VC RBY - Virtual Console Mew (UK)

BlackShark

On 02/02/2017 at 1:05 AM, Invader TAK said:

It helps that the VC Mews are always perfect DV clones. And considering Glitch Mews are blocked (unless you use the 8F method to change the OT and TID), I wouldn't surprised if more VC Mew events happen this year.

Since we already have the Mew,
the next thing I'm looking forward to is VC release of Crystal.

If they're nice enough to give us the GS ball,
we may finally get our first Shiny Celebi!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Since we already have the Mew,
the next thing I'm looking forward to is VC release of Crystal.

If they're nice enough to give us the GS ball,
we may finally get our first Shiny Celebi!

What'd be really cool is if they work Crystal's Mobile Data Center into the 3DS's online, but that'd mean altering things for the non-Japanese release.

1 minute ago, Invader TAK said:

What'd be really cool is if they work Crystal's Mobile Data Center into the 3DS's online, but that'd mean altering things for the non-Japanese release.

That's if they do get it to work.
(also, they could make our VC Gen 1 work off friends list, but nooooo, they only wanted to make it Local :/)

Have there been any VC games that use 3DS's Internet (not local wireless) functions so far?

5 minutes ago, Invader TAK said:

In fact the datas still exist in International Version but are not used. The map also.

So if they want to use it it'll be easy.

But I think that it'll be easier to just erase the data and replace it with a Global Link system or something like that.

Edit: Or a LAN yeah like in VBA.

Edited by jojo12100

2 minutes ago, jojo12100 said:

In fact the datas still exist in International Version but are not used. The map also.

So if they want to use it it'll be easy.

But I think that it'll be easier to just erase the data and replace it with a Global Link system or something like that.

I think replacing it with the Global Link system is NOT easy at all.

Architecture should be completely different.

It'll be easier for them to just make it local wireless, again. (since they're lazy)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

I think replacing it with the Global Link system is NOT easy at all.

Architecture should be completely different.

It'll be easier for them to just make it local wireless, again. (since they're lazy)

You're right they're lazy and that's sad because there's so much thing to do.

Sometimes "new functions" are not released because of technical issues (double wild battle for example) but most of the time is purely "arbitrary".

Maybe we can launch a new project to show them it's possible? I mean to trade worldwide with a GSC rom.

Edited by jojo12100

The VC local wireless does even use standard comuniaction protocols? I recall older pokémon games using custom ones for local trading, but I agree global trading with chat rooms would be possible, or even just a box to input IP... but so difficult to implement. They could have added an alternative box managing system to the emulator, but they didn't (that's something I wished to happen).

What I still have my hopes on is that they release celebi as an event. There's an easy way to do this, but I don't think they'll be doing it:

1.- Have special download codes for the people "wining" the event
2.- The code downloads an app from the store
3.- When the app is run, you can select a crystal game in the console and enable the celebi event.

That would work, but I highly doubt we'll be seeing this, they'll just go for trade distro again if they ever do this. The celebi event is just a flag, when it's enabled you'll start the gs ball events after exiting the pokémon center in 

My opinion is that the original distro was probably just a script uploaded to the server that the game would download and execute, a script I guess was only enabling that flag, in the same way the egg events were reproduced a while ago at glitchcity forums by hacky, but unfortunately the download links are long gone (even though we could have downloaded the files when they were online with a computer, if we knew the address).

1 hour ago, suloku said:

The VC local wireless does even use standard comuniaction protocols? I recall older pokémon games using custom ones for local trading, but I agree global trading with chat rooms would be possible, or even just a box to input IP... but so difficult to implement. They could have added an alternative box managing system to the emulator, but they didn't (that's something I wished to happen).

What I still have my hopes on is that they release celebi as an event. There's an easy way to do this, but I don't think they'll be doing it:

1.- Have special download codes for the people "wining" the event
2.- The code downloads an app from the store
3.- When the app is run, you can select a crystal game in the console and enable the celebi event.

That would work, but I highly doubt we'll be seeing this, they'll just go for trade distro again if they ever do this. The celebi event is just a flag, when it's enabled you'll start the gs ball events after exiting the pokémon center in 

My opinion is that the original distro was probably just a script uploaded to the server that the game would download and execute, a script I guess was only enabling that flag, in the same way the egg events were reproduced a while ago at glitchcity forums by hacky, but unfortunately the download links are long gone (even though we could have downloaded the files when they were online with a computer, if we knew the address).

Yeah they'd never do that, they know 100% it would immediately get uploaded to various piracy websites. :P

It's more likely they would host it through Pokémon Bank, if they did something like that. They can always make a Bank update that adds a serial code redemption menu, give away serial codes, user enters it, selects a relevant VC game, and the gift gets written to its save file.

• 11 months later...

That's an awful screw up. Though I'm sure the trashbytes could be corrected, and it probably isn't checked for transfer legality. Even if you don't care to transfer, those question marks would annoy me. Luckily I had already decided to use a fresh YOSHIRA in my Crystal playthrough.

16 minutes ago, Deoxyz said:

That's an awful screw up. Though I'm sure the trashbytes could be corrected, and it probably isn't checked for transfer legality. Even if you don't care to transfer, those question marks would annoy me. Luckily I had already decided to use a fresh YOSHIRA in my Crystal playthrough.

Well, the nickname and OT can be fixed via ACE in GS.

yup, those trash bytes aren't checked (which is why ACE'd Mew will transfer)

@ajxpk as a matter of fact, it is indeed a separate VC title with save restore function, And we can find on the cdn (just can't get it due to not having its enc_key)

Yeah, IIRC the correct terminator to use would have been x50, but instead they used x00, so the remaining trash becomes ? In Gen 2

I've restored @RupeeClock's Pokemon Yellow save from directly after he received the Mew to my 3DS. Having never placed the Mew in the PC traded it directly to Pokemon Gold on another 3DS.

I can confirm on the VC version of Gold the Mew's name and OT are not messed up. I then restored the Yellow save and traded another, both Mew's were identical when extracted from my Gold save.

You can find the Mew from my testing attached, this Mew has never been deposited in the PC.

151 - MEW - 6545.pk2

1 hour ago, ajxpk said:

Thanks @InsaneNutter.  Yep, same as Holla!.
I wonder what happens when you send it back to VC Gen 1? Needs to be tested to see if these Mews are legal/legit in VC Gen 1 like this. 

If you need it, here's a Mew I just now traded from Yellow to Silver back to Yellow. Was directly imported/extracted from my party and never put into a box.

151 - MEW - 9225.pk1

Edited by Holla!
  • Like 1

To make sure I'm understanding this correctly, the question marks only appear if either injected into Gen II, or traded when the savefiles aren't on Virtual Console?

Then it's not really as big of a problem as I thought as long as VC trading is correcting the terminator.

45 minutes ago, ajxpk said:

Yep, exactly. It seems they already noticed this issue and added a patch.
Once we confirmed how it works exactly I think it would make a lot sense to add this fix to PKHeX. 
Let's try another VC Pokemon other than VC Mew. I prepared a file for this: 025 - PIKACHU - D168.pk1

Here you go.

Was imported to VC Yellow save's Party, traded to VC Crystal save and traded back to Yellow.

025 - PIKACHU - 9940.pk1

025 - PIKACHU - D91F.pk2

59 minutes ago, ajxpk said:

Yep, exactly. It seems they already noticed this issue and added a patch.
Once we confirmed how it works exactly I think it would make a lot sense to add this fix to PKHeX. 
Let's try another VC Pokemon other than VC Mew. I prepared a file for this: 025 - PIKACHU - D168.pk1

Btw. @theSLAYER, I just noticed that something seems to be wrong with the VC Mews in the Gallery.
Maybe they weren't dumped correctly. I added clean extracted pk1 files to this post.

151 - ミュウ - 796D.pk1

151 - MEW - 6E8C.pk1

What's wrong with the Mews, the trash bytes?

pretty sure the Japanese one was dumped straight from my save, before deposting it in a PC (in order to keep the trash bytes intact)

@Sabresite thoughts?

45 minutes ago, ajxpk said:

Same case. So the patch is not for GF Mew only. Kinda makes me wonder if this is for all Pokemon in Gen 2 VC Pokemon?
If you like you can send some random Pokemon, both traded from VC Gen 1 to VC Gen 2 and caught in VC Gen 2. 

@theSLAYER. Not the Trash Bytes. The English GF Mew for example has a terminator set after its Species Name/Nickname.
And the Japanese ゲーフリ Mew looks like bad hack, it's LV 100, has perfect EVs, Flamethrower, Hyper Beam, Fire Punch and Blizzard. lol
@Sabresite it seems your special expert advice is needed here. :D 

Hmmm. I'll go retrieve my save and upload it XD. Gimme a moment

edit: @ajxpk here it is (the save).
japanese mew save.dat

Just to be sure it isn't an app writing in the terminator, check the nickname, by using Hex editor on the entire save.

edit2: LOL, the one in the event gallery was probably a hacked cloned of mine.
I just replaced it with the one in the save above :)

5 minutes ago, ajxpk said:

I have both save files and I already extracted them.
You can find both Mews above. I also checked the dat files with a Hex Editor to see if everything is fine.
No worries, PKHeX extracted them correctly. 

CRC32 for the pk1s:

GF Mew
8ABC92FD

ゲーフリ ミュウ
IF38B3AED

I've already uploaded them both to event gallery!

Also, based on what I'm reading here (that trading between VC titles fixes the trash), that means that the like reasons why people see the "???" in Mew's name is:
1. used PKHeX to import it
2. traded on emulator, then imported the save

13 minutes ago, ajxpk said:

Yeah, or on a Game Boy, too. In case someone has the crazy idea to get their VC Mew on the original versions. :D  
This fix is Virtual Console only. The VC patch is doing this, but we need to find out what exactly it does.
It should be added to PKHeX as it's an important factor when it comes to legality. 

Cool! In the mean time, I'm doing some trading for japanese PK1 and PK2, and will upload them shortly