Offensive Gravity

memjee

A move I think would be standard as rain dance if it had an item to lengthen it's duration.

I posting this team if anyone has knowledge on gravity and can help with this team and to show that gravity is a great move

WHAT GRAVITY DOES: The two most alarming features of gravity are...

1. All pokemon who are a flying type or have levitate are hit by earthquake and are effected by toxic spikes and spikes

2. Attacks accuracy are increased by 1.67 (so a 55 accuracy move like grass whistle or sing have 92% accuracy

Jirachi @ Leftovers

Ability: Serene Grace

EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 Spd

Lax nature (+Def, -SDef)

- Stealth Rock

- Gravity

- Thunder

- U-turn

Info: Lead Jirachi, great versatility, and the best lead gravityr imo (not a lot of pokemon know gravity) Stealth rock first team if I'm able, gravity next then U-turn to go to my next pokemon. Thunder for it always hits with a 60% para

---

Skarmory

- Brave Bird

- Spikes

- Whirlwind

- Roost

Info: Standard Skarmory to finish off a skarmbliss combo, standard stuff here, but it's worth noting all oppenents pokemon are effected by spikes with gravity on

---

Clefable @ Leftovers

Ability

Evs: Help? 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SAtk

Gravity

Blizzard

Calm Mind

Thunder

Info: Any suggestions for a set will be appreaciated, for now I'm running a calm mind supercharge boltbeam combo with gravity on the side. Maybe sing instead of calm mind

---

Heracross (M) @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Guts

EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd

Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Megahorn

- Close Combat

- Stone Edge

- Earthquake

Info: Finally I get to ultize my favorite pokemon. He resist earthquake, Megahorm becomes the most common attack I will use because of gravity raises it's accuracy, the same deal with Stone Edge, Close Combat to finish off it's legengary twin 120 attacks. Earthquake instead of night slash because of gravity

---

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers

Ability: Serene Grace

EVs: 80 Def/252 SAtk/176 SDef

Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)

- Gravity

- Softboiled

- Sing

- Fire Blast

Info: My second gravity user, with this toy it's too easy to get off gravity. Bring it to someone it walls (a special attacker) Then gravity up. Softboiled is the mandatory heal, sing for that 92% sleeper, fireblast is for that 60% burn on incoming physical attackers

---

Heatran @ Choice Scarf

Evs: 252 Satk 252 Spe

Ability: Flash fire

Role: Revenge Killer

Modest Nature

- Magma Storm

- Earth Power

- Dragon Pulse

- Explosion

Shaymin wasn't fast or strong enough, so heatran is my solotion! It fires off stronger earth powers than shaymin. And I can use it's signature move Magma Storm. Dragon Pulse is a good check agaisnt dragons and explosion to end off with a bang. Pretty standard bar the magma storm

OLD POKEMON

Shaymin @ Leftovers

Ability: Natural Cure

EVs: 252 Spd/252 SAtk

Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

- Earth Power

- Seed Flare

- Grasswhistle

- Aromatherapy

Info: If only I could use sky-form... Anyhow this is my special earthquaker (who resist Eq). It can OHKO a skarmory with Earth Power (Of course with gravity on) Seed Flare for the powerful perfect accuracy stab attack. Grasswhistle is the 92% sleeper, Aromatheapy for statuses (Because Blissey can't have aromatherapy and gravity on the same set, egg moves)

Starmie @ Life Orb

Ability: Natural Cure

EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk

Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Blizzard

- Thunder

- Hydro Pump

- Recover

Info: With gravity all attacks gain 100% accuracy. You know where I'm going with this

Dugtrio

---

I'm also thinking of adding skarmory to finish off the skarmbliss combo and do a gravity spike combo. But who to replace (Not heracross he's a penament member)

Suggestions appreaciated

Edited by memjee
changes

I never knew Gravity rose accuracy. Can you show me where you found out?

It's nice how you utilize Gravity, although, it may be worrysome if they take down both Jirachi and Blissey. A Pokemon that can take down both is Infernape. So I would beware of that. Other than that, I would like to see this team in a battle.

---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 AM ----------

I never knew Gravity rose accuracy. Can you show me where you found out?

It's nice how you utilize Gravity, although, it may be worrysome if they take down both Jirachi and Blissey. A Pokemon that can take down both is Infernape. So I would beware of that. Other than that, I would like to see this team in a battle.

Starmie is hopefully my check to infernape. Dugtrio can trap and earthquake for a quick ko (unless sashed)

I came across the move gravity in wiki a long time ago. But I was not able to make a legit team till recent, when I saw someone else with one.

POSSIBLE CHANGES

Starmie might get replaced with...

Swampert - Leftovers

Blizzard

Hydro Pump

Earthquake

Roar

Info: A better check to infernape imo, unless it weilds grass knot. It's also a much needed phazer

Might replace dugtrio with...

Skarmory - Leftovers

brave bird

Roost

Spikes

Whirlwind

So my teams more defensive, this is a double edge sword because skarmory becomes weak to earthquake because of gravity. But wtih gravity spikes-whirlwind will hit everyone

Shaymin to be replaced with heatran

Heatran - scarf

Earth Power

Magma Storm

Dragon Pulse

Explosion

Info: a faster more powerful special earthquaker, and with gravity I can use magma storm, does as much as damage as fire blast, traps the oppenent and does gradual sandstorm like damage.

Edited by memjee

Gravity, similarly to Trick Room, is very difficult to use because it expires very quickly. While it can create an extremely powerful team, it requires a lot of setup.

Firstly, I would reccomend adding another or even two more Gravity users. They obviously serve more then just that purpose, but Gravity is so short that you'll have just three turns to use it once you switch out, and your reliance upon it being up requires several more users.

Its hard to find good Gravity users though. The only good ones are Blissey, Dusknoir, Clefable, Jirachi, and Smeargle. Dusknoir is too defensive and can't really be used. Smeargle could work, but hes very underwhelming. Clefable is an interesting choice. Her ability makes her a perfect poison switch-in, grants her immunity to Life Orb recoil, and she has access to quite a few suprisingly powerful moves on both the special and physical spectrum.

Specially, she has access to Fire Blast, Blizzard, and Thunder, with special mention to Sing. Physically, she can abuse Toxic Orb and Facade, along with STAB Double Edge and Meteor Mash. Shes a surprising powerhouse. And of course, she has access to Softboiled and other cleric options.

Mamoswine is one of the most effective Gravity abusers in the game. You might notice that EVERY one of Mamoswine's switchins are immune to ground. With Gravity, that immunity is gone, and you can wreak havoc. Bronzong and Skarmory will both fall to Earthquake with Gravity down. Not only that, but with his acceptable speed, Gravity + CB Adamant Earthquake can do a massive number on your opponent's team.

Metagross is also a pokemon you should seriously consider. Gravity boosts Meteor Mash to 100% and Steel + Ground with gravity is resisted only by Shedinja, Ludicolo, and Surskit (lol).

Clefable in my eyes has always been an awesome pokemon, but not OU capable. Maybe now I could use it. Hey it's UU I think gravity might be more successful in UU.

I'll see where I can put clefable, probably over starmie (shaymin is out)

I considered Dusknoir a spot on my team but as you said it's no offensive threat, and even though I can run a defensive gravity team it makes gravity too short, I find offensive gravity to be better

Although it's still in consideration due to my fighting weakness

I'll see where mamoswine or metagross might fit in my team

Now that I have a team up, I have to work on the synergy, what pokemon works well with others

I revise my post in a bit

Shaymin? Why? Shaymin is fantastic on gravity teams, having access to Seed Flare, but also subseed and grasswhistle.

Anyway, I wouldn't worry about the UU split. Gravity is rare and Smogon doesn't really consider it when doing their tiering.

Also, you can't really use Gravity in UU. The only UU gravity user is Clefable, and then Probopass but hes pretty much useless.