Unreleased Prototype Pokemon

jojo12100

• 3 weeks later...

Is it possible to obtain the Pure Flying Type Taillow????

On 3/23/2017 at 10:45 AM, jojo12100 said:

I tried my best to recreate the Keckleon and the Sharpedo from the 2002 Demo but their base stats were not the same at this time+ Sharpedo didn't have an Ability at this time too.

352 - カクレオン - 6515FE2BAD2B.pk3 80 B · 193 downloads

319 - サメハ - 6B8407B5FDD3.pk3 80 B · 213 downloads

what about the flying type only taillow?

51 minutes ago, pharohzeke said:

Is it possible to obtain the Pure Flying Type Taillow????

You can't change the type of a Pokemon, that's determined by the ROM. Even if you catch Tailow in an early version of the games, where it only had the Flying type, it would become Normal/Flying after importing it in your game.

You could still create a ROM hack that removes the Normal type from Tailow though.

21 hours ago, BlackShark said:

You can't change the type of a Pokemon, that's determined by the ROM. Even if you catch Tailow in an early version of the games, where it only had the Flying type, it would become Normal/Flying after importing it in your game.

You could still create a ROM hack that removes the Normal type from Tailow though.

21 hours ago, BlackShark said:

I'd still like the file though, was it ever obtained???

On 3/23/2017 at 10:45 AM, jojo12100 said:

I tried my best to recreate the Keckleon and the Sharpedo from the 2002 Demo but their base stats were not the same at this time+ Sharpedo didn't have an Ability at this time too.

352 - カクレオン - 6515FE2BAD2B.pk3 80 B · 193 downloads

319 - サメハ - 6B8407B5FDD3.pk3 80 B · 213 downloads

what about the flying type only taillow?

On 5/31/2017 at 9:16 PM, jojo12100 said:

You only encounter them when you watch the movie. You can keep only 4 movies in memory.

Then just dump the wild pokemon. There are 35 to upload.

Edit: Here the Doors from my sav

Door1D.pkm 136 B · 73 downloads

Door2D.pkm 136 B · 76 downloads

Edit2: And F00(4)

F004D.pkm

These two are Fletchinder and Talonflame but for some reason they are mainly vaild for gen 5, how is that even possible when they are made in Gen 6?

On 5/31/2017 at 9:16 PM, jojo12100 said:

You only encounter them when you watch the movie. You can keep only 4 movies in memory.

Then just dump the wild pokemon. There are 35 to upload.

Edit: Here the Doors from my sav

Door1D.pkm 136 B · 73 downloads

Door2D.pkm 136 B · 76 downloads

Edit2: And F00(4)

F004D.pkm

they open improperly in Pkhex  gen 6

On 4/6/2022 at 2:01 AM, SwagKey said:

Ran into another shiny in Emerald's Battle Pyramid and caught using a glitch to bring balls in there.

356 ★ - DUSCLOPS - 59ECA37B8A9E.pk3 100 B · 4 downloads

Here's some potential projects to get this going again.

-In-game trades from the Spaceworld '99 demos. They're different from the final releases in some way or another.

-The rest of the rental Pokemon from Stadium 2

-The unreleased Shadow Makuhita, Misdreavus, and Spoink from Colosseum

-The mons from the SWSH and Let's Go betas

Tell me more about in-game trades of Spaceworld 1999; I've seen no information about them except "The Pokéfan who trades you a Rapidash asks for a Kadabra instead of a Gloom" and "Still one the topic of friends, the Onix, Aerodactyl, and Rapidash you get from in-game trades are also all female, instead of male."

More interesting can be "The Goldenrod Game Corner offers a Vulpix instead of an Ekans (Gold), and a Growlithe instead of a Sandshrew (Silver).".

Is it really possible to get that Unreleased Shadow Makuhita, Misdreavus and Spoink?

037 - ロコン - B974.pk2 058 - ガーディ - C41F.pk2 078 - カケアシ - D872.pk2 095 - ブルブル - 9F54.pk2 142 - プッチー - 37E6.pk2

• 2 months later...
On 2/11/2018 at 7:05 PM, jojo12100 said:

I found that surfing archives and I need an expertise :

The fact it was in Japanese and used the good beta safari song can be postive points but the wild Porygon2, Scizor or Aerodactyl are clearly not for me.

I also send an email to the discover of the unused Entei and a request in GlitchCity.

Is it possible to load all this content on a GSC rom???

• 2 months later...

Not exactly unused Pokémon, but I believe I have found team info for two unused trainers (DAGUR and EVAT) for Pokémon Colosseum in the Colosseum Battle -> Solo Battle -> Mt. Battle Vs 100 -> Double Battle option while using a registered team from a GBA save. While running tests on my PKX Extraction application I kept finding the same 12 Pokémon in the RAM stored between the NPC trainers team and the story mode party team. Initially I thought it was an error where the application will sometimes recognize data that isn't a Pokémon as a Pokémon for games without a checksum. However, when the application makes an error like that the Pokémon usually has a garbage nickname or OT and a random assortment of moves with other aspects of the Pokémon not being correct. In this case all of the Pokémon data is valid (though not legal) with no viable garbage data. Additionally, the trainers names do not match any known trainer within the games as far as I can find on Serebii and Bulbapedia. This has lead me to believe these two Pokémon parties belong to unused trainers for this battle mode in the Colosseum. 

Usused Trainers.zip

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

As much as I prefer to not necropost, this is kind of a big deal. We missed out on a treasure trove of content.

There's four debug builds of Gen 7 games out there with a metric ton of functions to pick from. They require some tinkering to boot and work, but there a lot to gather here. I've only looked into the earliest one, but later versions apparently fixed some options that crashed in earlier ones.

Unfortunately, it reboots back to the main debug menu after any sort of battle and the game crashes if it tries to save in any way. I would have at least dumped a few mons before posting this, but I don't know how to dump RAM from Citra for extraction.

cx.png

23 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

You shouldn’t have the game to run. For anyone else that somehow has them properly, in order to RAM dump on Citra, just use Task Manager to dump the memory of Citra when the game is running

Oh, really? I didn't know about that! With that I managed to finally get the memory dumps I needed!

Unfortunately, the RAM to PKX extractors I use don't seem to work for these. Is there another possible tool I can use?

1 hour ago, SwagKey said:

Oh, really? I didn't know about that! With that I managed to finally get the memory dumps I needed!

Unfortunately, the RAM to PKX extractors I use don't seem to work for these. Is there another possible tool I can use?

The tool was never fully tested for gen 7 as I couldn’t get RAM dumps for the generation. It could also be likely that the Pokémon could be in a slightly different format.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Poke J said:

The tool was never fully tested for gen 7 as I couldn’t get RAM dumps for the generation. It could also be likely that the Pokémon could be in a slightly different format.

Or derp, I thought it would work with the debuts as it is. With minor tweaks should be possible. I was able to get Gen 9 mons dumped from a RAM, by changing Gen 8 format to Gen 9 >< (which wasn’t a major change.

Also yeah, perhaps the debugs had different formats. Able to extract stuff from the saves @SwagKey?

50 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Or derp, I thought it would work with the debuts as it is. With minor tweaks should be possible. I was able to get Gen 9 mons dumped from a RAM, by changing Gen 8 format to Gen 9 >< (which wasn’t a major change.

Also yeah, perhaps the debugs had different formats. Able to extract stuff from the saves @SwagKey?

On 7/6/2023 at 4:07 PM, SwagKey said:

Unfortunately, it reboots back to the main debug menu after any sort of battle and the game crashes if it tries to save in any way. I would have at least dumped a few mons before posting this, but I don't know how to dump RAM from Citra for extraction.

So yeah, RAM extractions are the only option unless someone manages to fix those issues.

15 minutes ago, SwagKey said:

So yeah, RAM extractions are the only option unless someone manages to fix those issues.

maybe to start with, look for something (like your OT Name) in the RAM, and try to 'make a save' from that RAM dump, and align and compare against a regular save, to see if everything matches up. Then, you can try to compare if the pk7 format is different. Or maybe find a way to trade to a regular game, if possible.

1 hour ago, theSLAYER said:

Despite not being rested with an actual ram dump I imagine it should dump gen 7 (as long as the formate matches 7’s formate) because I test it with a file filled with garbage data that have encrypted Pokémon data inserted randomly throughout.

20 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

maybe to start with, look for something (like your OT Name) in the RAM, and try to 'make a save' from that RAM dump, and align and compare against a regular save, to see if everything matches up. Then, you can try to compare if the pk7 format is different. Or maybe find a way to trade to a regular game, if possible.

I'll see what I can do. Is there a writeup somewhere about the save structure and hex values for letters in your name? I was going to start with an OT name search.

3 hours ago, SwagKey said:

I'll see what I can do. Is there a writeup somewhere about the save structure and hex values for letters in your name? I was going to start with an OT name search.

I’d doubt there is a write up about the structure as a whole since this is beta stuff. HXD is good for this since it shows the hex and what the corresponding characters are. Names in gen 7 are stored with the hex value of the actual characters. As such a name like Bob would have the text stored as B.o.b. in the characters.

5 hours ago, SwagKey said:

Can't help with documentation for the debug games, but here's the Gen 7 documentation (save offsets) for retail saves.

https://github.com/kwsch/PKHeX/blob/c666183e6c19430667cc854716cce4f0d2293504/PKHeX.Core/Saves/SAV7.cs#L198-L264

Compare against your own save, do OT search and try to align the debug RAM dump and see if anything becomes out of place.
I reckon the easiest would using a combination of OT name, and Box names.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my gosh, I finally cracked it.

Turns out the issue where saving crashes was due to the debug not generating a save file on boot unlike the retail games. Once I imported my save file for base game Moon it now saves correctly with no issues! Battles still reset the game, but at least I can finally contribute some of these enigmatic mons.

Here's the four mons you start with in the earliest of the debugs. The later ones have their own unique debug Pokemon so I'll have to look at those too.

003 - Venusaur - 0052C13272B0.pk7 005 - Charmeleon - 34DC20962A23.pk7 007 - Squirtle - 5E27935010BD.pk7 025 - Pikachu - 0EF8958FC86D.pk7

Edited by SwagKey

• 3 months later...
On 9/30/2022 at 2:53 PM, Poke J said:

Not exactly unused Pokémon, but I believe I have found team info for two unused trainers (DAGUR and EVAT) for Pokémon Colosseum in the Colosseum Battle -> Solo Battle -> Mt. Battle Vs 100 -> Double Battle option while using a registered team from a GBA save. While running tests on my PKX Extraction application I kept finding the same 12 Pokémon in the RAM stored between the NPC trainers team and the story mode party team. Initially I thought it was an error where the application will sometimes recognize data that isn't a Pokémon as a Pokémon for games without a checksum. However, when the application makes an error like that the Pokémon usually has a garbage nickname or OT and a random assortment of moves with other aspects of the Pokémon not being correct. In this case all of the Pokémon data is valid (though not legal) with no viable garbage data. Additionally, the trainers names do not match any known trainer within the games as far as I can find on Serebii and Bulbapedia. This has lead me to believe these two Pokémon parties belong to unused trainers for this battle mode in the Colosseum. 

Usused Trainers.zip 3.96 kB · 40 downloads

While making some adjustments (fixing a bug) to the RAM Extraction application I believe I found 2 more unused trainers in the Colosseum Battle -> Solo Battle -> Mt. Battle Vs 100 -> Double Battle option. My reasons for believing these are unused trainers are the same as outlined in my previous post which I quoted to make reference easier. The first of these trainers is LEINE which yes there is a LEINE in Mt. Battle story mode, but that trainer is female where this one is male and both have different teams. The second trainer is EMOK which uses 2 Makuhita one of which is a shadow Makuhita which is different from the one you snag. EMOK also is not the name of the trainer which you snag Makuhita from. I have attached an updated file of all unused trainers that I have found so far.

Usused Trainers.zip