonCompany.

Discrimination, Inequalities, Frustration, it gives the exact opposit of what they want to do.

Yes Wi-Fi events are better but in fact it just discriminates the poorest and disconnected people.

And they have the same policy problem with fan-made games, glitches and other reappropriations of their universe!

Edited by jojo12100