Help understanding the pk3DS Move Editor

Askhar

Hello everyone. This is my first post.

I've been trying to edit some moves on pk3DS, hoping to make them more useful. For example, I'd like to turn Dragon Rush into a Dragon-type Brave Bird and Sand Attack into a move that would be exactly like Mud-Slap (20 BP, 100 Accuracy, Target's Accuracy -1).

I have no idea what the "Effect", "0xB", "Flags 1" and "Flags 2" parameters do, but since there are already existing moves I can use as models (e.g. Mud-Slap for Sand Attack), I thought applying the exact same values to the moves I wanted to edit would work. As you can see in the screenshot attached, that's what I did.

However, when I tested my changes using HANS, I realized editing moves was not that easy. Sand Attack does not inflict damage, but will be super effective if used against a Pokémon weak to Ground.

Could anyone explain to me how the Move Editor works? I can't seem to figure it out myself :(

• 4 weeks later...

I would love to see these things explained as well. I'm trying to make two stage moves only take one turn. Stupid Fly, taking two turns and making my battle last twice as long.. anyways.

I figured the issue might have to do with flags, but I have no idea, and can't seem to find an explanation anywhere! Here's hoping someone will enlighten us.