Hex Values/ VS Recorder Legitimacy, etc.

Torte de Lini

Right, so I am trying to achieve the ultimate feat.: creating pokemon that can pass the Vs. Recorder. For most of you veterans (I've been using Pokesav since uh... July 2007?), this sounds easy, but for me, I'm having a large amount of trouble, especially with the arrival of Pokemon Platinum.

My biggest concern right now is transitioning my Pearl Pokemon to Platinum to make them appear as if I caught/bred them via Platinum and EV trained via Platinum. When I use the PID/IV Generator, I've realized that my pokemon never appear as a possible shiny. Is there anyway to get the correct algorithms of IVs that match the personality of my Pokemon and make it shiny (while also passing the VS. Recorder).

To add, what is the difference between Type 1, 2, 3 all the way to 8.

My second problem is Class in the PID category. That too has a "generate" button, is it of any use? Also, how do I know which ability is Class 1 and which ability is Class 2?

Since almost all my pokemon will be hatched from eggs on my Platinum game (to avoid mistakes and to ensure reliability), have the hex codes changed drastically?

Another question: If I trade an event pokemon I've downloaded and put on my pearl game and then wanted to put them on my Platinum game. Do I need to change their hex values? They theoretically will be traded from Pearl/Diamond to Platinum since the events have already passed

Do Pal Parked pokemon have their hex values changed as well?

And as a side-question, is there a site in which I can get some matching ID/SID for Trainers for previous-Gen games (wanted to use those IDs for my legendaries).

Yeah, I know these are a lot of questions and I apologize. I just want everything to be perfect and hopefully pass the VS. Recorder legitimacy check.

---------- Post added at 03:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 AM ----------

I forgot to add, please check here often as I will be constantly working on my .sav file and also recycling this topic to ask more questions.

Battle Recorder. Something that let's you record games.

To quote Serebii: "If you go into the recording mode, it will show you what you have stored in the Vs. Recorder. In the Vs. Recorder, you can store one of your own matches and three further matches from the Global Mode of the Vs. Recorder. You always have the option to delete them should you so wish so do not worry about having too many."

Apparently, it's a very useful tool. It allows you to record games and when you try to upload them, if one of your pokemons do not work or are illegit, they will say that they are unable to upload the battle due to either you or your opponents pokemon (it states which team has an illegit pokemon, but not which pokemon).

However, I do not know what they check for illegitimacy, probably Hex values, the IV/EV values and if the PID was legitly generated along with the correct origins.

An example: http://www.gamespot.com/ds/rpg/pokemonplatinum/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-48838269&pid=946308 Although, no one gives a confident confirmation, we can see what the error message says: "'There appears to be a problem with the recipient's pokemon, Data was not sent.'"

P.s I THOUGHT THIS WAS ABOUT HELPING ME DDD<

HHAAATTTEEEEE

lulz I kid. But, if I get some help on my pokemons, I can get some further tests in and evaluate this VS. Recorder (I do this professionally, so it's really not a problem)

Edited by Torte de Lini

I'm having trouble producing legitimate shinies along with algorithms that suit the personality and the PID.

Also, what is "type"? Are all pokemon Type 1?

Also:

This generator does not apply to hatched Pokémon or event Pokémon, as these conform to entirely different algorithms.

Is this true? If so, if I produced pokemon making them appear as if they came from an egg, how would I make them appear legal via the PID Generator?

Damn, my file didn't save so I have to do the PIDs again.

How do I know which ability of the pokemon is class 1 and which is class 2?

---------- Post added at 09:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 AM ----------

So, to reformulate all the questions unanswered:

• How do I know which ability of the pokemon is class 1 and which is class 2?
  • Also, what is "type"? Are all pokemon Type 1?
  • Also:
    This generator does not apply to hatched Pokémon or event Pokémon, as these conform to entirely different algorithms.
    Is this true? If so, if I produced pokemon making them appear as if they came from an egg, how would I make them appear legal via the PID Generator?
  • How do I make legitimate shinies with legitimate IVs and nature -- When I use the PID/IV Generator, I've realized that my pokemon never appear as a possible shiny. Is there anyway to get the correct algorithms of IVs that match the personality of my Pokemon and make it shiny (while also passing the VS. Recorder).
  • Since almost all my pokemon will be hatched from eggs on my Platinum game (to avoid mistakes and to ensure reliability), have the hex codes changed drastically?
  • Another question: If I trade an event pokemon I've downloaded and put on my pearl game and then wanted to put them on my Platinum game. Do I need to change their hex values? They theoretically will be traded from Pearl/Diamond to Platinum since the events have already passed
  • Do Pal Parked pokemon have their hex values changed as well?

Not sure what is meant by your question, and it should be posted in a new thread (do it).

I plan to test the exact criteria for this legit check and I'll get back to you. Obviously creating a legal pokemon to pass it is just an application of the criteria.

I don't know if this data is that useful but it may help.

I had used the IV Modifier code to determine the IVs of a Staryu I was breeding. Just now I used this Staryu in a battle between my Diamond and Platinum game and recorded the battle with the VS Recorder. I was able to upload the battle on Wi-Fi without a problem.