Converter for Gen II VC save files

MichiS97

Hi,

so I've seen a lot of people on here that complained about always having to hex edit the save file of a second gen game when they're playing it in the Virtual Console, because it has a different size then the normal (emulator?) save files that can be used with PKHeX. Now, I'm sure that this is going to be fixed soon by Kaphotics or somebody else, but for now, I've developed a very tiny converter which automatically adds enough 0's to your save file so that it can be edited with PKHeX.

Here it is: sav_converter.zip

The usage really is as simple as it gets: Just drag your sav.dat file onto the exe and, depending on the current size of the file, the converter will either append enough bytes to the file so it can be opened with PKHeX, or it will delete the last 28 bytes from the file so that it can be re-injected into your Virtual Console.

sav_converter.zip

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, MichiS97 said:

Yes, it was lost after the hack, I'll re-upload it right away. 

Edit: Done. Check the original post.

If you're able to, you should upload it to https://projectpokemon.org/forums/files/category/53-save-editing/

While it's not a typical save editor per se, it does edit the save to function on VC injects!
Do include a screenshot, so users can visualize what they're getting

2 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

If you're able to, you should upload it to https://projectpokemon.org/forums/files/category/53-save-editing/

While it's not a typical save editor per se, it does edit the save to function on VC injects!
Do include a screenshot, so users can visualize what they're getting

Thanks for the suggestion, I uploaded my tool in our directory. I can't provide a screenshot though, since the converter doesn't have any sort of GUI.

• Like 1