Unreleased Prototype Pokemon

jojo12100

48 minutes ago, Purin said:

That one (and a couple other ones, such as Blue English, Crystal English, Silver English, Gold German, Silver German, Crystal Spanish) have been on eBay for a couple years now.
They're not actual prototypes though. Just the final retail version on those cartridges.

Thanks for the information ^^

The quest for Totem Pokemon is actually progressing but we still need help for the Demo of Sun/Moon

You have no idea how grateful I am that the next event course you posted a screenshot of only has a max of 1,000 required steps. I'm gonna take a long break between this next one and the Champs path. There's all those other non-event courses to work on as well. 

Pokewalker.png

• Like 1

All because Nintendo didn't dispose of them properly. >.o

Most will be completely unusable in their current state but plenty of people have restored them into working carts so it's not like hope is lost for those. They'll never look as good as untouched ones though.

8 minutes ago, Ammako said:

All because Nintendo didn't dispose of them properly. >.o

Most will be completely unusable in their current state but plenty of people have restored them into working carts so it's not like hope is lost for those. They'll never look as good as untouched ones though.

Yeah I know, it's the usual problem of the preserving of videogames.

Hope that there's no beta/undiscovered/demo in the pack

2 minutes ago, jojo12100 said:

Yeah I know, it's the usual problem of the preserving of videogames.

Hope that there's no beta/undiscovered/demo in the pack

They probably are just copies of the ones that are already on the internet, since supposedly all of the known non-japanese Local Distribution cart's have been dumped.

3 minutes ago, thaleskpl said:

They probably are just copies of the ones that are already on the internet, since supposedly all of the known non-japanese Local Distribution cart's have been dumped.

Maybe, note that South Korea have also specific cardriges (they had exclusive events after all).

Such a waste.

I saw those distro cart pictures a few months ago. I figured it would make buying and collecting them all for people like me a lot easier. It would also explain the Arceus carts I saw online last year. 

Very few people, if any will ever understand how much work went into this. I'll upload 1 of each Pokemon and with mons like Torchic, unfortunately, the only one I have. I'll post the Pokemon and their natures later today most likely and let you guys pick and then the rest, I'm keeping to myself. My fingers hurt and some of these were a nightmare to get. I spent several hours trying to get a single Chatot yesterday for example. I went all the way from 1,000 watts to 5,000+ just to catch one of the little mofo's. 

Edit: I have Bunneary too. I just forgot to update my screenshot. I'll be going for the champs path and Yellow Forest Pokemon as well but you're on your own with those. If my friend can't help me get the GTS course using my English and Japanese SS saves and ALT WFC, I'll wait until I've unlocked every other course and use AR to get them. I don't know if I'll post those since anybody can get those as well. 

Pokewalker.png

Edited by HaxAras
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, thaleskpl said:

I don't think Japan had wireless distro carts (just Slot 2). I know I said it before, but I remember reading that their DS Download Stations were handled by internet connected PCs instead of DS carts (due to being a more internet connected country than the Western ones). It's a safe bet their wireless Pokemon distributions were handled the same way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HaxAras said:

IVery few people, if any will ever understand how much work went into this. I'll upload 1 of each Pokemon and with mons like Torchic, unfortunately, the only one I have. I'll post the Pokemon and their natures later today most likely and let you guys pick and then the rest, I'm keeping to myself. My fingers hurt and some of these were a nightmare to get. I spent several hours trying to get a single Chatot yesterday for example. I went all the way from 1,000 watts to 5,000+ just to catch one of the little mofo's.

Edit: I have Bunneary too. I just forgot to update my screenshot. I'll be going for the champs path and Yellow Forest Pokemon as well but you're on your own with those. If my friend can't help me get the GTS course using my English and Japanese SS saves and ALT WFC, I'll wait until I've unlocked every other course and use AR to get them. I don't know if I'll post those since anybody can get those as well. 

Yellow Forest and Winner Path wondercard were in the PPorg database if you need them.

Note that you can get the GTS Course using an alternate version of GTS (you know by moddiffying DNS ...).

Thank you so much for your effort.

Sorry, this slipped my mind. I decided to take a break from Pokemon and return to achievement hunting and just forgot about my DS. I'll try to do this soon. Hopefully tomorrow. I don't have a schedule so I never know when I will have time to do stuff.  

Edit: I literally take life one moment at a time because every time I make plans, something goes wrong. 

Edited by HaxAras

11 minutes ago, Purin said:

Just remembered that there was also a debug "Testpoké" Wailmer holding a Master Ball in Gen 4, again with Wonder Card text from the Japanese Old Sea Map.

Great. Do we have the OldSeaMap gba rom?

Like Azure Flute if we put it in slot 2 ...

On 20/1/2017 at 3:08 PM, jojo12100 said:

I added the Altering Cave Pokemon.

If anyone have the Pokewalker ones please add it ^^

There's a file in the forums with one of each ENG pokéwalker pkm file.
I wanted to produce the spanish set at some point.

It would be great if the generation method could be REd, then implement it in some android app that tracks steps (or just a pc app that produces them at random).

3 minutes ago, suloku said:

There's a file in the forums with one of each ENG pokéwalker pkm file.
I wanted to produce the spanish set at some point.

It would be great if the generation method could be REd, then implement it in some android app that tracks steps (or just a pc app that produces them at random).

Including the Japanese/Korean exclusive?

6 minutes ago, jojo12100 said:

Including the Japanese/Korean exclusive?

Are you asking about the file? It only has the ENG pokémon. I've found the thread, apparently the uploader also got one of each for the unrelesaed courses.

Thinking more about it, maybe the best solution would be a romhack that triggers the game into generating pokéwalker pokémon when selecting a course, without actually needing a pokéwalker... If I just knew how to RE (not that it means I could do it, but it would help), and I don't think there's lots of interest in gen 4 to RE how the pokewalker works.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, suloku said:

Are you asking about the file? It only has the ENG pokémon. I've found the thread, apparently the uploader also got one of each for the unrelesaed courses.

Thinking more about it, maybe the best solution would be a romhack that triggers the game into generating pokéwalker pokémon when selecting a course, without actually needing a pokéwalker... If I just knew how to RE (not that it means I could do it, but it would help), and I don't think there's lots of interest in gen 4 to RE how the pokewalker works.

Thanks.

To answer your question yes it could be possible for example if we find how the algorithm generates the pokemon but it's out of my actual skills.

Personnaly I'd love to create an Android app that can hatch SM eggs by walking and send special eggs too to the games but I need more studies for that.

Edit: @Purin we don't have it?

Edited by jojo12100

Been searching at smogon and seems someone already researched how pokéwalker generation works... http://www.smogon.com/forums/members/romsstar.33244/

With the propper tools, coding a generator would be possible. What I'm seeing right now is a program that loads your save (to read things like OT name, TID/SID, game of origin, language... then you can select course and pokémon, which gets generated randomly (or not, depending on user's will) from a set of the possible frames.

I guess I should start a new thread for this.

EDIT: this is more complete, seems the japanese did research it thoroughly, a generator should be possible.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/past-gen-rng-research.61090/page-10#post-2634864

• Like 1

Here's the Wailord test wondercard Purin mentioned above. It's in the European Movie 11 Shaymin cart. You can find it in the data.bin file or if you don't unpack the ROM at offset 0x6BD50.

This is it's wondercard text, it says something about it beeing a test wondercard.

ふしぎなおくりものテストだよ

ふなつきばに ふるびたかいずを
もっていくと
さいはてのことうに いけるぞ!
やせいのミュウに あいにいこう!

0011 - ふしぎなおくりものテストだよ.pcd

• Like 4

On 20.1.2017 at 0:50 PM, jojo12100 said:

FunFiesta exclusive mission Pokemon in gen5

I wished there would be a way to obtain these. Would be great if someone obtained them when they were available and could contribute the save file. But i doubt that this will ever happen.

8 minutes ago, zeropain said:

I wished there would be a way to obtain these. Would be great if someone obtained them when they were available and could contribute the save file. But i doubt that this will ever happen.

Unless we found the distribution system they are lost forever because it was a temporary event (sending datas to the RAM), only the caught Pokemon and items remain.