Unreleased Prototype Pokemon

jojo12100

So I started a new game in XD and as expected no tutorial.

Really think that this shadow (if it exists) comes from a prototype/demo version.

For example the intro is longer in demo than in final game and even longer in japanese commercial.

• Like 1

I wait for the source to answer me for Shadow Loudred.

So I decided instead to begin Bonsly transfer.

It'll not be as simple as just a species ID swap as I expected.

For the moment I succeded to transfer again Bonsly to Pokemon Emerald and as expected this pokemon is not allowed to be transfered.

However if during the trainer boxes preview the gen4 game is reading it with gen4 hex table it could be possible. Edit: No it's totally reading datas as of pk3 and then convert them!

Another way is to swap datas of Bonsly with Sudowoodo for example before (in XD for example) than transfer it in gen4 and swaped it again.

Think that it'll surely be the only way unfortunately.

So method 2 is working (not thanks to Pkhex which corrupted many times my save) however I'm not satisfied with it.

I though of a new method: bypass PalPark migration restrictions and then switch Pokemon ID like Method2.

Will it change something for the final result? I don't know.

I'm afraid of the Decamark corruptions too(type and pokemon ability). Maybe the 2nd method is the best at final?

PalParkBonsly.JPG

Edit: Munchlax is a nightmare in comparison to do. You'll need a HackRom that will generates one then do your self the initial swap without PkmGCSave for which this Pokemon should not exist (but it does). Maybe with @StarsMmd 's help?

1 hour ago, Halfshadow said:

Then theorically you could breed a Mewtwo or Mew egg? And maybe if Mewtwo and Ditto are the parents from the egg could hatch Mew?

Pension doesn't work (like a ton of other fonctions) so we'll never know but I guess MewtwoM and MewtwoF would give Mewtwo eggs and Ditto would give Ditto eggs too.

In fact the only special case I've seen is Bulu (proto-Snubull 100%female).

Also the fact proto-Sneasel, proto-Snubull, proto-Aipom, Togepi, Ho-oh and proto-Leafon almost never appear randomly in debug mode (but I remember I got one day a proto-Leafon and a proto-Sneasel) is something weird, quite illogical. I mean I've met 15 Mew in 300+ tries. If someome dumped proto-Leafon lv5 from random debug PC I'm in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Halfshadow said:

If there are the eggs, I think that there is also a function to breed, even if isn't accessible yet. Or should be implemented to discovery if there were different rules about legendaries breeding. :)

Good luck to find it, I will be very interested by these discoveries however ^^

I'm actually working on XD Munchlax and o god that's hard!

41 minutes ago, Halfshadow said:

For now I'm interested on the bases, then restore the save/continue, healing/pc and KO functions. You're still looking into?

I quickly tried but it's over my actual skills, I'm focusing on XD Muchlax for the moment then I'll surely take a look again on Illusion Forest Beasts.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, jojo12100 said:

Also the fact proto-Sneasel, proto-Snubull, proto-Aipom, Togepi, Ho-oh and proto-Leafon almost never appear randomly in debug mode (but I remember I got one day a proto-Leafon and a proto-Sneasel) is something weird, quite illogical. I mean I've met 15 Mew in 300+ tries. If someome dumped proto-Leafon lv5 from random debug PC I'm in.

bgb00011.png.47329ce516a724fd80eea4eca201ea5b.pngbgb00010.png.52ad7cd5ceaa8fc84e270a7f0be952d0.png

I didn't get a "Johtan" Leafeon through resetting, but I ended up getting these instead...on the same save file no less!

In the process I saw one shiny Flambear, two shiny Cruz (including the one pictured above), and a shiny "Johtan" Noctowl in the PC.

Here's the "demo shiny" Slowbro I got after trading to Japanese Blue.

080 - ヤドラン - 89B3.pk1

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, SwagKey said:

bgb00011.png.47329ce516a724fd80eea4eca201ea5b.pngbgb00010.png.52ad7cd5ceaa8fc84e270a7f0be952d0.png

I didn't get a "Johtan" Leafeon through resetting, but I ended up getting these instead...on the same save file no less!

In the process I saw one shiny Flambear, two shiny Cruz (including the one pictured above), and a shiny "Johtan" Noctowl in the PC.

Here's the "demo shiny" Slowbro I got after trading to Japanese Blue.

080 - ヤドラン - 89B3.pk1

As you can see I soft reseted using Vba so I probably missed lots of shinies during this.

Be sure to keep your shinies datas.

I'm pretty sure (because of probability laws) the Leafeon I remember was from Battle debug menu and not PC reset. Same for proto-Sneasel.

I got fun to transfer proto-Tangrowth, proto-Mime Jr and proto-Lickilicky to SMUSUM yesterday.

2 hours ago, jojo12100 said:

As you can see I soft reseted using Vba so I probably missed lots of shinies during this.

Be sure to keep your shinies datas.

I'm pretty sure (because of probability laws) the Leafeon I remember was from Battle debug menu and not PC reset. Same for proto-Sneasel.

I got fun to transfer proto-Tangrowth, proto-Mime Jr and proto-Lickilicky to SMUSUM yesterday.

Yeah, you should probably swap over to the BGB emulator if you want more accurate things in the demo. It's recommended by the fan translators after all.

I'll try to see what I can do about the battle debug if that's how you got those last few proto mons.

If it's worth anything, I also heard that the unused Burned Tower Entei event exists in the demo somewhere, but with the drastically different region I can't determine where that would match up with the final. Even then, with the lack of scripts outside the demo area it would probably be impossible anyway.

bgb00014.png.0bc08ca186f24d7c49d9e07c78f290d9.pngbgb00016.png.b4b4f921603afd20c9dd131908e1d4df.pngbgb00015.png.4cc801a1141f2bf3b1a147b7a1f7dd00.pngbgb00013.png.34b12ca6a2c9fed5b1ab263946d2c7df.pngbgb00012.png.149b1339a5bcb644bf192a9d8b0b52f2.png 

I was searching for a demo shiny Pikachu and got these instead. Thanks to a glitch involving Sketch I couldn't afford to waste a turn attacking Smeargle.

Here's the three demo shiny Oddish and the demo shiny Raticate after trading to Japanese Blue.

020 - ラッタ - FCEC.pk1

043 - ナゾノクサ - 65F4.pk1

043 - ナゾノクサ - 766E.pk1

043 - ナゾノクサ - AFDC.pk1

• 3 weeks later...

Very interesting interview of Masuda where he spoke about working connectivity between Let's Go and Gen8 regreting the lake of compatibility between gen2 and gen3.

I sent him a tweet about Pokemon Bank issues (VC Odd Eggs, Underleved ...) for that (in case of ^^)

He also announced a way to get Alolan forms in Let's Go without Go (probably with gen7 connectivity like GBA cardrige in Gen4).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jojo12100 said:

He also announced a way to get Alolan forms in Let's Go without Go

Wait, he did? (IIRC they originally mentioned PGO to be the only way to get Alolan forms, but I might be mistaken)
what's the source to this, I haven't seen other site publish that tidbit.
Also, is there any other info there?

2 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Wait, he did? (IIRC they originally mentioned PGO to be the only way to get Alolan forms, but I might be mistaken)
what's the source to this, I haven't seen other site publish that tidbit.
Also, is there any other info there?

I read the french 'translation' but it could be better to get the original source (but I don't read Japanese unfortunately).

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Despite giving actually my time to PGo exclusive moves quest I don't forget that thread, I mean I want to find the key of the mystery of Illusion Forest shinies for example.

I recently found that which is very interesting: beta Gen1 Pokemon (including a weird Farfetch'd?), beta Rhydon riding concept (which will only occur in gen 6!).

BetaGen1.png

BetaRiding.png

• 4 weeks later...

This is a little bit off topic here, but I think I figured out why some Pokemon is GSC have Charm as an egg move.

If you look in the Spaceworld demo's disassembly and go to Level Up movesets it reveals that both Cubone and Marowak could learn Charm at the time! From a technical standpoint then, if breeding was implemented in the demo, you could breed with them to get Charm on Bulbasaur and Snorlax, then for Oddish you just chain breed with the Charm Bulbasaur.

What's not answered though is why some are version exclusive. :/

By the way, I also heard that in the MYSTRY Mew save file there was a Blastoise registered in the Hall of Fame. You think it would be possible to recreate it? Sounds like an interesting project.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, SwagKey said:

By the way, I also heard that in the MYSTRY Mew save file there was a Blastoise registered in the Hall of Fame. You think it would be possible to recreate it? Sounds like an interesting project.

image.png

this? there's not enough data for a full recreation, but the data is here:
image.png

Given that the TID is same as the one of the save, I assume the SID and OT name matches the save too. [edit SID is part of the 4 bytes described by bulbapedia]
here's the Blastoise:
009 - BLASTOISE - 80E6A63A4715.pk3

edit: I've made the rest (more or less):
103 - EXEGGUTOR - DC316DEEE579.pk3
131 - LAPRAS - 2596B5564942.pk3
016 - PIDGEY - 9E844408BB2D.pk3
052 - MEOWTH - 65688EC25111.pk3
083 - CH'DING - 14EE151943D7.pk3

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, SwagKey said:

This is a little bit off topic here, but I think I figured out why some Pokemon is GSC have Charm as an egg move.

If you look in the Spaceworld demo's disassembly and go to Level Up movesets it reveals that both Cubone and Marowak could learn Charm at the time! From a technical standpoint then, if breeding was implemented in the demo, you could breed with them to get Charm on Bulbasaur and Snorlax, then for Oddish you just chain breed with the Charm Bulbasaur.

What's not answered though is why some are version exclusive. :/

What do you mean by version exclusives?

Also I'm thinking about doing a list of all Demo-exclusive moves.

I recently discovered new Crystal exclusive moves such as Submission Cyndaquil, Crunch Ekans, Reflect HA Mareep or the rarest one HA Horn Attack Piloswine (which can only legitimate be obtained via Stadium 2 Relearner).

2 hours ago, jojo12100 said:

What do you mean by version exclusives?

Didn't you say that Charm Snorlax is exclusive to breeding in Gold and Silver, not Crystal?

On 7/29/2017 at 8:11 PM, jojo12100 said:

Snorlax was painful to get and it s GS exclusive

I've been meaning to post this for a few weeks but real life got in the way.

https://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/information/d2a91700-a97e-46b2-91e7-46f8637f6706

Back on the 24th-25th of September these QR Code rental teams of the top players who attended Worlds 18 were posted to the Global Link site, I dumped the Pokemon using Battle Videos and have placed them in the attached zip file.

Pokémon WCS2018.zip

• Like 1

On 10/15/2018 at 3:11 AM, SwagKey said:

Didn't you say that Charm Snorlax is exclusive to breeding in Gold and Silver, not Crystal?

Yes, same for Charm Bulbasaur and some other Unused Egg moves. And recently I discovered many Crystal exclusive moves

I finished the Demo Exclusive moves and discovered many interesting things such as Sacred Fire Arcanine (Legendary after all according to Pokedex/Anime), Pain Split Chansey/Blissey (Too broken!) ... will add the spreadsheet later.

Speaking of exclusive moves GF decided to show them in Master Trainer trailer: we saw SolarBeam Lapras (gen 1 Exclu), Confusion Blastoise (gen 2 exclu) (or Extrasensory?), Thunderpunch Charizard, Rock Slide Pinsir, Giga Drain Kabutops, Outrage Venusaur and Thunderbolt Gyarados. Can we expect new exclusive moves or move tutors?

Edit: Serebii listed Blastoise Master Move as Dark Pulse.