Unlock all funfiesta missions

So before receving Train w/Martial Artist mission at offset 1942A CF 04 and after receving 2F 05

It's a beggining.

At offset 194B0 4E 00 FF 16 becomes 4F 00 97 AC

At offset 19579 6D 00 00 1D becomes 6F 00 00 1F

At offset 195A8  41 00 9B D2 becomes 42 00 A6 D6

At offset 1D928 26 00 00 00 0C becomes 28 00 00 00 35

At offset 1D944 9F becomes 9D

At offset 1D95C 40 00 B4 B8 becomes 41 00 1C 2A

There is a lot of changes. Maybe if we look at the memory viewer?

Edited by jojo12100

I did take a look into Funfest Missions a few years ago but then I lost interest.

I only have RAM adresses for stats and records that you can look up at the Entree Forest, but I guess better than nothing.

RAM (Black 2 US)
Unlocked Missions Flags
0x0222596E - 0x02225981

Mission stats (4 Bytes each)
0x0222AEE4 - 0x0222AF97 (mission 1 - 45)

0x00 -> total
0x01 -> usually 0xC0 (0xD0 seems to add 4096 to "total", 0xB0 gives a glitched "total")
0x02 -> usually 0x00 (???)
0x03 -> unlocked levels/stars INVALID VALUES CAN CORRUPT THE SAVE!
	0x00 -> default -> Lv 1 unlocked
	0x10 -> Lv 1 finished, Lv 2 unlocked (1 star)
	0x20 -> Lv 2 finished, Lv 3 unlocked (2 stars)
	0x30 -> Lv 3 finished (3 stars)

And here the offsets of some records.

Save
0x2038E		Unknown
0x2120C		White Lv.
0x2120E		Black Lv.
0x259F0		hosted missions
0x259F2		participated missions
0x259F4		completed missions
0x259F6		top scores
0x259FA		the most participants

RAM (Black 2 US)
0x0223B544	White Lv
0x0223B546	Black Lv
0x0222AFD4	hosted missions
0x0222AFD6	participated missions
0x0222AFD8	completed missions
0x0222AFDA	top scores
0x0222AFDE	the most participants

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BlackShark said:

I did take a look into Funfest Missions a few years ago but then I lost interest.

I only have RAM adresses for stats and records that you can look up at the Entree Forest, but I guess better than nothing.

RAM (Black 2 US)
Unlocked Missions Flags
0x0222596E - 0x02225981

Mission stats (4 Bytes each)
0x0222AEE4 - 0x0222AF97 (mission 1 - 45)

0x00 -> total
0x01 -> usually 0xC0 (0xD0 seems to add 4096 to "total", 0xB0 gives a glitched "total")
0x02 -> usually 0x00 (???)
0x03 -> unlocked levels/stars INVALID VALUES CAN CORRUPT THE SAVE!
	0x00 -> default -> Lv 1 unlocked
	0x10 -> Lv 1 finished, Lv 2 unlocked (1 star)
	0x20 -> Lv 2 finished, Lv 3 unlocked (2 stars)
	0x30 -> Lv 3 finished (3 stars)

And here the offsets of some records.

Save
0x2038E		Unknown
0x2120C		White Lv.
0x2120E		Black Lv.
0x259F0		hosted missions
0x259F2		participated missions
0x259F4		completed missions
0x259F6		top scores
0x259FA		the most participants

RAM (Black 2 US)
0x0223B544	White Lv
0x0223B546	Black Lv
0x0222AFD4	hosted missions
0x0222AFD6	participated missions
0x0222AFD8	completed missions
0x0222AFDA	top scores
0x0222AFDE	the most participants

Thank you, I'll try my best to unlock the content and I'll dump the .pkm after.

36 minutes ago, Purin said:

If I remember correctly, special funfest missions are not possible to be just "unlocked", because they were local events with actual data being downloaded.

Yes, that's what I think too now. Or maybe they were deleted in non-Japanese versions?

So any idea to force-load them?

Edit: Content is not region-locked.

Edited by jojo12100

I'm so sad, such failures today.

Edit: I have a theory about how it works. According to the similarities in the names of the missions, I think that the event mission replace 1 similar mission. For example: Shoping Impossible replace Enjoy Shopping or Shocking Shopping.

Edited by jojo12100

36 minutes ago, Purin said:

It was not being replaced. It was actually never saved to the cartridge! I know because I attended the event.

You had to download the mission from within the C-Gear, but it was only held in RAM for as long as you played that mission. During that time you could catch special Pokémon, retrieve certain items and so on. What you could get exactly was set inside the distributed data. When the mission was over (there was always a time limit), it was gone from your game, but you could download it over and over for as long as your DS received the distribution.

Ok, thanks ^^

So now the only way to get it is to find the machine that gives the data. Or emulates it.

• 4 weeks later...

@Purin is there any chance it was actually stored in the DLC region of the savegame but became "locked" after one use but still stored in the savegame? Maybe you still have some save dump with the last mission you downloaded?

If it was stored in the save, maybe there would be a way to re-activate it via save/ram editing. In any other case, let's hope the distro device was a NDS cartridge that eventually pops up...

EDIT: I'm actually a little confused about how the eeveelutions hidden grotto funfest missions actually worked in the first place. You donloaded the mission and each one would change the pokémon found in the grotto?
From what I read it seems there were several kinds of special funfest missions, one of the being the "Find Pokémon" mission, which had one of the eeveelutions, which was changed at different dates.
They are probably the same structure as the missions found in the game (i.e. the one that triggers stunky/glameow to be in the grotto). I guess these will probably be gone for good... I'm also seeing there was a mission with chansey and some others.

Was there any special funfest mission that allowed to catch a pokemon that would otherwise have it's hidden ability unavailable? That's probably the most relevant question in the end.

EDIT2: also, maybe it's like gen 3 WC scripts and special funfest mission prototypes are to be found in the roms?

58 minutes ago, Purin said:

The missions changed what Pokémon would appear in the grottos, yeah.
I did do some research on my savedata at the time, but the mission wasn't saved anywhere in the savedata.

I searched in the RAM and there's one blank space after the initial Funfiesta mission.

It can contain one mission I think but it's temporary.

It's a pitty those seem to be lost, maybe they really are in the rom or something could be done injecting a modified stunky mission directly to ram... Maybe it would be easier to modify a rom to have the special missions recreated.

EDIT: or just patch a rom to change hidden grotto encounter tables to be able to catch the funfest exclusive HA pokémon anytime (coupled with my grotto editor to force the encounters)

In any case I've just checked and there's nothing lost regarding hidden abilities (if we count my entralink editor as a valid way to get the dream world pokémon), only location loss (since we can't get them on a hidden grotto), something that magneton suffers the most, since it's genderless and can't pass hidden ability, unlicke the others, which could be caught as female for breeding.

1 hour ago, suloku said:

It's a pitty those seem to be lost, maybe they really are in the rom or something could be done injecting a modified stunky mission directly to ram... Maybe it would be easier to modify a rom to have the special missions recreated.

EDIT: or just patch a rom to change hidden grotto encounter tables to be able to catch the funfest exclusive HA pokémon anytime (coupled with my grotto editor to force the encounters)

In any case I've just checked and there's nothing lost regarding hidden abilities (if we count my entralink editor as a valid way to get the dream world pokémon), only location loss (since we can't get them on a hidden grotto), something that magneton suffers the most, since it's genderless and can't pass hidden ability, unlicke the others, which could be caught as female for breeding.

In Magneton's case, it's location lost and moveset loss,
since it can get HA from Pokemon RBGY VC, but that means won't have access to Gen 5 and 6 Move tutors and TMs.

2 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

In Magneton's case, it's location lost and moveset loss,
since it can get HA from Pokemon RBGY VC, but that means won't have access to Gen 5 and 6 Move tutors and TMs.

But magnemite was obtainable via Dream World, so you can have the line with hidden ability and tutors, unless you are against injecting the pokémon into entralink forest, in that case the only option left would be to get a savegame of someone who legitimately obtained one and still hasn't retrieved it from the forest.

Imho, injecting pokémon (that were originally available in dream world) to entralink forest falls into the legit (or was it legal...?) realm, since the generated pokémon won't be different from the real deal, so what would be lost is hidden grotto location.

I feel like the easiest and shortest would be an AR code to change the pokémon that appears in the stunky/glameow mission, maybe we can even take advantage of the fact that the same mission in different versions has a different pokémon.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I have found new informations about but they are bad unfortunately.

During FunFiesta event missions special Pass Powers were distributed using Poke Power Spot which confirms that they were all wireless distrib. Source

The good point however is that if we find how wireless gifts work for Pass Powers we can re-create FunFiesta mission probably.

I also found that:

FesEvent.jpg.c43ba0bb9df799471f08282205f7dda5.jpg    5a9f19668e10f_PokePowerSpot.png.9b2c4a6d18d6d224e9ad1cdf5e9a71ed.pngPokeSpot1.jpg.e0ce5b031a157c1c361591e02828c3c5.jpg

Edited by jojo12100
  • Like 1

So I test @BlackShark ideas and my conclusions are: they used modified ROMs probably.

But maybe they are still in the game unused event which can give you the event missions (still a possibility).

Edit2: I caught my first Glameow in Black2 I'm so happy you can't imagine ^^

Edit3: I saw weird things when I translated a Black2 sav into a White2 game with FunFest Mission (can be the thing we're looking for?)

Edit4: Of course they are not recognized by PkHex :D

ProoF.PNG.926b5f04d1a345669386a6dcb18a83ec.PNG

Edited by jojo12100
  • Like 1