Stats bug

shadowofdarkness

I was bored and looking through the game stats in the trainer info tab and found a bug. The stat labelled "Shiny Pokemon Encountered" is wrong. It said I had zero but I have had a lot due to shiny hunting.

I have hatched 22 on that save, ally chained for 5, and had 9 traded in from other saves for a total of 36.

Just going through all the unlabelled stats I found both 107 and 163 had a value of 36 one of those is probably the correct one.

I'm confused. I found a old save backup from just after my second shiny and checked it and 127 is still 0 and the others don't match.

I also noticed after scrolling through the Pokedex in the old save with PKHeX that apparently I missed two shinies. It has Butterfree marked a seen shiny for both male and female. I'm now left with the sad thought somehow I missed two wild shinies.

Which is perplexing because I tried to be religious on paying attention and always having sound on to hear. Add in the fact that I looked it up and Butterfree is not that common so the odds of me getting two same species shinies at all are probably high let alone missing both.

I did try going though and looking for any matches to the higher 4 number in the old save and 38 in the newer but no matches on one save had a similar match on the other.

So it probably is 127, but why would mine show as zero when I obviously have some and I have never edited my save I only use PKHeX in a read only capacity.

Just to clarify, "Shiny Pokemon Encountered" only records Shinies encountered though random single enounters. (non s.o.s)

My friend encountered and caught a Shiny Minior which increased it to 1 and just recently caught a Shiny Magby via s.o.s in which it still remained at 1.

So I believe the game only records the number of shinies you randomly encounter.

Edited by Holla!

2 hours ago, Holla! said:

Just to clarify, "Shiny Pokemon Encountered" only records Shinies encountered though random single enounters. (non s.o.s)

My friend encountered and caught a Shiny Minior which increased it to 1 and just recently caught a Shiny Magby via s.o.s in which it still remained at 1.

So I believe the game only records the number of shinies you randomly encounter.

Thanks that explains it. I have never had that type of encounter. Seems strange though not to count at least chained ones.