Jump to content

PKHeX opens files all red


TotodilesToes
 Share

Recommended Posts

Please move this if it's in the wrong spot thanks. o:

 

So first I tried using my PKHeX with Pokemon Sun and it kept giving me the file size too big or wrong file type error, so then I tried it with Pokemon Y it worked totally normal all fine.
Then I think I deleted PKHex and redownloaded it and now it won't open my main save file automatically, and when I do open the save file for Pokemon Y or OR all the squares show up red.
I can't figure any of this out for the life of me just when I had everything fine before.

 

 

 

 

EDIT: AND YOU KNOW WHAT I THOUGHT JUST MIGHT HAPPEN I PLUG IN MY ALOLAN GAME AGAIN AND BOOM BADDA NOW IT'S WORKING THANKS NEVERMIND OKAY IM DEAD

 

Editedit: Aaaand I corrupted my data. :') ((So if anyone maybe has a completed game file I can borrow that'd be fantastic thanks.))

Edited by TotodilesToes
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, TotodilesToes said:

Please move this if it's in the wrong spot thanks. o:

 

So first I tried using my PKHeX with Pokemon Sun and it kept giving me the file size too big or wrong file type error, so then I tried it with Pokemon Y it worked totally normal all fine.
Then I think I deleted PKHex and redownloaded it and now it won't open my main save file automatically, and when I do open the save file for Pokemon Y or OR all the squares show up red.
I can't figure any of this out for the life of me just when I had everything fine before.

 

 

 

 

EDIT: AND YOU KNOW WHAT I THOUGHT JUST MIGHT HAPPEN I PLUG IN MY ALOLAN GAME AGAIN AND BOOM BADDA NOW IT'S WORKING THANKS NEVERMIND OKAY IM DEAD

 

Editedit: Aaaand I corrupted my data. :') ((So if anyone maybe has a completed game file I can borrow that'd be fantastic thanks.))

You can still use the save you extracted this time just be sure to remove the SecureValue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, CrystalLink said:

You can still use the save you extracted this time just be sure to remove the SecureValue.

Where in my files can I find that or how? o:

It corrupted when I imported it back into game. I'm not using JK's Save Manager as that one didn't seem to be working for me I've been using the old Save Manager.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, TotodilesToes said:

Where in my files can I find that or how? o:

It corrupted when I imported it back into game. I'm not using JK's Save Manager as that one didn't seem to be working for me I've been using the old Save Manager.

Well did you export it? If you exported your save and tried editing it you should know where it is stored.

And your gonna want to use SaveDataFiler. Lots of people have had this issue and it's because they use JK's Save Manager or some other one.

SaveDataFiler let's you remove SecureValue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, CrystalLink said:

Well did you export it? If you exported your save and tried editing it you should know where it is stored.

And your gonna want to use SaveDataFiler. Lots of people have had this issue and it's because they use JK's Save Manager or some other one.

SaveDataFiler let's you remove SecureValue.

OHH okay yes that's the one I'm using. Yeah I still have the Main file I edited. I'm just not sure where I access the removal of the SecureValue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, TotodilesToes said:

OHH okay yes that's the one I'm using. Yeah I still have the Main file I edited. I'm just not sure where I access the removal of the SecureValue.

Do this:

Hover over title ID, Press R+X, Import save, Hover over title ID again and press R+X.

Then you shouldn't get that error anymore.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, TotodilesToes said:

It still says my game is corrupted. To be clear I used the Save Manager with the blue skull thingy.

That's... not very clear, no.

You said you were using SaveDataFiler when it got mentioned, there's no such thing as a blue skull thing with SDF.

What's the app you're using actually called?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, TotodilesToes said:

 

You will need a CIA installer like FBI to install it, install it to either your EmuNAND or SysNAND (whichever one you are playing the game on.)

 

And yes, as mentioned above, "The blue skull thingy" isn't related to SaveDataFiler.

Edited by CrystalLink
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, TotodilesToes said:

It still says my game is corrupted. To be clear I used the Save Manager with the blue skull thingy.

More information on SaveDataFiler can be found on GBATemp.

 

If your still having trouble, I have a tutorial posted on here that you should refer to:

 

Edited by CrystalLink
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TotodilesToes said:

 

Now to install the .CIA I've got the FBI going but I just want to know does it normally take a long time for it to get installed and started up?

 

Edit: When I use FBI to try and install SaveDataFiler it doesn't seem to offer any install option for when I press 'A' or 'Select' over it. Sorry I'm so dumb.

Edited by TotodilesToes
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...