Glitches when editing Soul Silver ROM

butts

I've been doing some text editing with SDSME's text editor and I've noticed some strange glitches in my ROM which make the game sorta unplayable. All I've done is use SDSME to edit text, nothing else. The text I've changed is in some cases larger than what I've replaced but as far as I am aware this should cause no issue. Does anybody know what could have caused these problems? It may have been that the ROM I was editing was bugged in the first place, or this is because I'm using Soul Silver instead of Heart Gold. Regardless I'm probably going to restart on a different ROM anyway, but I want to make sure I don't make the same mistakes again.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13884[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13885[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13886[/ATTACH]

These were the most common errors. Entire segments of the overworld would outright disappear, and most warps would break when this happened. The menu graphics are also bugged in some cases.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13887[/ATTACH]

Occasionally the game would freeze at this point in battles with the Pokeballs spinning indefinitely.

I've also had the game freeze at the event with the Kimono Girl in Violet City, but I didn't get a screenshot of that. The menu graphics were bugged there too.

None of the areas where this happened were areas where I had edited the text, and they did not happen consistently, although they happened far too often for the ROM to be playable.

I've been doing some text editing with SDSME's text editor and I've noticed some strange glitches in my ROM which make the game sorta unplayable. All I've done is use SDSME to edit text, nothing else. The text I've changed is in some cases larger than what I've replaced but as far as I am aware this should cause no issue. Does anybody know what could have caused these problems? It may have been that the ROM I was editing was bugged in the first place, or this is because I'm using Soul Silver instead of Heart Gold. Regardless I'm probably going to restart on a different ROM anyway, but I want to make sure I don't make the same mistakes again.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13884[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13885[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13886[/ATTACH]

These were the most common errors. Entire segments of the overworld would outright disappear, and most warps would break when this happened. The menu graphics are also bugged in some cases.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13887[/ATTACH]

Occasionally the game would freeze at this point in battles with the Pokeballs spinning indefinitely.

I've also had the game freeze at the event with the Kimono Girl in Violet City, but I didn't get a screenshot of that. The menu graphics were bugged there too.

None of the areas where this happened were areas where I had edited the text, and they did not happen consistently, although they happened far too often for the ROM to be playable.

Probably an issue with the ROM you got. Also make sure you're using the most updated version of SDSME.