Jump to content

Unlock all funfiesta missions


Recommended Posts

  • 1 year later...
21 minutes ago, RetroGallade said:

I don't know if this research is still going on and you've hit a dead end but I was doing some digging today and I found this video from 2019 showing a distro cart for one of the funfest missions https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoGCK3jND2s

Thanks for sharing! We've seen this video before. Given this person is using a throwaway account and a name that is the same as another active user, it seems pretty clear this fella is trying to hide their own identity and not want to share.

(Heck, we've tried to contact him but gotten no response).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Thanks for sharing! We've seen this video before. Given this person is using a throwaway account and a name that is the same as another active user, it seems pretty clear this fella is trying to hide their own identity and not want to share.

(Heck, we've tried to contact him but gotten no response).

that's unfortunate, someone has the info but they don't want to share anything about it and I doubt we'll ever see one show up on the market.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, jojo12100 said:

The only good news about that is we have now confirmation Event cardriges are in the wild in Japan which means we can hope one day to get our hands on them by one way or another.

that cartridge has been in the wild for years. Probably through a connection or someone living in Japan or something. In any case, here goes waiting another 20 years :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, theSLAYER said:

that cartridge has been in the wild for years. Probably through a connection or someone living in Japan or something. In any case, here goes waiting another 20 years :D

I've never seen any evidence in my previous researches 4 years ago, we didn't even know how that old event worked back in time. Now thanks to your researches and many other people we know exactly what to look after however that is not a good thing too because it can also interest collectors or scammers or fakers :/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, jojo12100 said:

I've never seen any evidence in my previous researches 4 years ago, we didn't even know how that old event worked back in time. Now thanks to your researches and many other people we know exactly what to look after however that is not a good thing too because it can also interest collectors or scammers or fakers :/

This video has popped up periodically over the past year, and Gridelin even left a comment on it.
I'm guessing you missed it :/

Well, from what I can see, the UI seems to appear the same as the standard distro Gen 5 cart.
So perhaps all we had to do was replace the wonder card with the communication signal of a funfest signal on the B2W2. I tried to do that but to no avail.

An alternative would be a RAM code that changes the kind the of mission you're sending out from your B2W2 game, but I've got no clue how to do that.

Given that this video was posted 2 years ago, on a throwaway account, with a name that conflicts with popular poketubers, I can see why the video may be hard to find..
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, theSLAYER said:

This video has popped up periodically over the past year, and Gridelin even left a comment on it.
I'm guessing you missed it :/

Well, from what I can see, the UI seems to appear the same as the standard distro Gen 5 cart.
So perhaps all we had to do was replace the wonder card with the communication signal of a funfest signal on the B2W2. I tried to do that but to no avail.

An alternative would be a RAM code that changes the kind the of mission you're sending out from your B2W2 game, but I've got no clue how to do that.
 

The video can be a way to prove its authenticity from a seller to another.

I studied it earlier and the RAM code won't work because Funfiesta event mission are not in the game so we can only replicate them by switching species from for example the Purugly mission to other ones. But even with emulators and it'll be very hard.

And speaking about the signal it's an IR one, not special from Wondercard. Maybe we should ask help from the guy who hacked Pokewalker?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, jojo12100 said:

The video can be a way to prove its authenticity from a seller to another.

I studied it earlier and the RAM code won't work because Funfiesta event mission are not in the game so we can only replicate them by switching species from for example the Purugly mission to other ones. But even with emulators and it'll be very hard.

And speaking about the signal it's an IR one, not special from Wondercard. Maybe we should ask help from the guy who hacked Pokewalker?

Well, they won't have to post it on youtube. Just video and private DM the file..

Well the text is in the game. We can just replicate the species and the change the identifier.
Changing the species in Single player RAM worked.

Are you certain it's an IR one? In the video, the guy didn't seem to line up the two cartridge ports.. Look pretty wireless to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, theSLAYER said:

Well, they won't have to post it on youtube. Just video and private DM the file..

Well the text is in the game. We can just replicate the species and the change the identifier.
Changing the species in Single player RAM worked.

Are you certain it's an IR one? In the video, the guy didn't seem to line up the two cartridge ports.. Look pretty wireless to me.

We don't know all details about species apart Eeveevolution event (which were many events in fact) and Togetic/Dragonair ... event but they planned a Hoenn one for example. Yeah lots of them were unreleased like the Pokedex one too.

As far as I remember I had to almost stick together my 2 NDS in order to exchange the Purugly mission. But it was a long time ago, maybe you're right.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, jojo12100 said:

We don't know all details about species apart Eeveevolution event (which were many events in fact) and Togetic/Dragonair ... event but they planned a Hoenn one for example. Yeah lots of them were unreleased like the Pokedex one too.

As far as I remember I had to almost stick together my 2 NDS in order to exchange the Purugly mission. But it was a long time ago, maybe you're right.

well, even if details are wrong, being able to send a slightly different mission due to hacks is a good place to start. Right now, we've yet to crack it in any form.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, theSLAYER said:

well, even if details are wrong, being able to send a slightly different mission due to hacks is a good place to start. Right now, we've yet to crack it in any form.

I was able to replicate it via Desmume a long time ago but not alter the datas.

I think you'll have to alter them twice in order to make it work: in the ROM (ex:the Purugly mission gives you Purugly) and the RAM (send Purugly to another game via wireless or IR).

Hope you'll succeed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, jojo12100 said:

I was able to replicate it via Desmume a long time ago but not alter the datas.

I think you'll have to alter them twice in order to make it work: in the ROM (ex:the Purugly mission gives you Purugly) and the RAM (send Purugly to another game via wireless or IR).

Hope you'll succeed.

I've given up on trying and won't be working on it anymore, cause it wasn't going anywhere.

Only post here if anything is found, I suppose.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...