Need help on homebrewing my N3DS XL

abonfi

Hi everyone,
First of all I wanna apologize if I ask dumb question about this subject, but I'm new on this "area".
Then, let's start.
I just bought the N3DS XL with Pokemon Sun, and I'm thinking to use PkHex when I reached the end-game.
If I'm correct I can "put" PkHex on a SD after homebrewing my N3DS.

First question: how can I use PkHex on my N3DS?
Second question: can I play only few games? If no, how can I play other games?

Thanks in advice

Edited by abonfi

17 minutes ago, abonfi said:

Hi everyone,
First of all I wanna apologize if I ask dumb question about this subject, but I'm new on this "area".
Then, let's start.
I just bought the N3DS XL with Pokemon Sun, and I'm thinking to use PkHex when I reached the end-game.
If I'm correct I can "put" PkHex on a SD after homebrewing my N3DS.

First question: how can I use PkHex on my N3DS?
Second question: can I play only few games? If no, how can I play other games?

Thanks in advice

Nope, you don't use pkhex on your SD card.
you backup your save to your computer, and use pkhex to edit it there.

Your second question lacks context.
You can play as many games as you want on your 3DS, as long as you buy the carts/download the game.

4 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Nope, you don't use pkhex on your SD card.
you backup your save to your computer, and use pkhex to edit it there.

Your second question lacks context.
You can play as many games as you want on your 3DS, as long as you buy the carts/download the game.

Even if i have a "real" game, i can edit my saves on computer?

And Your second question lacks context??

• 1 year later...

How are you all actually getting into Homebrew with 11.6 to be able to use PkHex? I just bought OOT + PowerSave and it seems that way is impossible now? How are you all getting save manager then able to use PkHex? I used Soundhax back in 11.2 when I played Sun but that no longer works in 11.6

1 minute ago, GSUGambit said:

How are you all actually getting into Homebrew with 11.6 to be able to use PkHex? I just bought OOT + PowerSave and it seems that way is impossible now? How are you all getting save manager then able to use PkHex? I used Soundhax back in 11.2 when I played Sun but that no longer works in 11.6

1. Don't update your 3DS if you're using Homebrew
2. Use CFW (B9S + Luma), and you can update as much as you want...

Powersaves doesn't work with PKHeX, as Datel doesn't want to support save restoration using outside programs.

21 minutes ago, GSUGambit said:

Because Homebrew Launcher is kind of a key. Having it allows you to do more with your console, like installing FBI, Luma and that stuff which allows you to have a permanent access to Homebrew itself and other kind of stuff. There are many ways to acces to HL but now there are no primary exploits for 11.5 and higher updates. If you have a 11.4 or less, you still can access to HL by using soundhax.

• 3 weeks later...

11.4 and 11.5 users can update to 11.6, then do the "dsiware transfer" part of  3ds.guide to get cfw. The only drawback is..you'll need $2 for the DSiWare title and another 2ds, 3ds, or New 3ds/2ds xl that has been cfw'd for the method to work. https://3ds.guide/installing-boot9strap-(dsiware-game-injection)

Edited by DeathAngel74