[GEN III] Mystery Gift Tool - Nintendo Events, Wondercards, e-Trainer cards and e-Berry editor (and more!)

suloku

48 minutes ago, SkyLink98 said:

No. Gba Backup Tool will flash the save into the cartridge, you can eject the cart from the console and the edited file will still be there.

Unless you have a bootleg copy of the game, in that case the save restore process might not be succesfull.

And how can I keep my edited save file into my cartridge?Because I have the old one stored too in GBA Backup Tool.I mean that I don't want the edited file only with GBA Backup Tool but also without it.In addition,will I find the secret tickets (which I chose to obtain) in my bag immediately?

Edited by jimaws1

You can have multiple saves on the SD card in which you have GBA Backup Tool, you can select the one to be restored in the cart each time you run the tool. Please read carefully the tutorial @BlackShark posted here.

Once you inject an event Wonder Card in Gen 3, you have to talk with a delivery man/pg in order to claim the gift. It may change between the games or the event, so check the info for the event you're interested in.

14 minutes ago, SkyLink98 said:

You can have multiple saves on the SD card in which you have GBA Backup Tool, you can select the one to be restored in the cart each time you run the tool. Please read carefully the tutorial @BlackShark posted here.

Once you inject an event Wonder Card in Gen 3, you have to talk with a delivery man/pg in order to claim the gift. It may change between the games or the event, so check the info for the event you're interested in.

Thank you very much for the info!I will try it

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm trying to get my Japanese Emerald to get the Old Sea Map, but whenever I try to drag the save file into the program it says it's an invalid file. I grabbed the save file from my Retron 5 if that makes a difference. Do I need to convert the .sav file into something else?

Hello guys!I tried to inject my events in my cartridge but I have an issue at one step.I used the Mystery Gift Tool 0.1e for editing my sav.file and I pressed the Button "Official Event Distributor".Then,it appeared me the new window with Gen3 Event Toll 0.1e,I chose the event for my cartridge and at the end I pressed "Inject and Save".After this,it appeared me a window with a message and I have the choice to press "Continue" or "Exit".So,i press continue and I imagined that I have the event but unfortuntely I didn't get it.What does it happen?

• 3 months later...

Necro time.

After downloading and compiling the source, I cannot find the ect files. After grabbing some bins from a post by team fail somewhere around here and changing the extension to ect, I get "INVALID SIZE" even though it is 1.88kb

I am ready to farm this out to someone for help please and thank you 

Necro time.

After downloading and compiling the source, I cannot find the ect files. After grabbing some bins from a post by team fail somewhere around here and changing the extension to ect, I get "INVALID SIZE" even though it is 1.88kb

I am ready to farm this out to someone for help please and thank you 

On 3/7/2018 at 8:29 PM, BlackShark said:

Try redownloading the latest release https://github.com/suloku/wc-tool/releases/latest I just checked the files in there and they are working fine for me. They are ect files with a size of 188 bytes each.

I'm not seeing any .ect files here

EDIT: in case anyone comes looking here, grab the TEST.ECT file from the files section, and edit that. The only thing I need to do now is convert the .ect to dot code, however I am unsure of how to go about doing this

Edited by DragonmasterDX
new info

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello everybody, I'm a newbie. With the Wii version of this tool I was able to inject the events for the Aurora Ticket and Mystic Ticket in my italian Emerald cartridge (original), but the Eon Ticket and the Old Sea Map are missing, there are only the Aurora Ticket and Mystic Ticket (USA). I'm playing on an italian original copy of Pokémon Emerald and I'm currently using the tool on Wii.

Anyway, when I inserted my Pokémon Ruby cartridge the Eon ticket was shown and ready to be transfered to my cartridge, and after a quick research I discovered that the only way to get an Eon Ticket on Emerald is by linking with a Ruby/Sapphire cartridge that already has an Eon ticket.

As for the Old Sea Map, though, it is indeed missing because this event was only available for Emerald. From what I've read in this topic, it's probably because back in the days it was only released in Japan, but I've also read that some people were working on it to be available on this tool. Are there any news? Could I download the Old Sea Map on my italian Cartridge?

Anyway, this tool is amazing! It has allowed me to get the Aurora and Mystic Ticket that I have been looking for a while! If it had the Old Sea Map available it would be perfect.
Nonetheless, I was able to get two event items on my cartidge when I thought it was impossible. Definitely one great tool, keep up the good work.

Edited by gabrielegranata

1 hour ago, SkyLink98 said:

You can use the PC application or the BlackShark's PKHeX Plugin to load the Old Sea Map wondercard into your save file.

Of course the Mew will never be legal, since the Old Sea Map has never been released outside japan.

Okay, I've tried importing the wondercard into my save file by overriding region and selecting Japanese, but still, even though it says the wondercard was imported successfully, when I load my save file and get to the 2nd floor the postman isn't there. I've tried many times now, but still nothing has changed. Any suggestions?

By the way, just out of curiosity, will there ever be the chance to import the Old Sea Map on my save file using the Wii tool? It's just that it feels so cool to stay there and wait with a cable linked to a console. Not that it's really important, just wondering.

24 minutes ago, gabrielegranata said:

Okay, I've tried importing the wondercard into my save file by overriding region and selecting Japanese, but still, even though it says the wondercard was imported successfully, when I load my save file and get to the 2nd floor the postman isn't there. I've tried many times now, but still nothing has changed. Any suggestions?

With the Mystery Gift Tool should be enough to load your save file, click Inject WC3, load the WC you want and export the edited save file where you want.

With the PKHeX Plugin, load your save file into PKHeX, click on Tools -> WC3 Plugin -> Mystery Gift (WC3) -> Import the WC3 you want, click on File and export the edited save file.

If you can't receive the Old Sea Map in-game, either you didn't imported the wondercard into the save file, or you did not export the edited save file in the right location.

I'm a bit confused by your words " I've tried importing the wondercard into my save file by overriding region and selecting Japanese". You have to select your save file language, if prompted. Not another language. Assuming you're using the BlackShark's plugin and you're playing in Italian, you have to select EU/US.

24 minutes ago, gabrielegranata said:

By the way, just out of curiosity, will there ever be the chance to import the Old Sea Map on my save file using the Wii tool? It's just that it feels so cool to stay there and wait with a cable linked to a console. Not that it's really important, just wondering.

The Wii homebrew only send official events. You can redeem the Old Seam Map with a japanese Emerald cart.

1 hour ago, SkyLink98 said:

With the Mystery Gift Tool should be enough to load your save file, click Inject WC3, load the WC you want and export the edited save file where you want.

With the PKHeX Plugin, load your save file into PKHeX, click on Tools -> WC3 Plugin -> Mystery Gift (WC3) -> Import the WC3 you want, click on File and export the edited save file.

If you can't receive the Old Sea Map in-game, either you didn't imported the wondercard into the save file, or you did not export the edited save file in the right location.

I'm a bit confused by your words " I've tried importing the wondercard into my save file by overriding region and selecting Japanese". You have to select your save file language, if prompted. Not another language. Assuming you're using the BlackShark's plugin and you're playing in Italian, you have to select EU/US.

The Wii homebrew only send official events. You can redeem the Old Seam Map with a japanese Emerald cart.

All right, I made it work, all thanks to you! Never in a million years I would have thought this day would ever come!

Thank you very much for your suggestion and expecially thank you all for the hard work you've done for us to get something that we desired so much when we were children.

Thank you.

• 1 month later...

I know maybe it is a problem with my save file and that maybe the project is not active because the Gen 3 is way to old, but the option to activate the TV and Swarm events in my Pokémon Emerald save fails when I get any battle frontier symbol. Everything else seems to work just fine, I tried with a different save that has no symbol and seems to work too. If needed, I could attach the file. Thank you all for this amazing tool, and have a nice weekend.

• 4 weeks later...

As I mentioned over in the Discord I became interested in the e-Reader again and decided to translate the Japanese e-Reader Berries so they could be used with English Ruby/Sapphire save files by using the ECB Editor. These are .ecb files so you'll need to use the Inject e-berry option in Mystery Gift Tool to make use of them. These are unofficial of course as they were never released in English but I figured some people might want them. Credits to all involved in researching Gen 3 as well as Bulbapedia for the English translations of the Japanese e-Reader Berries' tag descriptions.

Translated e-Reader Berries.zip

• Like 2

As a follow up to my previous post, with the help of BlackShark's tutorial on making custom e-Cards the translated Japanese e-Reader Berries are now in .bin and .raw format. This in the case of the .raw files would allow you to print out dot codes and scan them into an actual e-Reader while .bin and .raw can also be used through emulation. As with the .ecb files which are also included these are unofficial as they were never actually released in English but some people might want to use them.

With thanks to BlackShark for making that tutorial as this would not have been possible without it.

Translated e-Reader Berry Cards.zip

• Like 2

Hello everybody, I just read the first page of this thread, but I would appreciate if anyone could tell me if there is a way of sharing the Old Sea Map wonder card from Jap Emerald to non-Jap Emerald, so Mew can be caught officially once and for all...

11 hours ago, MechKyo said:

Hello everybody, I just read the first page of this thread, but I would appreciate if anyone could tell me if there is a way of sharing the Old Sea Map wonder card from Jap Emerald to non-Jap Emerald, so Mew can be caught officially once and for all...

From JPN to Non-JPN? There isn't.

• 1 year later...
On 10/30/2016 at 8:17 PM, suloku said:

Please, always keep a backup of your savegames!

To know where this comes from, please read this thread: https://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?46883-GEN-3-Mystery-Gift-Research

PC Version: https://github.com/projectpokemon/Gen3-WCTool/releases/

GC/Wii Homebrew: https://github.com/suloku/gba-link-cable-dumper/releases/

NDS Homebrew: https://github.com/suloku/savegame-manager/releases/

e-Reader savegames for Eon Ticket transfer (all regions) via Link Cable with real hardware: EON_ticket_ereader_savegames.zip
EON_TICKETS.thumb.png.12ccb3a455327e67b8f4145c9b71152c.png

http://puu.sh/s1c5R/7d81f1b02f.png

http://puu.sh/s1c7C/57e008baa2.png

Sorry, I can't make a propper post right now. I'll try to get this decent tomorrow. There are some readme included.

FAQ:

Q: What's the diference between using any of these injection apps and sending my cartridge to nintendo?

A: None.

Q: I have a ESP/GER/ITA/FRE game. If I inject the USA Mystic ticket, will this be legit?

A: All evidence suggests that the USA Wondercard distributions were compatible with all non-japanese games. Game release dates make it also technically possible to have received an Emerald Mystic ticket on an European game, and we know the USA Aurora Ticket distribution device is compatible with European games (but it only distributed the english wondercard, fully opetational though).

- USA and UK games are the very same game rom, so all the english events apply to both, regarless of being European or USA.

- The spanish Emerald Aurora ticket wondercard is fine, Nintendo messed up and left Vermillion city instead of updating the wondercard text to Hoenn. The event was never done in Spain, but it could be received at other countries if you used the spanish cart, so it is totally legit, so don't worry, nintendo was very sloppy with this.

- Nintendo also messed up the german Eon Ticket (there is photo proof from oficial german distribution that this was already known).

EON_TICKETS.png

EON_ticket_ereader_savegames.zip 153.61 kB · 3441 downloads

WC3Tool 0.1e.zip 512.03 kB · 3243 downloads

Hello people of the discussion, you will see I have a game in Spanish of LG taken from android (because I first played on android and then transferred it to PC), well the point is that every time I inject an event from whatever country it is, it puts a unhandled exception, I hope my information is useful thanks for reading

12 hours ago, Flicky TF said:

Hello people of the discussion, you will see I have a game in Spanish of LG taken from android (because I first played on android and then transferred it to PC), well the point is that every time I inject an event from whatever country it is, it puts a unhandled exception, I hope my information is useful thanks for reading

Be sure to load a save file (generally ending in .sav, if you have file extensions enabled), not the ROM, not an emulator save state.

• 4 weeks later...

Apologies if this seems like necroing the post but I wanted to ask

Should one use the wondercards to get one of the two tickets like the Aurora or Mystic ticket, use it to get it, then inject the other wondercard to get that one, would it still properly work and the game consider it being legally acquired?

Same for mixing Eon Ticket from Jap Emerald to Eng Emerald? 

Also can we acquire Jirachi from emerald event or some other event?

• 1 month later...

With the help of Artrios' pokecarde disassembly that was forked from hatschkys and can be found here:
https://github.com/Artrios/pokecarde

I have recreated my translated versions of the Japanese only e-Reader Berries in order to make sure that they would work on rom hacks such as Citrus Bolt's Pokémon Heliodor. They are mostly unchanged at a first glance except that I shortened the text on the tag of the Ginema Berry to make it look a bit nicer.

The dev data folder has some extra stuff that should be straight forward to understand.

Edit: You'll want to redownload as I needed to fix the Yago Berry due to a typo.

Translated e-Reader Berry Cards 2.0.zip

Edited by Wanderer1391
Yago Berry fix
  • Like 2

On 9/13/2022 at 5:48 AM, FrackaMir said:

Apologies if this seems like necroing the post but I wanted to ask

Should one use the wondercards to get one of the two tickets like the Aurora or Mystic ticket, use it to get it, then inject the other wondercard to get that one, would it still properly work and the game consider it being legally acquired?

Same for mixing Eon Ticket from Jap Emerald to Eng Emerald? 

Also can we acquire Jirachi from emerald event or some other event?

I would recommend you try out Trigger's PC. Once you import your save over, it works like a pokebank, letting your transfer not just your pokemon between saves of all 3th gen games(RSE, FRLG, CL and GoD, as well as PokeBox), but also your items, money/coins, tutor moves via move reminder if you have the items required(heart scales or mushrooms) and so much more, even letting you evolve pokemon you can only get by trading, like machamp or gengar
As for even legendaries, the program will actually give you "rewards" for completing objectives or going far enough in the game, think of them like xbox achievements or playstation trophies. That includes tickets from all events and even the japanese only mew event(won't transfer to pokebank if you caught it outside of a japanese release tho). You even get some other event pokemon, if I recall correctly, like jiraichi and celebi.
So in short, don't bother, just download TRPC and let it do the work for you. I can't imagine playing gen 3 games without it anymore, as long as you have a GBA backup tool plus R4 Flashcart, you can even transfer saves from carts and get the event pokemon like that, it's amazing

Edited by terminator1984

• 3 weeks later...