Gen III Event Contribution Thread

1 hour ago, ajxpk said:

Serebii is wrong. The Japanese Aurora Ticket was only distributed in Summer 2004, before Emerald was released.
The software at that time had no support for Emerald games. Same goes for the U.S. Aurora Ticket which was distributed in Summer 2004 as well.
The reason why the European Aurora Ticket is compatible with Emerald is because it was distributed in 2005 and the software was updated to support Emerald in the meanwhile.

It is surprising they didn't do this for Japan.

The fact that Emerald Aurora Tickets exist is pure luck, because it took another year to distribute the Aurora Ticket in Europe and NoE localized the updated version of the software.

When you ask me I don't think that it was ever really planned to be distribute to Emerald. Otherwise the original distribution period would have been laid out differently. It still happened for coincidental reasons and we're damn lucky to have them all collected in time. But this was only possible because some branches of Nintendo of Europe worked independently and decided to distribute it for many years. Originally it was distributed before the European Emerald release.

We were actually struggling about the question whether or not the Emerald Aurora Tickets are legal until we learned about the “Extended Distributions”. Otherwise they would be in the category of “Unreleased Events”.

Edited by ajxpk

• 1 month later...
50 minutes ago, XerneusGuy said:

I have an old copy of Japanese Sapphire with a movie preorder Jirachi on it, I was wondering if you guys have this event as I can't see it on the list and if this particular one I have is legit. Would appreciate any help in finding out :) here's the save file  

POKEMON_SAPP_AXPJ00.sav

looks like that's the wishing star jirachi from 203

5 hours ago, XerneusGuy said:

I have an old copy of Japanese Sapphire with a movie preorder Jirachi on it, I was wondering if you guys have this event as I can't see it on the list and if this particular one I have is legit. Would appreciate any help in finding out :) here's the save file  

POKEMON_SAPP_AXPJ00.sav

It looks legit. I reverted it back to UT and added it to our collection. Thank you for the contribution!

RS - ネガイボシ Jirachi (7B7D) (JPN).pk3

You can find our other Negaiboshi (Wishing Star 2003) Jirachi here.

• Like 5

• 5 weeks later...

Not an actual Released Event, but here there are SOFO Celebi and ARENA Pikachu from Italian Colosseum. These events are programmed into the Bonus Disc leftovers inside the PAL Colosseum.

For reference, you can find detailed instruction on how to redeem them in this post: 

Downloads:

251 - CELEBI - 6891F0759DAF.ck3

025 - PIKACHU - 998DCB52AB54.ck3

I'm not toally sure, but i think there is also a working multiboot rom for GBA Link cable. Will do some test in the future.

Screenshots: 

Edited by SkyLink24
  • Like 1

Two Mystic Tickets from Pokémon Rocks America 2005 were collected from indepentent sources, it's the same as the one that was distributed at the Nintendo World Store aka '"MYSTIC TICKET" Exchange Card'. Since this Wonder Card was definitely distributed at Pokémon Rocks America 2005 I have updated the Bulbapedia article.

In addition I removed "Pokémon Rocks America 2005" from the Missing Mystery Gift list. Only @Soniktts claims that it exists and that it's in his possession, but he can't proof it. Not even with a screenshot or provide its data for verification, which now would be more important than ever.

Edited by ajxpk