VC RBY - Virtual Console Mew (UK)

BlackShark

A few lucky residents of the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland will soon be able to get a Mew on their Virtual Console version of Red, Blue or Yellow!

The Mew is going to be distributed at an event at The Old Truman Brewery in London on November 22, 2016.

To get a Mew you will need a ticket that you can win in a promotion. Only 50 pairs of tickets are available.

To enter the promotion you have to share the reason you can’t wait to visit Alola, alongside the hashtag #PokemonSunMoon and @NintendoUK on Twitter.

The promotion is running until November 8, 2016 at 23:59 (GMT).

More Information: http://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/2016/November/Nintendo-UK-s-Pokemon-Festival-A-Pokemon-Sun-Pokemon-Moon-launch-celebration--1152793.html

There are currently no details about the Mew.

A few lucky residents of the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland will soon be able to get a Mew on their Virtual Console version of Red, Blue or Yellow!

The Mew is going to be distributed at an event at The Old Truman Brewery in London on November 22, 2016.

To get a Mew you will need a ticket that you can win in a promotion. Only 50 pairs of tickets are available.

To enter the promotion you have to share the reason you can’t wait to visit Alola, alongside the hashtag #PokemonSunMoon and @NintendoUK on Twitter.

The promotion is running until November 8, 2016 at 23:59 (GMT).

More Information: http://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/2016/November/Nintendo-UK-s-Pokemon-Festival-A-Pokemon-Sun-Pokemon-Moon-launch-celebration--1152793.html

There are currently no details about the Mew.

Any news on anyone trying to go for this?

Yeah make harder and harder events to get that's seem to be the new motto of the Pokemon Company, unfortunately in order to participate you have to live in England or Ireland, have a twitter account, be older than 18 ...

We have to find somebody here who can participate !

I realy hope we can get someone to dump this mew. With all the homebrewed 3DS there must be someone right? I hope it is the same as the japanesse distribution, being all perfect DV Mew clones. We wouldn't even need a save dump if this was confirmed.

We should try to at least gather pictures from people at twitter, to see if all have the same OT and stats, if all base stats at level 5 are 16 for all the distributed mews, that would mean this distro mimics the japanesse one.

Also, why only UK?

I realy hope we can get someone to dump this mew. With all the homebrewed 3DS there must be someone right? I hope it is the same as the japanesse distribution, being all perfect DV Mew clones. We wouldn't even need a save dump if this was confirmed.

We should try to at least gather pictures from people at twitter, to see if all have the same OT and stats, if all base stats at level 5 are 16 for all the distributed mews, that would mean this distro mimics the japanesse one.

Also, why only UK?

I'm assuming it'll eventually reach US as well, perhaps to tie in to:

Mew Z crystal

Well, it'll be good if we can confirm attendance of any sort..

Won't we be able to transfer our glitch caught and the official past Gen I event Mews or do they have something else in the data that could be deemed nontransferable?

Also 50 is all down to luck for someone who can extract it from their 3DS. I guess we could always hack it based on the info if no one manages to win it or if someone knows the staff of the distributors they can always get help from them. :P

Won't we be able to transfer our glitch caught and the official past Gen I events Mews or do they have something else in the data that could be deemed nontransferable?

Actually, the UK event may shed some light on this.

The official Japanese had slight differences against a glitched one,

ie. having illegal characters in nickname (characters normally not select-able in normal gameplay).

If the UK (and maybe future US event) events too bear these characters,

it would mean glitched *may* not be transferable.

Also, it could depend of the DVs being distributed..

Side-note, would it be wise for me a collate some sort of contributor-per-locale type of database?

(meaning we declare we are in which region, and likelihood to attend local wireless events, and compile said data.)

I don't personally think there will be any kind of restriction if the distributed Mews are perfect DV, since any other Mew would, as much, be as good as the one they distributed, thus not being unfair for the players who got it at the event, and still allow to not piss all the people who got a glitched one. I think the existence of the Mew glitch is too widely known to just ignore it. and since there is going to be an UK event, that means non-japanese mews will also be allowed I guess?

But this is nintendo we are talking about, so anything could happen... but since you can "upgrade" IVs in gen 7, I don't think they care much about gen1 DVs.

We must remember that they previously locked out Shiny Jirachi,

Even though it was proven to be obtainable.

Also, with the 20th anniversary going on,

Mew was widely obtainable in Gen VI,

So they probably could lock Mew out by making only the right OT pass through bank.

Same with shiny Manaphy, except they didn't end up releasing an official one so that one is probably even still blocked isn't it?

If they ended up going by OT, then at least it's still possible to just make a save file with that OT and get one through the glitch, unless the OT contains characters that can't be entered through the in-game name screen.

unless the OT contains characters that can't be entered through the in-game name screen.

That is the case with the JP VC Mew, actually.

They used 00 character encoding to terminate the OT name, which is a character not found in the character menu.

I think they eventually did let Shiny Manaphy through, way earlier than Jirachi

(Jirachi was only allowed through after they released the Shiny Jirachi in Japan, during Tanabata)

I know at least one person from UK who (I wouldn't even be surprised) might participate but he's a collector and would not share it... so that wouldn't help us much.

I also think that it will be tough not even just to find one person but also one who wins one of the 50 Tickets.

But even the chances are low I still have hopes that we might be able to get this Mew one way or another.

The funny thing is that if an obviously glitched/hacked Event Mew is locked out from being transferred using Pokémon Bank would be a good thing for us.

Because that would mean we could just figure out how it has to be via trial and error until we got it right.

Since Gen I Pokémon data is very simple compared to the newer Gens I'm pretty optimistic.

Of course it would be much easier if at least IVs would be the same (maxed out) like it's the case with the JP Mew and if the OT Trash Bytes are similar to that one.

I think sooner or later at least one of the 50 distributed Mews might pop-up, even if it's just on a Screenshot showing the Status Screen.

(Which would give us at least infos about the IVs, OT and ID info...)

For the rest Pokémon Bank could serve as a legality checker.

I'm even hoping that hacked Mews with will be locked out because of this reason tbh. :rolleyes:

Otherwise we would have to get one of these Mews...

I've entered the draw for the fifty tickets. Some people seem to be under the impression that there will only be 50 tickets though. If you read the source, it says that this is only the first of a few different distributions of the tickets. I'll enter any that I can.

I've entered the draw for the fifty tickets. Some people seem to be under the impression that there will only be 50 tickets though. If you read the source, it says that this is only the first of a few different distributions of the tickets. I'll enter any that I can.

I was under the impression that there's only 50.

Good to hear that there will be more than one type of distribution.

Hope you win!

Eurogamer is giving away 30 pairs of tickets.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-11-07-win-tickets-to-nintendos-pokemon-sun-and-moon-launch-event

Nintendo Life is also giving away 30 pairs of tickets.

http://www.nintendolife.com/competitions/win_tickets_to_an_exclusive_uk_pokemon_sun_and_pokemon_moon_launch_event

I entered the Eurogamer one but didn't find out about the Nintendo Life one until entry was already closed.

I entered the Eurogamer one but didn't find out about the Nintendo Life one until entry was already closed.

Good luck! I've also entered the Eurogamer one, however can't realistically go even if I did win.

It would be 4+ hours to London on a train for me, on a day I wouldn't be able to get off work.

On the remote chance I do actually win your more than welcome to my ticket.

Would going to the event and try someone that won willing to share it after receiving be too wild? Maybe one of those already has a 3ds with CFW, or would be willing to use a cfw 3ds to get a save backup, then he receives the mew to his save via another trade. Am I having too much faith?

Would going to the event and try someone that won willing to share it after receiving be too wild? Maybe one of those already has a 3ds with CFW, or would be willing to use a cfw 3ds to get a save backup, then he receives the mew to his save via another trade. Am I having too much faith?

It'll be hard to verify the legitimacy if it was received via trade.

Best scenario is if it's by someone here, who went and took photographs and documented the process.

What I meant was going there, then contact some of the fortunate winners and try convincing one to colaborate, maybe even using a CFW 3ds to get the mew so the save can be backed up. After that is done, the CFW 3ds used trades the mew to the person who was supposed to get it in the first place. Of course, this needs a lot of trust for both sides, but demonstrating the save backup/restore capabilities might be enough proof, problem would be trusting your system to another person in the case the event is somewhat private.

• 3 weeks later...

Nice finding!
Looks pretty much like the Japanese one.
Just with "GF" as OT and "22796" as ID. 
But it seems to have perfect IVs ect... 
Chances are high that the Trash Bytes are the same as well.

Edited by ajxpk

While I didn't manage to win any tickets I turned up to the event anyway and managed to bullshit my way through the Bouncers and Nintendo employees. So I managed to get a Mew which has identical stats and ID/OT to the one posted above. Unfortunately, I stupidly forgot to charge my main 3DS so I had to use my second one which isn't hacked and is on the newest firmware. Luckily I believe you only need the Homebrew Launcher to extract save files and thus PKX files and I have OoT and a Powersaves device so I can install the Homebrew Launcher even on 11.2. However they are on the other side of the country right now so I won't be able to do so for a week or two.

Anyway, here are some images of the Mew and from the event. Hopefully they are good enough proof.

Glad Project Pokemon is back.

Edited by HMM
  • Like 4

Wow! This is awesome!

Yes, you can dump with your setup from the 11.2 3DS, please contact me if you need any assistance as the vc releases need the 9.6+ mmap xml files.

Also, is the save with the mew just after receiving it? Shouldn't make much difference, but a just received state, with no storage in pc would be the best for archival purposes.

These are so good news!