Gen 3 Event Generation Algorithm Research (10ANNIV, etc)

@St. GIGA I have no idea about Ingame generated Pokemon. Not even sure if this was ever fully analyzed?

@suloku Yeah this legal/legit part is always confusing.
Especially what's legitimate sometimes isn't clear and needs to be defined specifically...
For my example I already stretched the definition by saying a perfectly replicated algorithm would be enough.
And I know many people would disagree with that... because strictly viewed, only what comes from Nintendo/GF is legit.
But technically viewed I think it would say it's close to be legit. Especially if it comes from a multiboot rom which is even more close.
So I really think that with a multiboot rom, you would come as close as you can get and that's why it's so interesting, right?

Btw. like I already said the Trash Bytes wouldn't even be the issue if we are just talking about legality.
With the exception of Events with variating/dynamic Trash Bytes...
This includes...

Negaiboshi Jirachi
PCJP03 Egg
Mystry Mew (2nd to 5th Mew of a batch...)

And Nintendo DS Download play Events like:
PokePark Meowth
Hadou Titants

Yeah, I meant ingame events, as those I cannot figure out what changes trash bytes. For instance, the attached copy of my Faraway Island Mew has a static PID of 7942ef72 which is needed to make it Flawless, but it also has a static SID of 31337 and TID of 60510, plus a Static OT gender of Female, the same moves, no nickname, a Lum Berry,  and all that. I would like to know if the trash bytes on the attached Mew from RoC's are valid. Suloku says they are, but I want to double check that. Just to inform those wondering, this Mew is a test Mew to see how faithful I can get it, as Suloku's Save that he hat had caught Mew on for me with the ID in the PKM did not get the Trainer Gender right, so I fixed that and added a Lum Berry ingame after harvesting one. I also wish to inform you that the Mew was caught by suloku on an emulator without the vblank patch, and that only the OT gender was edited on THIS particular 3gpkm to make its OT Female to match the Real Pokepark Mew event. In game, I enabled the clock and obtained one lum berry for Mew. I just need to know if the one OT gender bit change affects any trash bytes. This is only for research, but I do not know if I accidentally submitted this one to RoC. If I did, and trash bytes check out, consider this a happy accident turned bugfix from suloku's original Mew. It is possible that glitzer or pomeg bugs could do this without A-Save (which I used on a duplicated copy of suloku's mew Save file that he gave me. He also said when he released it that he would provide offsets for editing the trainer info so anyone could customize the mew without re-waiting 34.25 days)

151 - 60510 - Mew - (Timid) - {S} {F} {St. GIGA} {Suloku}.3gpkm

Can someone answer

4 hours ago, St. GIGA said:

Yeah, I meant ingame events, as those I cannot figure out what changes trash bytes. For instance, the attached copy of my Faraway Island Mew has a static PID of 7942ef72 which is needed to make it Flawless, but it also has a static SID of 31337 and TID of 60510, plus a Static OT gender of Female, the same moves, no nickname, a Lum Berry,  and all that. I would like to know if the trash bytes on the attached Mew from RoC's are valid. Suloku says they are, but I want to double check that. Just to inform those wondering, this Mew is a test Mew to see how faithful I can get it, as Suloku's Save that he hat had caught Mew on for me with the ID in the PKM did not get the Trainer Gender right, so I fixed that and added a Lum Berry ingame after harvesting one. I also wish to inform you that the Mew was caught by suloku on an emulator without the vblank patch, and that only the OT gender was edited on THIS particular 3gpkm to make its OT Female to match the Real Pokepark Mew event. In game, I enabled the clock and obtained one lum berry for Mew. I just need to know if the one OT gender bit change affects any trash bytes. This is only for research, but I do not know if I accidentally submitted this one to RoC. If I did, and trash bytes check out, consider this a happy accident turned bugfix from suloku's original Mew. It is possible that glitzer or pomeg bugs could do this without A-Save (which I used on a duplicated copy of suloku's mew Save file that he gave me. He also said when he released it that he would provide offsets for editing the trainer info so anyone could customize the mew without re-waiting 34.25 days)

151 - 60510 - Mew - (Timid) - {S} {F} {St. GIGA} {Suloku}.3gpkm

Could someone answer this?

15 hours ago, ajxpk said:

@suloku Yeah this legal/legit part is always confusing.
Especially what's legitimate sometimes isn't clear and needs to be defined specifically...
For my example I already stretched the definition by saying a perfectly replicated algorithm would be enough.
And I know many people would disagree with that... because strictly viewed, only what comes from Nintendo/GF is legit.
But technically viewed I think it would say it's close to be legit. Especially if it comes from a multiboot rom which is even more close.
So I really think that with a multiboot rom, you would come as close as you can get and that's why it's so interesting, right?

Btw. like I already said the Trash Bytes wouldn't even be the issue if we are just talking about legality.
With the exception of Events with variating/dynamic Trash Bytes...
This includes...

Negaiboshi Jirachi
PCJP03 Egg
Mystry Mew (2nd to 5th Mew of a batch...)

And Nintendo DS Download play Events like:
PokePark Meowth
Hadou Titants

That's what I meant by "as legit as possible" earlier. A perfectly replicated algorithm + multiboot = events that are indeed as legit as they can possibly be when ignoring factors like trash bytes and the fact that the multiboot ROM isn't from an official distro cart or disc. If anything, it'd be a great way to replace the likes of the US 10 ANNIV events, Festa/ROCKS Metang (provided they used the 10 ANNIV/10 ANIV algorithm as early as 2005), SPACE C Deoxys (which I bet was from a distro cart considering it was distributed for almost three months) and the US 10 ANIV events.

As for events with variable trash bytes, I wouldn't even bother adding them to a homebrew distro ROM.

16 hours ago, St. GIGA said:

Can someone answer

Could someone answer this?

They are just what was in that memory region before it was used to store (then copy to the pokemon) the nickname. It will most likely never be the same, and more given emerald has DMA. In any case there's almost no chance that any in-game generated pokémon will have trash bytes of any event distribution, and if one has, it's mere (extreme) coincidence.

Trash bytes for ingame pokemon should be random, and if you are worried about them, you are better off clearing them via colosseum/xd. Besides being obtaines in emulator and rng manipulation, the mew should be totally legitimate either way.

I don't get why you want it to look like an event pokemon though, the generation algorythm might have been different from the one used in-game, so any pid/dv combos for in-game mew wouldn't (most likely) apply.

You misunderstand, I never wanted it to look like an event, as it is already close enough, and the bytes will not matter. I only wanted to know if trashbytes are random, and not determined by other data in a 3gpkm as it is created. If anything making it look like the PokePakku Mew would flag hack checkers as suspicious, as that Mew is to our knowledge shiny locked. I just wished to know if something like the OT gender bit would set it. You gave me the answer that I needed, and I have no intention of erasing the bytes after hearing that it is just junk RTC/DMA/RNG data in areas where memory was conserved. The OT gender does not matter when the ID number or SID is rng'd, so why should random trash bytes be any different ingame? Now I can safely say that the Mew is legitimately 99.99% accurate to both events, with the Trash Bytes and Secret ID of 31337 being the only things besides shinyness distinguishing the mew from an original PokePakku Mew. So suloku, I was not trying to give an ingame pokemon restricted event trash bytes. I just wanted to know if the OT gender would have affected the outcome. As we now know, it will not. Thank you, and sorry for leaving you hanging. Hopefully this relieves you that I was not trying to invalidate an event. Sorry about being off-topic ajxpk. We all do not need to worry about this anymore due to me getting the news I needed, me not wanting to mod the trashbytes to copy the event, as it could never happen due to lack of available 3gpkms of the event to copy and your news and my guess about how the trashbytes are not affected by OTG and Held Items, and me being satisfied at this outcome, so I won't bring it up again. BTW suloku, I did use your offset to make the Trainer Gender accurate to the event, but NOTHING else, except for legitimately giving Mew a new Lum Berry and exporting it as an 80byte boxed GBA 3gpkm file using A-Save and VBA-M-RR.

Thank you, and sorry for the inconvenience. Please understand my curiosity.

St. GIGA

Ok, I did not understand the purpose of your questions. OT gender shouldn't matter for the in-game trash bytes. We could technically locate (via memory dumps) where the in-game trash bytes come from, then see what the memory address they come from is used for previous to the name generation and if it falls under a DMA address, but given that I recall in-game catches having apparently random trash the bytes probly depend on what you have done in-game prior to the catch, which shouldn't be much of a concern.
In any case, the gender shouldn't affect them (or more like I personally can't think of a reason why it should).

@St. GIGA What does the faraway island mew you RNG'd have to do with pokepark mew?  PokePark Mew used the same generation method as other standard 3rd gen events via distribution ROM.  The trash bytes from distribution ROMs are COMPLETELY different from in-game.

@ajxpk I looked over the 10 ANNIV (various languages) that were from the distribution ROM, and the trash bytes are varied for OTN, but not for PKM Name.

Just now, ajxpk said:

@Sabresite OT Names have Trash Bytes too? That's actually new to me. Interesting...
I think in this case we should document those as well.

Actually I made a mistake, I was thinking of spanish 10 aniv, but I am incorrect.  The one that COULD would be ROCKS.
But generally speaking, if an OT is less than 7 (6 if there is a terminator?) then there will 100% be trash bytes.

Just talked with @Sabresite about the Nintendo DS Download Play Events like Hadou titans and PokePark Meowth.

Because it's hard to tell which files are out there are really legit.
And I think I have already collected all the Hadou titans which are out there, so we're running out of material to research on...

There are actually 2 sets of 3rd Gen Hadou titan files. One of them is a bit more private and incomplete (Regirock is missing) and the other one are the common files you can find at Neoseeker ect. 
It appears that one of these two Sets is hacked. The Set from my collection has 2 different OT Genders, while it seems that the other Set is always Male.
Considering my Hadou titans are legit, according to Sabresite none of the known OTG methods fits. (I also just confirmed it today.)
To nail it down and to see the bigger pictures much more Hadou titans would be needed... and that's impossible since I have collected all the files.
So yeah, things are looking bad!  Also the common Set has more static trash bytes, while the Hadou titans I have, having completely different tbs.
IMO that's a strong indicator for one of the Sets being hacked. I gave Sabresite my files without letting him know what I think first and I he came to the same conclusion which says a lot.

When it comes to PokePark Meowth, I must say that I have only 2 of them...
And I'm not planning to trade for those since they're not on my priority list.
That's why I would like to announce that any contribution in terms of PokePark Meowths would be much appreciated!

Edit:
Nevermind.

4 minutes ago, ajxpk said:

Just talked with @Sabresite about the Nintendo DS Download Play Events like Hadou titans and PokePark Meowth.

Because it's hard to tell which files are out there are really legit.
And I think I have already collected all the Hadou titans which are out there, so we're running out of material to research on...

There are actually 2 sets of 3rd Gen Hadou titan files. One of them is a bit more private and incomplete (Regirock is missing) and the other one are the common files you can find at Neoseeker ect. 
It appears that one of these two Sets is hacked. The Set from my collection has 2 different OT Genders, while it seems that the other Set is always Male.
Considering my Hadou titans are legit, none of the known OTG methods fits.
To nail it down and to see the bigger pictures much more Hadou titans would be needed... and that's impossible since I have collected all the files out there.
So yeah, things are looking bad!  Also the common Set has more static trash bytes, while the Hadou titans I have, having completely different tbs.
IMO that's a strong indicator for one of the Sets being hacked. I gave Sabresite my files without letting him know what I think first and I he came to the same conclusion which says a lot.

When it comes to PokePark Meowth, I must say that I have only 2 of them...
And I'm not planning to trade for those since they're not on my priority list.
That's why I would like to announce that any contribution in terms of PokePark Meowths would be much appreciated!

PokePark Meowth was distributed in the same fashion.

Keep in mind that we prefer 3rd gen pokemon files (GPK/GBN/3GPKM) because if the pokemon is already palparked, then there are no trash bytes to verify.

Also if the 2 PokePark Meowth that @ajxpk has are legit, then they do not have the same trash bytes as the titans.

LOL, forget about my request. I think it's unlikely that someone pops up.
I just realized there aren't more PokePark Meowths in the trading circle. 
The Jolly one is the only one that made it into the scene. Awful! 
But who knows... sometimes miracles happen, so I will leave it like that.

Btw. we also looking for these two PokePark Taiwan Events:
Celebi 60623 Relaxed Capable of Taking Hits
Mew 60510 Adamant Alert to Sounds 

They're high on my list, so I will even trade for those if necessary.

• 3 weeks later...

s you know we made a lot of progress recently when it comes to this Research. 
I was also able to collect more files through trades and contributions.
In the meanwhile I was even able to collect rare Events like Party of the Decade and the PokePark Taiwan Legendaries. 
Also we almost solved all the existing Algorithms, with the newest being Negaiboshi Jirachi and the Pokemon Center 5th Anniversary Eggs.
I want to thank at this point everyone who was helping us with the Research and those who contributed.

Just FYI here is what's still missing and what we're still looking for...

Japanese Events:
Stamp
Sapporo Pikachu
More DS Download Play Events (Especially Hadou Regirock...)

Taiwanese Events:
PokePark Jirachi

American Events:
Rocks Metang
PCNYs
Jeremy

IMPORTANT: If possible we need these Events still in Gen 3.
Only this way we can confirm what's legit/legal and transferring via Pal Park removes very important data which we need.

On 4/3/2017 at 1:48 AM, ajxpk said:

Btw. we also looking for these two PokePark Taiwan Events:
Celebi 60623 Relaxed Capable of Taking Hits
Mew 60510 Adamant Alert to Sounds 

Why this two specifically?

Only ever seen the two common STAMP pokes in Neoseeker, not even sure if those are the real deal. I think i got them in G3 though..

On 4/24/2017 at 12:04 AM, Shadowdarkrai1 said:

Why this two specifically?

Only ever seen the two common STAMP pokes in Neoseeker, not even sure if those are the real deal. I think i got them in G3 though..

I have them now.
I needed those two to determine what's legit in terms of PokePark legendaries and to confirm their Trash Bytes. :)
Wow, do I get you right, you really have Stamp Pokemon in Gen 3? If you want I can take a look and see if there is something suspicious or if they're ok.

2 minutes ago, ajxpk said:

I have them now.

Aren't those Rabby pokes? How did you get them?

Anyway, its the same one floating around commonly in Neoseeker. Except its the G3 version. I never even bothered to see it, its probably in my email somewhere but I doubt its legal/legit.

I traded with @DannyB01. Don't worry they're in good hands. :)

I have the Gen 4 files too, it's really hard to tell...
Anyway, when you find the Stamp Pokemon in Gen 3 feel free to send them to me.
I know ways to determine if they're legit or not. By checking Trash Bytes ect. 

2 minutes ago, ajxpk said:

I traded with @DannyB01. Don't worry it's in good hands. :)

Heh dumb question from me I guess, he's really the only other one aside from me.. (Even though he's retired) Glad that they are with you though. You seen those Taiwan Jirachi Pictures? Amazing huh.

I don't mind sending that, I simply don't like it because there isn't actually a proper source..but would be good to hear what you know though.

Yeah!
I'm actually damn proud to have traded with him. 
I had to be really patient since he's retired as you know. 
He has not shown me the pictures tho', since he was damn busy so didn't even mentioned it. 
Interested to see it actually... 

Great! I'm looking forward to check them.

1 minute ago, ajxpk said:

He has not shown me the pictures tho', since he was damn busy so didn't even mentioned it. 
Interested to see it actually... 

Actually, I made a mistake. The pictures are for the Taiwan Jirachis. You traded for those too?

I'll send the stamp when I find it.

Yeah, I just wanted to say that! You mean because of the lottery, right?
No, but I'm still interested in these PokePark Jirachis. I need to confirm the OT Gender determination method.
This would also help to determine if another PokePark Jirachi is legit/legal if one pops up...
I doubt that this will ever happen tho'.

IIRC Stamp Pokemon have all IVs of 0? Can someone confirm it for me?  And reading through the code for NegaiBoshi, I wouldn't be surprised if something like that did happen since setting the flag to the wrong value would indicate you are providing IVs, when you might have meant to generate them.

EDIT: I might be thinking about E-card pokemon.