Unreleased Prototype Pokemon

jojo12100

1 minute ago, jojo12100 said:

Maybe the Charizard Pokerider too?

Good luck anyway ^^

I'm thinking that might also be a needed flag, but as I go through the story until that point I'm going to make multiple backups in case there is some obscure flag.  I do hope that's going to be a simple change in one flag.

• Like 1

I've been gone for a long time as college and work are taking most of my time (and most of my spare time is now spent at keeping up with seasonal animes), but happened to be lurking here last night and saw jojo's request regarding Poké Pelago, so decided to try it out, as I had plenty of research material -- by which I mean hundreds of save backups on a recycle bin that hasn't been emptied in years.
This is what I found out:

• The encounter with Mohn after the fire trial is controlled by event constant 470. When he's ready to show up, its value is 18000, and after he talks to you becomes 18200. However, as I expected beforehand, changing that alone won't do any good, as the menu will lack the Pelago icon even if the event is flagged as done.
  • After a long and extremely tedious search in HxD, found the menu data. Then replaced the values between offsets 4600-462F with this:
Spoiler

9C 27 C5 46 08 E1 A4 46 00 01 02 04 05 06 07 08
09 0A 0B 03 06 00 01 04 AC 00 B6 03 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 0C 14 47 8C FB 4F
^That is, basically, the menu data from a later save, with the Pelago icon on it (lacks the Photo Club icon but let's not waste time on that).

• That enabled a functional Pelago icon on the menu, so I tried it on an even earlier save (before being dragged to the Trainers' School) and worked just fine, got access to Poké Pelago without having even completed the first trial.
  • No Charizard ride flag needs to be manipulated.

So, got these and dumped'em:

Also, these three stayed, so here, in case you want the things to have actual trainer data:

*All of this applies solely to USUM. Haven't checked whether SM is any different or not.

• Like 4

In case you still haven't, I found SM menu data. Took me just a few minutes this time.
Replace the values between offsets 4200-421F with:
0C 00 FF 2F 00 01 02 03 08 07 06 0B 0A 09 05 04
00 00 06 00 01 03 80 00 20 4A 7A 46 97 D9 87 46

That'll make all the icons to appear. However, some of them won't work as the "obtained" flag hasn't been triggered, and that includes the Pelago one, so even with this you'll be unable to access it.
I don't have a SM save near that point to look for the constant, nor the time to get there from a freshly started game, so if you still going through the game, I'll have to leave that part up to you.

PS: Already checked 470, to no avail.

• Like 2

On 2018-04-22 at 9:01 PM, Ruby Genseki said:

In case you still haven't, I found SM menu data. Took me just a few minutes this time.
Replace the values between offsets 4200-421F with:
0C 00 FF 2F 00 01 02 03 08 07 06 0B 0A 09 05 04
00 00 06 00 01 03 80 00 20 4A 7A 46 97 D9 87 46

That'll make all the icons to appear. However, some of them won't work as the "obtained" flag hasn't been triggered, and that includes the Pelago one, so even with this you'll be unable to access it.
I don't have a SM save near that point to look for the constant, nor the time to get there from a freshly started game, so if you still going through the game, I'll have to leave that part up to you.

PS: Already checked 470, to no avail.

I used @Ruby Genseki results on my Sun just shortly after getting the Pokedex and I'm able to access the Pelago normally.  There seems to be no other trigger needed other than making the icon accessible on the menu.  I'm now just waiting to see if any wild Pokemon will appear.

edit:

Wild Pokemon are appearing. It’ll take some time to collect them all.

• Like 1

Fun Fact, despite they cannot be found in the wild the following Pokemon can call for help in USUM: Claydol, Porygon, Shellos, Golurck, Arbok, Kadabra, Dewgong, Forretress, Magneton, Porygon2, Vibrava, Banette, Metang, Drifblim, Herdier, Scrafty, Jellicent, Mienfoo, Malamar, Clauncher, Skrelp, Beheeyem, Flaafy, Palossand, ...

Most of them are evolutions or pre-evolutions of Pokemon that can be found in the wild but this is not the case for Porygon/Porygon2 meaning that they probably previewed wild Porygon in the game during the developpement of the game.

Edited by jojo12100

59 minutes ago, Ruby Genseki said:

This kinda depresses me. I'd kill to be able to legitimately get Porygon line, fossil Pokémon and Type: Null in Beast Balls.

I agree, the Beast Ball has a digital feel when the Pokemon comes out which would be perfect for Porygon.  Also, the Beast Balls design reminds me of something that is more digital that multi dimensional.

So apparently a demo version of Pokemon XD exists on a Multi-Game demo disc, labelled v32:

https://tcrf.net/Interactive_Multi-Game_Demo_Disc_October_2005

I couldn't find any footage of it anywhere, so I don't know if it's just the intro that's playable or something else completely. Even so, maybe we can get something out of it? The preview image shows a Jolteon and Gardevoir after all.

• Time Gear 1

5 hours ago, SwagKey said:

So apparently a demo version of Pokemon XD exists on a Multi-Game demo disc, labelled v32:

I couldn't find any footage of it anywhere, so I don't know if it's just the intro that's playable or something else completely. Even so, maybe we can get something out of it? The preview image shows a Jolteon and Gardevoir after all.

I remember playing this demo as a kid.  I remember you have Gardevoir and for the eeveelution I don’t remember which one.  It probably was Jolteon, but it was the same one for both times that I played it. The demo only had the beginning of Ciphers Key Lair and if I recall the demo ended when you were to go up the stairs to go to the second floor.  However, all of the trainers were different from the actual game.  After that a short promo video played for the game. If I remember correctly there were 4 shadow Pokémon in the game with the first two being handled by two different trainers and the last 2 were with the same trainer (as seen in the picture on the website).  As well, you were given an outrageous amount of Ultra Balls.  Sorry this is the bulk from what I can remember at this time due to this being a long time ago.

7 hours ago, SwagKey said:

Found it, in a video on Youtube, never heard of it in Europe, looks cool, for the moment I can recreate the Parasect and the Gardevoir but if I can get that demo in hand I'll be able to dump them.

@Poke J Are you alright with Sun/Moon Pelago unreleased ones?

4 minutes ago, BlackShark said:

It was on one of those demo discs as well. But I think it's the same as the full game, just cut. It ends after you arrived at Phenac City and saved the person who got kidnapped by Team Snagem.

Could be cool to study it too because of the unreleased Shadow Pokemon (but I guess it's US demo).

Do you have the name of the demo disc please?

15 minutes ago, jojo12100 said:

Could be cool to study it too because of the unreleased Shadow Pokemon (but I guess it's US demo).

Do you have the name of the demo disc please?

I have the European demo version but I think there are US versions as well. These demo discs where available in all regions.

I got the XD demo from the disc SwagKey mentioned aboved, the Colosseum demo was found on the May 2004 demo disc.

• V-Wheeeeeel!!! 1