Gen 3 Event Generation Algorithm Research (10ANNIV, etc)

6 hours ago, Invader TAK said:

Actually, the 10ANNIV Pikachu is holding a Light Ball. And according to Bulbapedia, the US 10 ANIV Latias and Latios both hold Soul Dew.

Ohh, ok.  I was told none of them had items.  The one I was looking at was the lugia rom and that one has the light ball in it.  I'll have to pull out the other ones.

On 24/12/2016 at 4:25 AM, Invader TAK said:

Is the UK Shiny Zigzagoon the same as the one from the North America Version 14 and 16 Demo Discs? If so, then no one's gonna be bugging you for that one.

Yes. The cart is different from the others though, it's much bigger.

EDIT: Removed part where I said smaller carts could exist. It was a misunderstanding.

Edited by XJ55

On 12/24/2016 at 6:37 PM, Bond697 said:

When I was given the 10ANNIV rom 3 1/2 years ago, the person who gave it to me asked me not to give it out or anything to preserve the cart's value. The same goes for a few others. Some of the stuff isn't even private, there just hasn't been anyone who has really cared, as far as I knew.  Like this for example:

RvdpwrA.png

It's an unreleased gen 3 event, METEOR Jirachi.  I found its multiboot rom in.. some game.  I've told people about it and given out archives, but nobody really seemed to care that much.  I spent awhile gathering the multiboot roms and checking them out and to be honest, I didn't realize there was much interest in them anymore until Sabresite mentioned them not too long ago.

Expand  

Well, I do care about it!
Did anyone notice that it has the same TID as ネガイボシ?
How was it generated? What's the PID Method? It had Berries attached?
Where did you find it? Can I have the multiboot ROM?
I want to know everything! :D  

EDIT:
Just saw that the PID seems to be 0xD9199316, so this confirms at least that it is an Common GBA Event.
Also it was generated on the 1st rand(), unlike Negaiboshi who appears to be generated on the 3rd rand(). (Reasons are still unknown...)

11 minutes ago, ajxpk said:

Yeah I saw, so it's likely a mirrored event, wouldn't be the first time it happened.

2 hours ago, Bond697 said:

Ohh, ok.  I was told none of them had items.  The one I was looking at was the lugia rom and that one has the light ball in it.  I'll have to pull out the other ones.

Are there ways to assemble the ones ripped out from Gamecube games to run on VBA?

I found files with gba rom headers (pokechan.bin from Pokemon Channel disc, pokedownload.tgc from US bonus disc),
but been unable to get them to run on emus. (even after correcting the header checksum)

@Invader TAK Nice find on the soul dew, I completely missed that too.  I am sure @Bond697 will take a look and confirm the order and calculation.

@ajxpk Do you know of any other pokemon that are not generated on the first rand() like boshi? Also regarding METEOR, I think Bond said it was essentially a dev version of the wishmaker, so it is exactly the same except for the name.

• Like 1

PCJP03 Eggs. (Maybe Stamp too I can imagine, but I never had one of those and propably never will...)
They were generated same as Negaiboshi 3rd rand() and they even share the same Trash Bytes.
Which is kinda similar to what we've seen with the Mystery Mews just by the way.
So I think these Trash Bytes also seem to depend on which rand() they're generated on.
This could be another case of Event that would be hard to reconstruct unfortunately.
But I would be happy if I knew at least the Berry generation method of Negaiboshi.

3 hours ago, ajxpk said:

EDIT:
Just saw that the PID seems to be 0xD9199316, so this confirms at least that it is an Common GBA Event.
Also it was generated on the 1st rand(), unlike Negaiboshi who appears to be generated on the 3rd rand(). (Reasons are still unknown...)

This is the info for it:

bfRSilv.png

You can see the text is (poorly) translated and not localized. 

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13004170/meteor_jirachi.zip

• Like 4

On 12/25/2016 at 8:39 AM, Bond697 said:

This is the info for it:

bfRSilv.png

You can see the text is (poorly) translated and not localized. 

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13004170/meteor_jirachi.zip

Expand  

@Bond697 Thank you very much! Finally I had time to look into it.
So the Berry of METEOR JIRACHI is always Salac Berry? Interesting.

@Sabresite Btw. Just for everyone to know...
My idea was that these frames Sabresite is talking about were used for the Berries and OTG... (last is maybe just a placeholder because Negaiboshi is always male anyway just like Wishmkr...)
This would at least kinda explain why pid low is generated with the 3rd rand(), which wouldn't make too much sense otherwise.
However it could be that this theory is debunked now. At least I can definitely say it was not rand() / 3 & 1 in this case.

Small note: Pokémon Box Eggs had full 16 bit Seeds too I remember.
But this was a unique case, I wondering what was used to generate them?
But this is maybe nothing too important.

23 minutes ago, Invader TAK said:

Wait, I just realized something regarding the UK Shiny Zigzagoon cart. Will it send a Zigzagoon to a Ruby or Sapphire game with a battery? The North American Demo Discs don't.

The Zigzagoon from the demo disc can be send to RS with full battery, as long as you have free space in the party. You will just get a message that the battery don't have to be fixed.

1 minute ago, BlackShark said:

The Zigzagoon from the demo disc can be send to RS with full battery, as long as you have free space in the party. You will just get a message that the battery don't have to be fixed.

I know. I was wondering if the UK Distro can send Zigzagoons to RS with DEAD batteries.

IIRC when I tried it, it worked: Is that the bonus disc for Pokemon Collosseum, in PAL? If I can find it, I could try it out :P

(I have the v16 demo disc too for NTSC-U, and Pokemon Collosseum NTSC-U)

EDIT: Oooh, it's a cart. Welp.

If anyone wishes to borrow my UK Ruby cart (I tried fixing the battery and ended up taking half the trace off, so no battery easily ;P), they can do so c:

Edited by PokeAcer

12 hours ago, ajxpk said:

@Bond697 Thank you very much! Finally I had time to look into it.
So the Berry of METEOR JIRACHI is always Salac Berry? Interesting.

@Sabresite Btw. Just for everyone to know...
My idea was that these frames Sabresite is talking about were used for the Berries and OTG... (last is maybe just a placeholder because Negaiboshi is always male anyway just like Wishmkr...)
This would at least kinda explain why pid low is generated with the 3rd rand(), which wouldn't make too much sense otherwise.
However it could be that this theory is debunked now. At least I can definitely say it was not rand() / 3 & 1 in this case.

Small note: Pokémon Box Eggs had full 32 bit Seeds too I remember.
But this was a unique case, I wondering what was used to generate them?
But this is maybe nothing too important.

salac or ganlon

On 12/26/2016 at 12:23 PM, Bond697 said:

salac or ganlon

Oh, ok. Same method as Sabresite said?

Edit: I don't have access to a full version of IDA now so I can't check it out myself.
Sorry for that...

I just found out something regarding ROCKS Metang. Japan got that same event at Pokemon Festa 2005. Only difference is the Japanese one has フェスタ (Festa) as the OT. I also found an old topic that lists both them with the other BACD Restricted PID method events here.

What I'm getting at is, this might be an event that we can recreate using the 10ANNIV ROM (since the aforementioned topic lists it with all the 10ANNIV/10 ANIV events).

• Like 1

It's not that easy Invader Tak. I'm afraid to say that...
I need at least one more ROCKS Metang Gen 3 file to even be able to say if what we have is legal.
I'm still confused about its Trash Bytes because what you said is what I've expected.
But its Trash Bytes were totally different than it is the case with フェスタ.

Edit: What's even more worse is that I can't find a ROCKS Metang still as Gen 3 file.
All ROCKS Metang I could find were palparked already.

1 minute ago, ajxpk said:

It's not that easy @Invader TAK. I'm afraid to say that...
I need at least one more ROCKS Metang Gen 3 file to even be able to say if what we have is legal.
I'm still confused about its Trash Bytes because what you said is what I've expected.
But its Trash Bytes were totally different than it is the case with フェスタ.

Well, that's annoying.

3 hours ago, ajxpk said:

Man, that's gonna be so hard to find. I barely stumbled across the first one I found. I didn't even think there were any left in gen 3. 

Did you ever look into the PCNY Pokemon that I found? I'm pretty sure they're legit but I also can't look at trash bytes or interpret what they mean, even if I could. 

On 12/28/2016 at 7:46 AM, Sabresite said:

if we can get several ROCKS Metang then at least we can determine otg. I would venture to guess though that it's frame 5, rand () >> 7 & 1.

Always male. No worries!

On 12/28/2016 at 5:27 AM, HaxAras said:

Man, that's gonna be so hard to find. I barely stumbled across the first one I found. I didn't even think there were any left in gen 3. 

Did you ever look into the PCNY Pokemon that I found? I'm pretty sure they're legit but I also can't look at trash bytes or interpret what they mean, even if I could. 

I'm glad you remember me about them. I always wanted to check them but totally forgot.
Reason why I didn't paid much attention now is because their so different compared to the "regular" 3rd Gen Event...
So that we might need many of them to fully understand PCNY Event Pokémon. Correct me if I'm wrong.
I will check them out soon.

Edit: They all have the same Trash Bytes, but other stuff... I have no idea...
Anything known about their PID method?

Man, I need to stop using Bulbapedia for quick event lookup.  If ROCKS Metang OTG is always Male, that is another thing Bulbapedia probably has wrong.
Anyone want to go on there and update it?

Also the PCNY pokes I have do not have consistent trash bytes.  Some have no trash bytes, some do.  Not sure what to make of it.

• Like 3