what do the extra bytes do in pkhex

hacks

• 3 years later...
19 minutes ago, AlphaComp said:

I have Lurantis with 17 Extra Byte.

What does that mean?

how do you determine there's extra bytes to begin with. You physically counted them with a hex editor?
also, I assume this is gen 7 data file?

Also, unused bytes in a set format does not matter. All of the pk7 follows the same template.
I guess it'll only be an issue if your Lurantis has extra bytes above other mons..

19 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

how do you determine there's extra bytes to begin with. You physically counted them with a hex editor?
also, I assume this is gen 7 data file?

Also, unused bytes in a set format does not matter. All of the pk7 follows the same template.
I guess it'll only be an issue if your Lurantis has extra bytes above other mons..

1.No,honestly.

2.Yes.UM data file.

3.Does it affect my data file if i have a pokemon with extra byte?

15 hours ago, Sabresite said:

Show screenshots of the data or post the Pokemon.

1887418447_PKHeX(20200414)-SAV7USUM_mainAlpha(UM)-2020-06-1215146_12_20203_48_08PM.png.597a4844df7ef7c5a854f39087294c18.png

When im editing my Poipole,I just realise that it also have extra bytes.

(I deleted my Lurantis cause i worried that it will broke my save file at that time)

Edited by AlphaComp

7 minutes ago, AlphaComp said:

1887418447_PKHeX(20200414)-SAV7USUM_mainAlpha(UM)-2020-06-1215146_12_20203_48_08PM.png.597a4844df7ef7c5a854f39087294c18.png

When im editing my Poipole,I just realise that it also have extra bytes.

(I deleted my Lurantis cause i worried that it will broke my save file at that time)

Those "Extra Bytes" are part of the pkx structure, so there isn't "additional bytes" on top of the standard file format.
Your original statement was a bit misleading; I don't know about the others, but it gave the impression that your file size for pkx was bigger than normal by 17 bytes.

Rather, these bytes usage are not known, so "extra" in the sense of "bytes in the standard file format that it is not known if it's used or how they're used".

31 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Those "Extra Bytes" are part of the pkx structure, so there isn't "additional bytes" on top of the standard file format.
Your original statement was a bit misleading; I don't know about the others, but it gave the impression that your file size for pkx was bigger than normal by 17 bytes.

Rather, these bytes usage are not known, so "extra" in the sense of "bytes in the standard file format that it is not known if it's used or how they're used".

So,It wont affect your save file or your pokemon?