Suggestions for end-game Leader Pokemon?

Hey

No rules, which means that you don't have to stick to a type theme (for the most part, One pokemon has to be of the leader's speciality type), and legendaries are allowed. This can also count for the E4+Leader. I want to give myself a challenge, and currently have several interesting ones, like Wake's team is designed to lower attack (Stantler, Staraptor, Gyarados, Masquerain), then Politoed and Porygon-2, for example.

For Wake, I gave him Kyogre as his lead. The rest of his Water-based team benefit from the rain, Manaphy for instance.

The AI is not very smart. In experience, the AI excels best at pulling off simple set ups. Sets that I have found that the AI pulls off very well include simple stat boosting (SD Yache Chomp, Agilgross), Paraflinching Togekiss, Trick Room sets, the typical Stealth Rock/Whirlwind Skarmory etc. However, it does not have the capability to do Baton Passing properly, and fares even worse for Substitute.

I've played around with these and they're quite fun to battle against.

[Candice]Froslass @ Brightpowder

Snow Cloak

-Double Team

-Blizzard

-Shadow Ball

-Confuse Ray

This Froslass is pretty annoying to take down without a fair amount of luck. I use this set with Candice, where the lead, Abomasnow, summons the hail that this set can't live without.

[Lucian/Byron]Bronzong @ Zoom Lens/Wide Lens

Levitate

-Hypnosis

-Earthquake

-Gyro Ball

-Payback

The AI usually uses Hypnosis as the first move, except against Heatran or Magnezone, which in that case, will be Earthquake. Since it is almost always slower, Zoom Lens work better most of the time.

[buck]Cresselia @ Leftovers

Levitate

-Moonlight

-Calm Mind

-Psychic

-Ice Beam

One of the sets that the AI handles well. It knows more or less when to Moonlight off damage and enjoys setting up, which is a good thing for this bulky Pokemon.

I might dig up more later.

Hmm, yeah, those look good. I feel you on Buck, I've given him his normal team, as well as one other Pokemon who slips me, and his Dusknoir is beastly

Dusknoir w/Leftovers

Pressure

- Will-O-Wisp

- Trick Room

- Pain Split

- Earthquake

Even my almighty Swords Dance Garchomp took forever taking this beast down.

• 2 weeks later...